Jones v. Gustafsson: There is No Controversy

There are many people that genuinely think Gus won, unfortunately, they are wrong.

it's so easy being a judge. if it goes to decision just pick the fighter with less controversy as the winner. for example if gus had won, i don't think there would be much controversy.

If you watch round 2, you'll notice that Jones was outstruck. Gus had more punches to the face of Jones. Jones had more leg kicks, many of which were checked. Oh, and that kick to the face was partially blocked as well.

Don't expect people to actually watch the fight closely and notice things like this. You would think round 2 was a landslide for jones after reading what people on here are writing. Let's cancel out the baby taps to Gus' legs. Now Gus is ahead on significant strikes. Strong punches to face >>>> baby taps to legs. Not that anyone here would know, since probably only .0000001% of people on here have ever done MMA training.

Well the fight wasn't a robbery. It was a close fight that could have been scored 48-47 for either fighter or a draw. Jones was the champ so he got the nod in a decision that really could have went either way is their controversy sure some people scored the fight for Gus and when the judges scorecard differs from one's one people always get pissed. I think we all need to move on and accept in like six months time there will be a rematch(barring Jones or Gus losing which is highly unlikely) and focus on that rather than who the legitimate winner of this fight is because it really could have went either way.

This is sorely needed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversy

~

As for the fight, it was so close it could've gone either way and although I was rooting for Gustafson and I think he won It doesn't shock me that other might give the victory to Jones.

Regardless of the decision, and this is what Jones nuthuggers can't stand, Jones was shown to be what he really is: a skilled fighter who relies on range and height to completely dominate a division populated by smaller fighters. He's even supposed to be a wrestler and he only took Gus down once.

And yes, I do realize that the same applies to Gus but no one was saying that he was or will be the GOAT anytime soon.

Good for Jones that he's still the champ, but expect him to avoid any fights with anyone his own size from now on.

Back