Jones toughest fights; southpaws and tall dudes

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Southpaws: Belfort almost broke Jones arm (relevant because Vitor attacked the arm a southpaw would normally attack), Machida tagged Jones and blitzed him afterwards
, Thiago Santos (switch-stance) arguably outstruck Jones

Tall dudes: Gustafson almost beat him first time. Jon only coasted against OSP and Lionheart whereas he destroyed others.

Reyes is both a southpaw and a tall-ass dude.

I think it’s another good sign that Dominic truly seems to believe in himself and has the right mindset.

The picos are wearing off

He couldn't finish OSP, Smith, or Santos.

What happened the second Gus fight? Belfort was quick with the arm bar but didn't get it. Don't see Jones having any trouble

I have a sneaking suspicion that Jon is pulsing again.

I really hope reyes can pull this off.

I have a strong feeling Picto is going to finish Reyes and it won't be pretty.

We will see Reyes is ground game I guess

Rd 1 will tell us everything we need to know IMO.

If Reyes can not get controlled by Jones early oblique kicks and front kicks and can move and land with his punches, he can win.

He has to do it by ko/tko though , he's losing a decision.

Jones learned a lot from his fight against Gus, which is why he has had a lot of boring fights after that. He learned not to play into his opponents strengths. He's going to kick at Reyes' knees and paw at his face with his fingers out "jab" from the outside, and then when Reyes gets into comfortable range, he's going to clinch and wrench his shoulders until Reyes disengages. Rinse and Repeat either until the end of the fight or until Reyes takes a foolish risk and ends up on his back under Jones' vicious ground and pound.

Reyes is going to surprise you lot.
Unless Pokes return to form and blind him early or decides to grapple i see a very tough fight and if he decides to coast he may get caught by a counter.

I go Reyes by TKO in the second.

What happened the second Gus fight? Belfort was quick with the arm bar but didn't get it. Don't see Jones having any trouble
Picos happenend.
In all seriousness Jones HAS problems finding his rythm against tall fighters or southpaws. Does that mean Reyes will beat him? Ofc not.

when jon gets a dominant decision: b-b-b-ut he didn't finish

meanwhile you :eek::eek::eek:s jerk off to GSP and his 8 straight title fight decisions
Pi,pi,pi,pictograms.

bu,bu,bu,but a grain of salt in a herh,herh herh..

Keep GSPs name out of your picto infected mouth.F8A22A93-2EBD-411A-A4C0-8AAD0B38FB20.gif

Novitzky said Jones was tested 42 times in 2019 and that was unprecedented. I'm assuming that means that Jones pico levels are fluctuating normally as expected lol.

Pi,pi,pi,pictograms.

bu,bu,bu,but a grain of salt in a herh,herh herh..

Keep GSPs name out of your picto infected mouth.View attachment 722449

Jon is the Goat

GSP tapped to strikes

gif8.gif

If jones is the same as last fight I think Reyes will win the fight, I think Reyes is a better fighter than his last opponent who i thought he lost to

The picos are wearing off

He couldn't finish OSP, Smith, or Santos.
But didn't he finish DC and Gus in between those fights?

Do the "Pico's" only flair up every other fight? Lol.

If jones is the same as last fight I think Reyes will win the fight, I think Reyes is a better fighter than his last opponent who i thought he lost to
Just out of curiosity how did you score that fight in Santos' favor?

Sure, he threw twice as many strikes but landed only 25% of them with under 10 being to the head while Jones landed 65% of his strikes, more than doubled him in head strikes, controlled the range and had Thiago fighting in defence mode 95% of the fight and Thiago was the only one that got hurt and was in any danger of being finished at any point in the fight?

How is this seen as anything but the 49-46 Jones win it was other than people being so surprised the guy they thought had 0 chance coming in actually stayed somewhat competitive for 5 rounds and actually hit Jon a few times.

Don't be distracted by winging hooks that don't land and don't let the fact Jon wasn't completely dominant like you expected resulting in a somewhat tough fight distract you from the reality of the fight.

It's this type of thing (not the "expected to be dominant" part obviously) that lead to Leonard Garcia winning so many ridiculous decisions because he distracted the judges by winging none stop hooks with only a fraction of them actually landing while his opponent was picking him apart with straight accurate punches.

Dom Reyes hasn't shown anything that makes me believe he has a chance against Jones. He should have lost to Volkan and Weidman is not a good win these days.

Southpaws: Belfort almost broke Jones arm (relevant because Vitor attacked the arm a southpaw would normally attack), Machida tagged Jones and blitzed him afterwards
, Thiago Santos (switch-stance) arguably outstruck Jones

Tall dudes: Gustafson almost beat him first time. Jon only coasted against OSP and Lionheart whereas he destroyed others.

Reyes is both a southpaw and a tall-ass dude.

I think it’s another good sign that Dominic truly seems to believe in himself and has the right mindset.

toughest? fight at heavyweight. 5 years ago Werdum would have crushed him

Back