Jones Meeting with UFC Brass today

Least drama ever. He'll agree to fight Gustafsson. And now while Cormier waits his turn he can't say Jones is ducking him.

I think he will take the Gus fight, they'll push it back a week or two from that August 30th date I imagine. He gets a few extra weeks like he wants and more money, UFC gets the rematch.

it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall - i wonder if he gets more money for this strategy - good for him if so

Jones signs the deal and the haters will find a way to make it Jones fault.

Will you guys ever stop falling for this scripted shit? Don't you ever find it odd that every main event magically comes pre packaged with drama to rile the fans up?

Will you guys ever stop falling for this scripted shit? Don't you ever find it odd that every main event magically comes pre packaged with drama to rile the fans up?

well damn sometimes the drama is better than the fights, especially if dana gets involved.

cashmoney.gif

iqak9f.gif

1342248390790-1.gif

it would be worth a ppv to see the negotiations live between jones and uncle dana.

I hope Jones gets paid more. Because Dana said 'well the fight pass is in bringing fans(aka money) from Europe.'
Ok so Europe doesnt get the same access or whatever. Maybe they do. Either way dana is soaking up money/revenue everyway he can. It's good for the ufc so PAY valuable fighters more. I wish ufc would get rid of fight pass in America then.

I bet Jones will want DC to fight someone as part of the deal too. He wont want DC to sit on the sidelines and wait and will ask for DC to fight the next guy in line for sure. Jones wants his to make sure his opponents are damaged beat up a bit before fighting then.

I hope they tell him he now has to wear boxing gloves.. because he cannot be trusted with eye pokes

I bet Jones will want DC to fight someone as part of the deal too. He wont want DC to sit on the sidelines and wait and will ask for DC to fight the next guy in line for sure. Jones wants his to make sure his opponents are damaged beat up a bit before fighting then.

Sounds fair -- DC/Rumble or DC/Evans would both be fantastic fights. Hell, put them on the same card and lets find out who will fight Jones immediately after he puts Gus down again. That card could approach 1MM PPV buys.

he won't fight Gus, they'll try to explain why, but that or money won't change his mind. he wants to fight the next best guy, someone who didn't give him hell.

hope I'm wrong, but Jones' body language says "no thanks, I had enough of that shit".

it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall - i wonder if he gets more money for this strategy - good for him if so

There can be absolutely no doubt his contracted compensation will increase. None.

There can be absolutely no doubt his contracted compensation will increase. None.

i agree - i think its pretty sweet how he handled things actually - making everyone cry and making more money

Back