• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jones is past his prime. Beating him doesn't make someone better.

I don't know anymore.
I was one who thought beating Gane was too easy because of his lack of wrestling.
But I've thought it over.
And Cyril Gane is the heir apparent. He will beat anyone not named Jon Jones.
And Jones didn't wrestle fuc* him, lay n pray, or wall n stall.
He EASILY choked him out; and he did it in a flash.

If Stipe or Pav or anybody beats Jones, it's a good victory but you're not beating a prime Jones circa 2011-2019. He's four years out of his prime. Those are facts. Win or lose at this point,
Jon Jones will go down as the GOAT.

jon-jones-ufc.gif

The hammer smashed Jones and despite being offered a rematch Jones never accepted.

Someone actually needs to beat Jones other than the hammer first!

Stipe is also past his prime, and beating him doesn’t mean a whole lot. Means more to beat Jones, just because we’ve never seen anyone do it cleanly before.

As far as being GOAT, if you don’t care about a career full of PED cheating—and some people don’t—then sure, have at it.

This. Some sherdoggers think if John beats stipe that he's the goat of HW lol. Shows how dumb people are .

Last edited:
In the last fight? You really think so? I thought he looked terrible, tbh.
His takedowns were still explosive albeit a little slower in the entries, his striking was never really his strong suite and he always lacked head movement, Covington was touching him up in their first bout. You can't really judge if Usman is entirely out of his prime based off fights against a fellow elite fighter like Leon Edwards. Usmans next fights will be very telling, once he starts losing to people or struggling against fighters who otherwise he would beat like the Magnys, Chiesas etc. Then I can agree, but so far I'm still on the fence if he's slowed down or Edwards just improved and fought a perfect fight.

The end of person's career matters just as much as the beginning. BJ Penn ruined his image with all the losses he racked up. Fedor messing around and losing to Mitrione, Bader, and Werdum FFS. Not to mention middleweights in Henderson and Silva. If Jones hangs around and gets lit up by a bunch of dudes then it has to be factored in. Khabib and GSP were two of the smartest dudes to ever participate in MMA. They could put their ego aside and exit before all the whoopings started to accumulate.
Fedor losing to Werdum was his first official lost, that was not him fighting too long that was Fedor losing to a better fighter. It's just convenient to say he was out of his prime or whatever, once he started losing to the likes Mitrione, Bader, struggling with Maldanado that's when he was really just a shell of his former self. Fedor losing to the likes of other elite fighters like Henderson & Werdum isn't a knock on his career. If Jones hangs around and start losing to fighters like Almeida & Aspinalls then it isn't really a bad thing, as he's losing to great fighters, if he start losing to fighters like Ivanovs & Tuivasa fighters who he shouldn't be losing to then that will hurt his career.

theres no man alive that can beat jon jones past or present
there are only a few but its stil debatable

only father time beats him
eventually all will lose in the end

Stipe is also out of prime so it means a lot if someone of Jon's generation beats Jon. But it doesn't mean anything if a young fighter does that. Jon's prime ended in 2015 after first DC meeting.
Lol, what a stupid take. DC 2, Gus 2 and Gane fights are probably his best performances. His prime definitely didn’t end in 2015 and he still could be in it

By this logic DC was past his prime when Jones beat him and it means nothing.
Man, that's what you would expect from MMA Fans, now that Jon won against Gane, we're not gonna hear the end of it, they're gonna talk like forever, that's why I wished if Gane won but Jon was too much for him :(

Lol, what a stupid take. DC 2, Gus 2 and Gane fights are probably his best performances. His prime definitely didn’t end in 2015 and he still could be in it
It appears that Jon is hitting his stride, like, it's not just that he's still in his prime, No, he's hitting his stride too, I've never seen a fighter or even a GOAT was able to do that, who did that except him??!!

If Stipe or Pav or anybody beats Jones, it's a good victory but you're not beating a prime Jones circa 2011-2019. He's four years out of his prime. Those are facts. Win or lose at this point,
Jon Jones will go down as the GOAT.

jon-jones-ufc.gif
Stipe is also past his prime, and beating him doesn’t mean a whole lot. Means more to beat Jones, just because we’ve never seen anyone do it cleanly before.

As far as being GOAT, if you don’t care about a career full of PED cheating—and some people don’t—then sure, have at it.
So by that logic, Jon's win over DC doesn't make him anything cause DC was past his prime then cause he was 36 when they fought.

I don't know anymore.
I was one who thought beating Gane was too easy because of his lack of wrestling.
But I've thought it over.
And Cyril Gane is the heir apparent. He will beat anyone not named Jon Jones.
And Jones didn't wrestle fuc* him, lay n pray, or wall n stall.
He EASILY choked him out; and he did it in a flash.
We will see how the win ages when gane fights spivak, if spivak, who is actually very strong, is able to just rag doll him and beat the shit out of him on the ground, then it sort of makes what jones did less impressive

Back