Jones is out of prime and declining, while Santos is peaking at the perfect time.

Doesn't mean its going to be enough, though, but it can make things interesting.

Jones is now past the mythical 10 years as a pro line and imo it has already shown in his last two fights. Meanwhile Santos is at the point in his career (9 years), when weirdly many fighters have the very best performances of their careers (usually just before the decline starts). For Jones that peak was the DC rematch (9 years), and he did look better than ever in that fight.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but Jones is not in his prime anymore. He just might still keep winning for awhile like Fedor did, because the competition is/was that far behind.

Dont be suprised if Santos gives Jones serious problems.

Except that Jones hasn't been active for 10 years as an MMA fighter. He sat out for how long for various suspensions?

He's never been KO'd and other than his first fight with Gus has taken minimal damage in all of his other fights combined.

Jones will blow through Santos with ease.

Jones just dominated every milli-second of the fight against Smith, and stopped Gus in the fight before that.

How’s he declining?

No fuckin shit! I haven't seen anything to assume Jones has lost a step. This is fuckin stupid!

<Deported1>

Except that Jones hasn't been active for 10 years as an MMA fighter. He sat out for how long for various suspensions?

He has been training the whole time.

He's never been KO'd

He has been KOd in sparring by his own words.

and other than his first fight with Gus has taken minimal damage in all of his other fights combined.

He has absorbed 400 significant strikes in his last 7 fights, for comparison, Santos 150 in his last 10.

Yes, he is the favorite. We will see what happens.

He has been training the whole time.

He has been KOd in sparring by his own words.

He has absorbed 400 significant strikes in his last 7 fights, for comparison, Santos 150 in his last 10.

Yes, he is the favorite. We will see what happens.

? He has absorbed more strikes because he has been fighting far better competition than Santos has. The guy has been KO'd 3 times, most recently just over a year ago.

Santos has also never gone more than 3 rounds his entire career.

If you are so confident that Santos has a good chance against Jones, I'd suggest you post a betting slip to demonstrate your confidence in him.

The Jones fanatics will become like the Fedor diehards insisting that JJ was "out of his prime" when he inevitably loses.

The Jones fanatics will become like the Fedor diehards insisting that JJ was "out of his prime" when he inevitably loses.

Well, he is. Just like Fedor was long before he finally lost. I won't blame them for that (Jones fans).

Come on, guys. I nailed it, give me some props.

Jones looked like he expected to cruise to an easy decision in that fight ala the Smith fight.

I expect a rematch would look very different. Jones doesn't like to look anything less than the best. He did what, one takedown attempt the whole fight? It was pretty bizarre.

We know how aggressive he is in rematches though (Gus and DC...)

Jones looked like he expected to cruise to an easy decision in that fight ala the Smith fight.

I expect a rematch would look very different. Jones doesn't like to look anything less than the best. He did what, one takedown attempt the whole fight? It was pretty bizarre.

We know how aggressive he is in rematches though (Gus and DC...)

He was less aggressive (lower pace) in the Gus rematch, than in their first fight.

He was less aggressive (lower pace) in the Gus rematch, than in their first fight.

Yes because he made adjustments to his strategy. Standing and banging with Gus for 25 minutes nearly lost him the fight.

I'd say finishing someone is a pretty aggressive maneuver

Yes because he made adjustments to his strategy. Standing and banging with Gus for 25 minutes nearly lost him the fight.

I'd say finishing someone is a pretty aggressive maneuver

That Gus would have lost to every fighter in the top10, he injured himself early in the first round. Jones was past his prime already in that fight, Gus just looked even a lot worse.

Wow his knees are peaking

Sorry I meant creaking

He's never been KO'd and other than his first fight with Gus has taken minimal damage in all of his other fights combined.

I know this was said before the Santos fight, but all that coke and partying will age anybody by years.

He's obviously alot slower now than before, just go watch his fight againt Rashad, or even the first Gus fight.

Night and day difference in speed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back