Jones is out of prime and declining, while Santos is peaking at the perfect time.

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Doesn't mean its going to be enough, though, but it can make things interesting.

Jones is now past the mythical 10 years as a pro line and imo it has already shown in his last two fights. Meanwhile Santos is at the point in his career (9 years), when weirdly many fighters have the very best performances of their careers (usually just before the decline starts). For Jones that peak was the DC rematch (9 years), and he did look better than ever in that fight.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but Jones is not in his prime anymore. He just might still keep winning for awhile like Fedor did, because the competition is/was that far behind.

Dont be suprised if Santos gives Jones serious problems.

I can't wait until Jones gets KTFO and leaves the UFC.

Jones just dominated every milli-second of the fight against Smith, and stopped Gus in the fight before that.

How’s he declining?

Man, if someone of Thiago Santos' caliber can beat Jon Jones this place will explode lol. All the greats will have fallen.
You're not wrong that fighters typically fall off after 10 years of elite competition, I just have a hard time believing Santos is the guy to do it though.

He's in him prime age by the way. Stil young, alot more to accomplish,

Maybe he's not roiding anymore, ofc that would slow him down a lot.

But he stil wins

Jones just dominated every milli-second of the fight against Smith, and stopped Gus in the fight before that.

How’s he declining?

This is the reaction I expected. Just because Smith and Gus fought like shit, doesn't mean Jones was at his best. He just didn't look the same fighter anymore than he was in the DC rematch, but feel free to disagree.

I forgot who the quote originally was originally applied to but....

"He's lost a few steps, but he had a crapload to lose".

By the way, Jones is only marginally past his prime at best

Why do you think Jones is in some sort of a decline? He has like 6 fights in the past 5 years and barely takes damage. He's 31 years old. Henry Cejudo is older than Jon Jones and he's the triple champ.

johnnie walker is the most intriguing guy i want to see jones fight at 205.

He is still operating at 95% efficiency, here are his stats at the moment

Power - 96
Speed - 94
Intelligence - 98
Stamina - 92
Magic - 90

How’s he declining?
Smith also submitted Gus. Gus isn’t very good anymore. That being said I’m not disagreeing with you about Jon still being a beast.

I'm not a Jones fan, but let's not forget that David Branch knocked Santos out not that long ago. Jones will eat him alive.

Why do you think Jones is in some sort of a decline? He has like 6 fights in the past 5 years and barely takes damage. He's 31 years old. Henry Cejudo is older than Jon Jones and he's the triple champ.
Jones got 9 more fights than him, though. Mileage>Age.

I agree with you when you say that he did a great job by not taking lots of damage. He is not in his absolute prime though, its just that he is so good at fighting and cheating that he makes his opponents look like scrub. Imo in 2-3 years we will see a notable decline.

Not buying it, cuz
Even if true...Jones could lose 100 steps and still beat Santos

So if a fighter just keeps roiding his prime never ends? Sound logic you got there.

972e4f5a07556058a56bf6f087846bd5_original.jpg

Yes

Back