Jones is one of the best at mind games

His are very subtle. He is soft spoken just about all the time but he delivers very potent condescending jabs and put downs.

With the face offs he does the same, he almost condescends his opponent by not looking at them or just smiling like he knows there is zero threat.

S/o to best in the fight game. Boxing, mma, kickboxing, he would destroy every man on this planet imo. He finishes Reyes later.
The bottom line always is with Jones that he ends up being superior inside the Octagon, and it's impossible to determine exactly what the extra factors were which led to that. Mental superiority inside the Octagon is certainly a factor. RIP Neil Peart.

I like how he subtlety rubs it in after his wins...

“Anthony Smith... I’m so proud of your career”

It’s like ultra fake sincerity, and he knows it comes off that way.

His subtle way of belittling opponents brings great joy to my soul.

No, if he ran in to any man in the planet hand on hand combat in an airport he wins.
giphy.gif

His are very subtle. He is soft spoken just about all the time but he delivers very potent condescending jabs and put downs.

With the face offs he does the same, he almost condescends his opponent by not looking at them or just smiling like he knows there is zero threat.

S/o to best in the fight game. Boxing, mma, kickboxing, he would destroy every man on this planet imo. He finishes Reyes later.

Maybe the guy is just an arrogant dick and people are intimidated by his skills? lol

Interesting thread...haven't seen one in a bit for Jon Jones mind games.

I think HHJ might be right, though. I think 85% of his "mind games" are him just being unstoppable in the octagon. But you are right, TS, he is very condescending to his opponents. Its almost like he views himself as the lion toying with the mouse.

And he can fight 2.

How? I can't see him getting caught. I think we will see after Jon's first teep kick/ knee kick attempt how easy this might be.

Idk how and I wouldn’t bet on it. More of a prayer to Jesus. Jon would/could appreciate that

I mean, how could he not be haha. Look at all the bad blood feuds he's been in.

Rampage because of the whole spies in camp thing, Rashad because they were former training partners, Gus because of the controversial first fight, DC because of literally everything, Chael because Jon wouldn't fight him on short notice.

Not to even mention all the fighters that have talked shit about him but didn't even fight him. Rockhold, Weidman, Adesanya.

It's pretty insane when you think about it.

Reyes by TKO! Mark my words. I got money down!

You're right for the most part, but you lost me by the end. A little too much nuthugging. The fact is Jones is aging. He's looked beatable a few times. He could retire undefeated but his day will come if he doesn't.

He is not the best fighter alive either. No way. He's the best UFC lightheavyweight, and I favor him tonight, but slow down

You're right for the most part, but you lost me by the end. A little too much nuthugging. The fact is Jones is aging. He's looked beatable a few times. He could retire undefeated but his day will come if he doesn't.

He is not the best fighter alive either. No way. He's the best UFC lightheavyweight, and I favor him tonight, but slow down
If he’s not the best he’s among the top handful.

If he’s not the best he’s among the top handful.
P4P, maybe. Accomplishments, probably. I just have my doubts on how he would handle Ngannou or Stipe, even Rosenstruik. I'm just saying no one is king forever... But Jones has quite a legacy XD

P4P, maybe. Accomplishments, probably. I just have my doubts on how he would handle Ngannou or Stipe, even Rosenstruik. I'm just saying no one is king forever... But Jones has quite a legacy XD
LOL Rozenstruik. His tdd is about the same as GDRs

Who is the best alive?

Back