Jones Doesn't Deserve A NC, And Neither Do Fighters Who Test Positive For THC

melvinj0

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The effects of the coke were gone by the time Jones fought, just like the effects of Marijuana are gone by the a fighter who smokes fights.

The difference is that marijuana stays in your system longer, but still seems unfair to punish either fighter when neither drug enhances their performance int he fight.

Last edited:
Many fighters have been given a NC for testing positive for Marijuana after fights, so it should be the same with Coke. Hell Riddle lost his job because he was legally smoking Marijuana, at the very least Jones should be given a NC.

Too bad this does not apply to testing BEFORE. I can't believe how many people are missing that point. YES, it's probably a stupid loophole. But that's why all these shitty comparisons are shitty

Too bad this does not apply to testing BEFORE. I can't believe how many people are missing that point. YES, it's probably a stupid loophole. But that's why all these shitty comparisons are shitty

what are you talking about?

what are you talking about?

I'm explaining why he was not suspended whereas guys who tested for weed in their POST-FIGHT TEST were. If Jones failed his post0fight test for cocaine I'm 99.9999999999999% sure he would get punished severely

So, we have people saying you should be allowed to use Cocaine before the fight during the final days of training/resting/weight balancing, etc?

So, we have people saying you should be allowed to use Cocaine before the fight during the final days of training/resting/weight balancing, etc?

No. Just stating why the situation is different. Don't get so emotional about it.

Many fighters have been given a NC for testing positive for Marijuana after fights, so it should be the same with Coke. Hell Riddle lost his job because he was legally smoking Marijuana, at the very least Jones should be given a NC.

That test was failed back on December 4th. He's tested clean since then.

I love when shit like this happens. All the retards come out of the woodwork and I can easily add them to my ignore list.

He has to fail a post fight test.. As of now he hasn't..

Doesn't really make sense, fighters who hadn't smoked weed in weeks leading up to the fight have been handing NC's just cus it was in there system.

Doesn't really make sense, fighters who hadn't smoked weed in weeks leading up to the fight have been handing NC's just cus it was in there system.

He was re-tested and it's out of his system for the fight..

I'm explaining why he was not suspended whereas guys who tested for weed in their POST-FIGHT TEST were. If Jones failed his post0fight test for cocaine I'm 99.9999999999999% sure he would get punished severely

Had just heard the story, figured it was fight related since the new was released so soon after the fight :)

My bad, still think there will be some punishment though.

He was re-tested and it's out of his system for the fight..

Still it seems like NC are usually handed out to fighters who smoke weed as more of a disciplin for smoking it and less of a punishment for using it as a performance enhancer (since it isn't and the effects are not there even if it is still in your system).

Doesn't seem like the rules should be bended just because coke doesn't stay in your system for nearly as long.

Boy imagine if he was on cocaine the whole fight. Could explain how he ate those uppercuts.

Still it seems like NC are usually handed out to fighters who smoke weed as more of a disciplin for smoking it and less of a punishment for using it as a performance enhancer (since it isn't the the effects are not there even if it is still in your system).

Doesn't seem like the rules should be bended just because coke doesn't stay in your system for nearly as long.

Lol the rules aren't being bended at all. You're confusing bending the rules with questionable rules. If the rules state it only matters post-fight and in your system then when the last time you did it has no meaning. In order for the rule to change it would have to be worded as in "Can't test positive within 30 days of comeptition" or something. There is no rule like that I'm aware of.

Chill out buddy lol, I already realized this and apologized for jumping the gun.

Why would you create a thread about something without knowing all the details or even reading an article?

Sherdog...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back