Media Jones did a lot of strange moves in the Teixeira fight

Glover is super orthodox. I'd guess it was a way to throw off his timing and angles

Last edited:
MwWCgoAaERkSXLasuMZqVmh6KllbdDECzp-rdZxIaQc.gif
When you try to be Roy Jones Jr., but realize you're stiff, lanky, and awkward.

Actually have never seen that fight, probably the only JJ UFC fight I never saw (fucking family function on)

Just asking to get blasted, but Glover froze. Hooks or elbows to the side of the head, knee or hooks to the body...

<{hughesimpress}>

Glover was like
<mma3>
it's not new and it works despite how it looks, it's designed to bait those looping attacks, jones is just awkward looking.

it's not new and it works despite how it looks, it's designed to bait those looping attacks, jones is just awkward looking.

Do you have elbows or knees in boxing, though?

957.gif

This is going to sound a little weird, but I don't think most fighters have the stomach to do something that malicious to another human being. You can't see internal damage you're inflicting with blows. The prospect of tearing apart somebody's shoulder probably makes most of them uncomfortable, especially since a standing shoulder crank is likely to do immediate damage whereas people usually have more time to tap to a kneebar or something of that nature.

In addition, a lot of fighters aren't loose enough in the cage to get creative.

I kind of see your point, but people said the same thing about oblique kicks and now they're used regularly.

I've seen a couple of others try should cranks, but can't recall who.

notice how dont completely blind themselves while doing it. or leaving their body fully exposed.

That was back when Jones was still being creative, before he realized he could just stay at range and use eyepokes and oblique kicks to win decisions.

That was back when Jones was still being creative, before he realized he could just stay at range and use eyepokes and oblique kicks to win decisions.

It was also back when he was fighting guys who had held the title or were on 20-fight win streaks, instead of ex-middleweights who moved up and won a fight or two.

Wouldn’t this fuck up the elbow more than the shoulder?

Could easily dislocate the elbow if you rotate and lift it high enough.

It hurts both - but IMO - it definitely has a higher effect on the elbow.

Do you have elbows or knees in boxing, though?

957.gif
Glover is primarily a boxer, if you notice what Jones does in fights is he fights according to his opponent. As it goes in mma, if you pay attention, many fighters don't utilizes many techniques that would prove useful.

you forgot when jones was putting his hands on glover's head, measuring distance while simultaneously frustrating his opponent

Back