Jones' Chin-My Questions Answered

SSJ16

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I always wondered how Jones would fare to taking multiple shots, getting damaged or cut and last night, the dude shows me that he has a chin and the durability to fight while damaged.

Was anyone else surprised by his chin, do you feel like you have more clarity to how strong Jones' chin is, or did you know all along the dude could take multiple big shots.

Anyways, my hat goes of to Mr. Bones for his gutsy performance.

His chin's fine. His defence is worrying though

Never thought he had an Arlovski chin, especially after that hard hit from Machida.

He proved last night he can take a licking and keep on ticking.

That said, we haven't seen him take a hit to the head that would KO an average UFC fighter.

I don't think anyone can accuse him of having a weak chin, especially after last night. He took some great shots and really didn't buckle.

Already knew he had a good chin... I hate Jones as human-being (his attitude/personality), appreciate him as a fighter, and I'm not a fan at all... but you gotta give him he has a good chin.

Gus showed us he's very beatable though... Jones doesn't have the aura of invincibility Fedor and Silva had for so long. A striker with good TDD will beat him soon or later.

His chin's fine. His defence is worrying though

I thought his defense was pretty good. Gus is a good boxer so he was gonna get his shots in, but a lot of the time, Jones slipped big punches or didn't get his flush.

Already knew he had a good chin... I hate Jones as human-being (his attitude/personality), appreciate him as a fighter, and I'm not a fan at all... but you gotta give him he has a good chin.

Gus showed us he's very beatable though... Jones doesn't have the aura of invincibility Fedor and Silva had for so long. A striker with good TDD will beat him soon or later.

You don't like sexual chocolate?

He has good defense, when he gets hit his shoulder is there to soften the blow so his head doesnt get jacked, seems like he has good defensive skills when it comes to absorbing damage

I thought his defense was pretty good. Gus is a good boxer so he was gonna get his shots in, but a lot of the time, Jones slipped big punches or didn't get his flush.

Problem was he did that, but he also froze up a lot of the times he got hit.

I think it was more just a problem as he was absolutely flabbergasted that he couldn't take down Gus and that was affecting his whole game. Everything was still there physically, but he mentally took a big hit I think when he found out he couldn't take the fight to the ground like he normally does and that just bled into the rest of his game

You don't like sexual chocolate?

Nope, I think he's a douche. But I appreciate him as a fighter.

I respect Mayweather as a boxer, but he's a real asshole outside of the ring ;) Can't change it

I knew his chin was at least decent since the O'Brien fight. This fight proved that it's very good.

the reason why jj seems to have a good chin is because of his reach. we've yet to see him get tagged with a clean shot because most of the punches that land barely reach his head to cause great damage meaning they're not full imact blows unlike a punch that goes right through the target.

the reason why jj seems to have a good chin is because of his reach. we've yet to see him get tagged with a clean shot because most of the punches that land barely reach his head to cause great damage meaning they're not full imact blows unlike a punch that goes right through the target.

Lost.

I personally think he's ready to take some bombs from a Klitchko brother...

if jones fought someone with the same reach, his "chin" wouldn't be as good. simple science explained: a good punch needs to land a few inches past the target but if the guy's reach is so short and he lands, it's barely tapping the dude. try punching your palm with a fist and extend your punching arm to the fullest going no more than 1 inch pass your palm. now do the same thing but punch 5 inches behind your palm. feel the difference??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back