Jones' Chin-My Questions Answered

That said, we haven't seen him take a hit to the head that would KO an average UFC fighter.

we've yet to see him get tagged with a clean shot

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8bdddb970c-900wi

Looked pretty solid to me
Also being as his arm wasnt extended yet, dont try and tell me he was at the end of his reach with that shot. Jones took a few really good hits and kept it rolling. Good chin

I knew his chin was always solid ever since he ate that upkick from Vera. But this fight proved that Jones has heart and durability also.

Did Jones ever get hit on the chin? I can't remember. I remember Gus getting saved by the bell though.

Lost again. More 'reach' QQ..

i don't have to prove anything to you that jj's reach plays a huge role in why he isn't too often struck with full impact blows. i know more than u. your bb doesn't mean jack to me son.

I'm still not convinced he could take Glovers power.

i don't have to prove anything to you that jj's reach plays a huge role in why he isn't too often struck with full impact blows. i know more than u. your bb doesn't mean jack to me son.

brb childlike person claiming he knows more about striking than someone who has actually competed in and won martial arts sparring tournaments..

I wouldn't call him having a great chin yet, this is a classic forrest griffin situation

Forrest could take a beating like no one else but when it came to a solid connecting shot he crumpled every time and we never saw jones take a solid shot to the chin as most of Gus' punches landed in the eye, lip and cheek areas

Doesn't answer any questions about his chin for me because we already knew it was solid, and he didn't take any huge shots. The fight showed his overall toughness, but taking a beating doesn't raise your stock, it lowers it.

Back