Jon Jones will wait until Velasquez is past his prime before moving up to heavyweight

mikedanton

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Despite Jon Jones saying he would fight Cain in a heartbeat I think he knows that a prime Cain would grind him out at the moment.

Last night I felt Cormier won the first two rounds with his uppercuts, narrowly lost the 3rd due to tiredness then Jones cardio took over and left him by the wayside.

Cain on the other hand would have kept smothering him with his boxing until the final bell. I don't think Jones leverage would affect Cain's energy levels as they did Daniel's.

I think Jon will wait until he hits around 30 before moving up. Then perhaps Cain will be less of a threat.

Cain is waiting until he is out if his own prime.

Think Jones is a LHW and will be for most of his career.

Maybe wait a few days for the hate parade to continue. And the "next" guy to beat jones.

lol @ took the first two rounds. Stop it.
This is example one of sherdoggers knowing nothing about judging fights.

Getting in with the excuses early.

Cain is already past his prime, in my opinion. With his nagging injuries, and basically spending years of his career fighting just 2 opponents, it's possible we've already seen the best of Cain. He's a beast, no doubt, but when the body breaks down on you....

Why does no one want Weidman to move up to LHW? He is much bigger for his division than Jones is. Jones easily makes 205 and isn't heavy at all for that weight class. Oh yeah the pathetic haters want him to lose...

If Jones waits 3 years Cain might manage to fight twice.

lol @ took the first two rounds. Stop it.
This is example one of sherdoggers knowing nothing about judging fights.

A large number of UFC fighters scored it that way too. You're an example of a forumite that thinks he knows lots about judging fights. You know nothing.

A large number of UFC fighters scored it that way too. You're an example of a forumite that thinks he knows lots about judging fights. You know nothing.

unlike the judges who judged the fight and judged Jones won the fight.

judged judged judged.

I have forgotten what 'prime' Valasquez looks like.

It's hard to judge fights when groupthink and confirmation bias are in effect.

unlike the judges who judged the fight and judged Jones won the fight.

judged judged judged.

I don't argue with the decision that Jones won the fight. He made Daniel look terrible in the 2nd half of the fight, but Cormier won the first two rounds.

Back