Jon Jones tied GSP for 2nd most consecutive UFC wins (12) with his win over Cormier.

Chuck Rock

Blue Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Seems that little fact was kind of lost among all the Cocaine threads.

GSP never once tested positive for anything nor had any weird T/E ratios that would imply possible blood doping either.

Jones is phenomenal, but there's an asterisk by his career right now until this gets cleared up.

I think he also tied Melvin Guillard for most times (1) tested positive for coke. I could be wrong though.

GSP never once tested positive for anything nor had any weird T/E ratios that would imply possible blood doping either.

Jones is phenomenal, but there's an asterisk by his career right now until this gets cleared up.

Yeah.

His accomplishments are amazing and he'll probably break every record Georges or Anderson ever set, but if he's doing it dirty it doesn't mean shit.

In the running for GOAT discussion. No doubt GOAT LHW.

Not a surprise at all, an amazing athlete and talent.

He has been GOAT LHW since the Gus win.

Now he's just gunning for the All Time GOAT status.

GOAT gonna GOAT.

Hope his recovery goes well as a fight fan. Appreciate his style. I think he can manage it. We'll all have to see how his first fight with a bit of ring rust around all this will pan out.

Hope his recovery goes well as a fight fan. Appreciate his style. I think he can manage it. We'll all have to see how his first fight with a bit of ring rust around all this will pan out.

I still don't think he has a cocaine addiction.

At least, I am hoping he just did it casually.

Would actually be impressive (since he has been accused of doing cocaine since 2012 at the latest) to be able to perform the way he does, despite having an addiction.

Bones is a joke. DUI, Coke, what else do you want. Not the GOAT by a long shot. That belongs to honorable and true champions like Anderson, GSP and Fedor.

GSP is my favorite fighter, but I disagree about the asterisk.

If something comes out that proves Jones cheated, that's one thing, but it hasn't, so there's no point tearing at his accomplishments, which are incredible.

The guy strikes me as a bit of an ass. That said if he has indeed done what he has clean it can't be knocked. Outside problems don't effect the performances and results.

I still don't think he has a cocaine addiction.

At least, I am hoping he just did it casually.

Would actually be impressive (since he has been accused of doing cocaine since 2012 at the latest) to be able to perform the way he does, despite having an addiction.

Yeah, shonuf said there was a deleted thread from 2011 with rumors regarding use back then from a supposed old training buddy of sorts.

I dunno, seems a bit off. I can't really judge either way. It could be a PR stunt from the ole' UFC or it could be a real issue.

Not that I care, dude can do whatever he wants outside of competition if isn't illegal. Toke up, enjoy some snow, whatever. All the power, would just like for all this dust to settle and I'm personally hopeful he isn't addicted even if I'm not a fan of his personality.

GSP is my favorite fighter, but I disagree about the asterisk.

If something comes out that proves Jones cheated, that's one thing, but it hasn't, so there's no point tearing at his accomplishments, which are incredible.

I see your point, but there's some pretty strong evidence being put out there right now that Jones hasn't been doing this completely natural.

Like I said, I'll reserve my thoughts for if/when this gets cleaned up but for now my eyebrow is raised about someone who I once thought could've been superhuman.

He has been GOAT LHW since the Gus win.

Now he's just gunning for the All Time GOAT status.

GOAT gonna GOAT.

I wonder how many more GOATs there would be, if all fighters had the same "unfair" advantages.

Should really think about that.

Back