Jon Jones thread

Jones has had this whole forum talking about almost nothing but him everyday since the Reyes fight.

If he destroyed Reyes it would’ve been business as usual. His career is so much more compelling now that he looks human in every fight. The fact that he has to dig deep to win shows the championship mentality he posesses, and solidifies his status as one of the truly greatest of all-time.

Like him or not, you’re thinking about Jon Jones based on his last performance (if you’re a UFC fan), and most of you are talking about him. This is great for Jon. Have never been a huge fan of Jon, but he is really impressing me lately, and I can’t wait to see his next fight.

Haters gonna hate.
<JonesLaugh>

PicsArt_02-13-08.13.36.jpg

Its good because everybody stopped talking about conor

Or perhaps people that enjoy great fights and arent looking for a hero like you seem to be. To me that's having issues

But you see, to many of us a great fight is (inter alia) a fair fight. You may find it thrilling when Jones pokes somebody's eye or knees someone in the goolies but believe me, quite a few of us are dismayed and disgusted by it. You think that's having "issues"; I think it's having sensibilities.

But you see, to many of us a great fight is (inter alia) a fair fight. You may find it thrilling when Jones pokes somebody's eye or knees someone in the goolies but believe me, quite a few of us are dismayed and disgusted by it. You think that's having "issues"; I think it's having sensibilities.
Show me the amount of people injured or fights stopped due to a Jones eyepokes and oblique kicks. I got time today cuz

Thats a lot of unnecessary words to argue against something that is objectively irrefutable.

Well, forgive me for not being as concise as you.

Anyone who suggests otherwise is simply showing their bias and emotional influence

Also, people who dont pay much attention to majority of sports where 90% of high level athletes are either using or have used.

All our favourite fighters have used. I used to be a big a zealot against PEDs as any, but this is the reality of sports.

If it were that easy to achieve greatness by using then everyone would do it.

This is reality. Not some half truth idealistic construct. And in this reality, there is nobody you could objectively argue that sits higher than Jones on the all time pantheon of mma giants. Both in overall skillset and accolades. I say that as a massive fedor fan as well

Any champion who consistently tests clean and wins his fights without fouls sits higher than Jones on all the all time pantheon of MMA giants.

Show me the amount of people injured or fights stopped due to a Jones eyepokes and oblique kicks. I got time today cuz

Does somebody have to lose his eyesight for you to see anything wrong with fouls??

Who was the last fighter to get eye poked by Jones? DC in the first fight?
Yeah DC the man who actually has hurt people with eyepokes lol. Notice how much less hate he gets than Jones who is only guilty really of hurting Hamil's deaf ass when he was still green

Well, forgive me for not being as concise as you.

Any champion who consistently tests clean and wins his fights without fouls sits higher than Jones on all the all time pantheon of MMA giants.
Incredibly naive

Theyre all using or have used brother

Even under usada

It means nothing to "test clean"

Listen to GSP on Rogan, he openly said that even under usada that anyone can still pass the tests without much effort.

Its a very naive criteria

And again, lets pay attention to all sports around the world, 90 percent of the best are using with very few exceptions.

Does somebody have to lose his eyesight for you to see anything wrong with fouls??
Show me the times in 26 fights Jones has hurt anyone illegally other than Matt Hamill. Ready go... Let me stop you. You cant. See you are the danger of running a narrative into the ground. People start believing and parroting things that are exaggerated or... flat out didnt happen. You are full of shit. You're welcome for saving you the time of searching for something that isnt there btw.

Show me the times in 26 fights Jones has hurt anyone illegally other than Matt Hamill. Ready go... Let me stop you. You cant. See you are the danger of running a narrative into the ground. People start believing and parroting things that are exaggerated or... flat out didnt happen. You are full of shit. You're welcome for saving you the time of searching for something that isnt there btw.

Ah, so Jones hasn't committed any fouls? It's all a rumour?

Ah, so Jones hasn't committed any fouls? It's all a rumour?
I got you. I've seen this trick before. When all else fails and you cant prove the point you claim just lie and make up something the other guy never said to try to get a win. You sneaky sneak. I think you may be every piece of dirty cheat you point at Jones for

I got you. I've seen this trick before. When all else fails and you cant prove the point you claim just lie and make up something the other guy never said to try to get a win. You sneaky sneak. I think you may be every piece of dirty cheat you point at Jones for

Sorry, I mistook you for the guy who wrote "People start believing and parroting things that are exaggerated or... flat out didnt happen. You are full of shit."

Sorry, I mistook you for the guy who wrote "People start believing and parroting things that are exaggerated or... flat out didnt happen. You are full of shit."
The entire narrative of Jones consistently hurts other fighters illegally and intentionally sounds good. Now you have been given 6 hours to display it. Show me his repeated injurious fouls that have resulted in disqualification or another fighter injured. Dont come back with that bullshit like "oh you're saying Jones doesnt commit fouls". This is your claim.

Back