Jon Jones thread

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Jones has had this whole forum talking about almost nothing but him everyday since the Reyes fight.

If he destroyed Reyes it would’ve been business as usual. His career is so much more compelling now that he looks human in every fight. The fact that he has to dig deep to win shows the championship mentality he posesses, and solidifies his status as one of the truly greatest of all-time.

Like him or not, you’re thinking about Jon Jones based on his last performance (if you’re a UFC fan), and most of you are talking about him. This is great for Jon. Have never been a huge fan of Jon, but he is really impressing me lately, and I can’t wait to see his next fight.

Haters gonna hate.
<JonesLaugh>

I'll cut you some slack because your from B.C.

"Have never been a huge fan of Jon, but he is really impressing me lately, and I can’t wait to see his next fight."

giphy.gif

The fact that he has to dig deep to win shows the championship mentality he posesses, and solidifies his status as one of the truly greatest of all-time.

I can't imagine what mental contortions you have to go through to think padding his record with robberies "solidifies his status as one of the greatest of all time."

The doping, the eye pokes and the phony wins all combine to elevate him to the pantheon of great martial artists?

I can't imagine what mental contortions you have to go through to think padding his record with robberies "solidifies his status as one of the greatest of all time."

The doping, the eye pokes and the phony wins all combine to elevate him to the pantheon of great martial artists?
and yet hes still the best MMA fighter of all time

No matter how hard anyone tries to dispute it

He's still not on the technical level of a Jose Aldo or a GSP but there's never a dull moment with Jonny Bones

It doesn't matter that he does his work in one of the shallowest talent pools, every single title fight of his has been drama, whether he dominates or takes a close dec or gets sent to hospital afterward

It's why he's been my favourite fighter to watch for well over half a decade now

There's just never a dull moment with ol' Jonny Bones

giphy.gif

and yet hes still the best MMA fighter of all time

No matter how hard anyone tries to dispute it

I'm sure he's a hero to people who see him as the epitome of prospering by being unscrupulous and dream of doing likewise.
For the rest of us, the... irregularities surrounding his career are the opposite of "best."

I must say it's highly unusual for the most prominent topic on the forum to be a recent ppv event.

{<BJPeen}

I'm sure he's a hero to people who see him as the epitome of prospering by being unscrupulous and dream of doing likewise.
For the rest of us, the... irregularities surrounding his career are the opposite of "best."
Or perhaps people that enjoy great fights and arent looking for a hero like you seem to be. To me that's having issues

Thats a lot of unnecessary words to argue against something that is objectively irrefutable.

Anyone who suggests otherwise is simply showing their bias and emotional influence

Also, people who dont pay much attention to majority of sports where 90% of high level athletes are either using or have used.

All our favourite fighters have used. I used to be a big a zealot against PEDs as any, but this is the reality of sports.

If it were that easy to achieve greatness by using then everyone would do it.

This is reality. Not some half truth idealistic construct. And in this reality, there is nobody you could objectively argue that sits higher than Jones on the all time pantheon of mma giants. Both in overall skillset and accolades. I say that as a massive fedor fan as well

Last edited:
Lol! You changed over to Jones? Well, I suppose strike when the kettle is hot.
Changed over? Ive been a jones fan since long before he even made it.

for a long long time ive said Jones is the best overall fighter that mma has produced thus far

Refer to the last line of the post you n00b.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back