Jon Jones struggle to lift weight what half size mate life with ease

It is extremely hard to squat full range of motion for someone of Jones build. Shorter stockier guys have advantage in powerlifting. His long limbs are contraproductive in powerlifting.
This is a good effort for Jon. But it is easier from the box then a classic squat.
The point is Jon has all disadvanteges for powerlifting he can have.

I've honestly never seen a squat bar like that before what is the point of that?
This is called a safety squat bar.
For example, I would use it if I have a shoulder or a elbow problem, or if I don't wan't to strain them in a "real squat" position. It's also good for "good morning" exercise.

This is called a safety squat bar.
For example, I would use it if I have a shoulder or a elbow problem, or if I don't wan't to stran them in a "real squat" position. It's also good for "good morning" exercise.
So it's a bar for women?

There is maxing and ego lifting. There is no danger in getting stronger naturally. If i max and my form breaks, my body automatically stops. This is because i try to always train with good form and once i go out of it, i cant go further. There is nothing uglier than catback deadlifts and half squats

Again, your max is mainly a result of higher repetition sets, so maxing itself is not necessary. 4-10 is where the muscle is being built. Maxing is not an efficient way to make gains and the stronger you get, the more dangerous maxing will become. That is because your ligaments and tendons have a max too and they only tell you what that max is when they decide to pop. You can have great form all the way through and still take a trip to snap city.

If you want to max out, I won't stop you. hell, I used to do it too, everyone who lifts has probably done it. It is motivating for weight lifters to find out how much they can lift compared to before. But there will probably be a point where you won't care about your max because you'd rather not risk injury.

Again, your max is mainly a result of higher repetition sets, so maxing itself is not necessary. 4-10 is where the muscle is being built. Maxing is not an efficient way to make gains and the stronger you get, the more dangerous maxing will become. That is because your ligaments and tendons have a max too and they only tell you what that max is when they decide to pop. You can have great form all the way through and still take a trip to snap city.

If you want to max out, I won't stop you. hell, I used to do it too, everyone who lifts has probably done it. It is motivating for weight lifters to find out how much they can lift compared to before. But there will probably be a point where you won't care about your max because you'd rather not risk injury.
Naturals cannot go beyond injuring themselves with a lift(unless horrible form) since we dont get really strong in really short amount of time. Once we are hitting high numbers alot of training has been done on your body to make it stronger. Maybe you just train for volume and that is ok. The thing is you are writing scare stories even though they are not correct. I max atleast once a month. I do not use any equipment/belt etc just hookgrip and i achieved recently 260kg in deadlift.

Naturals cannot go beyond injuring themselves with a lift(unless horrible form) since we dont get really strong in really short amount of time. Once we are hitting high numbers alot of training has been done on your body to make it stronger. Maybe you just train for volume and that is ok. The thing is you are writing scare stories even though they are not correct. I max atleast once a month. I do not use any equipment/belt etc just hookgrip and i achieved recently 260kg in deadlift.

Hey, you do you. keep on maxing brotha.

i don't like jones, but that's not an embarrassing video of him. he even posted it himself. he's an mma fighter and not necessarily a weight lifter.

I’m confused, are you saying that a longer limb requires more force to push a heavy weight? Muscle mass extends throughout the length of your limb, meaning a larger muscle. Relative strength is measured by body weight to lift ratio. Someone who is 100 pounds lifting 200 is the same as a 200 pound dude lifting 400 relative to there mass. Both these men lifted the same weight requiring the same amount of strength, if anything the shorter guys relative strength is greater assuming he weighs less then Jon Jones. That’s my understanding of it at least, can you explain how range of motion can add “more force” required to push the same weight.

Its easier to complete a lift with a shorter range of motion with shorter body/limbs considering all other factors equal. Well known fact in the weight lifting community. Youre not smart.

Shorter guys usually are better with squats bc of their range of motion. Also Jon has insanely long limbs. This doesn't surprise me.

The teammate looks to be 5’10-6’0 maybe. Much shorter ROM.

Its easier to complete a lift with a shorter range of motion with shorter body/limbs considering all other factors equal. Well known fact in the weight lifting community. Youre not smart.
We sorted this out days ago chief, you notice I start my comment with I am confused and end it with can you please explain? He explained it, it makes sense now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back