Jon Jones struggle to lift weight what half size mate life with ease

Retirar el título del hilo y el nombre de usuario de TS

They're gonna wreck their knees doing that.

The box is unneeded. Do a regular squat.
Except the box squat is extensively used in powerlifting and very useful for explosive and speed work, and doing it with a pause on the box actually lessens the load on the knees, since you don't have to force the change in direction of the movement from eccentric to concentric.

Read this, you may learn something:https://rhinopowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Box-Squatting_Louie-Simmons.pdf

Last edited:
Except the box squat is extensively used in powerlifting and very useful for explosive and speed work, and doing it with a pause on the box actually lessens the load on the knees, since you don't have to force the change in direction of the movement from eccentric to concentric.

Read this, you may learn something:https://rhinopowerlifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Box-Squatting_Louie-Simmons.pdf
Yeah because you're sitting on the box. When you stand back up all the weight in on your knees for a second. You can literally see the point where both their knees shake when getting up.

Like I said just do normal squats. It's one natural movement where there weight is equal distributed throughout your quads during the lift. Your knee joints will thank you later.

Yeah because you're sitting on the box. When you stand back up all the weight in on your knees for a second. You can literally see the point where both their knees shake when getting up.

Like I said just do normal squats. It's one natural movement where there weight is equal distributed throughout your quads during the lift. Your knee joints will thank you later.
The load is actually balanced between your hips and knee joints both in the normal squat and the box squat, and the box squat acutally uses more your posterior chain that the normal squat. Do you think the weight magically banishes when there is no box? Also, read the document I linked and do some research, you just don't know what you are talking about. Not trying to measure dick, you are just ignorant about the facts and are just talking bro science.

The load is actually balanced between your hips and knee joints both in the normal squat and the box squat, and the box squat acutally uses more your posterior chain that the normal squat. Do you think the weight magically banishes when there is no box? Also, read the document I linked and do some research, you just don't know what you are talking about. Not trying to measure dick, you are just ignorant about the facts and are just talking bro science.
I went threw 4 years of high school and 4 years of collegiate football training which included multiples months spent in the right room. Box squats not allowed specifically because it ruins knees. You're talking bro science. I'm talking Div 1 football training staff science.

I have no idea about power lifting. I never lifted for the purpose of lifting. I lifted to play football and as a result I got really, really good at squats and cleans.

Maybe it's different. But if you and me were together I could stop the video and show you exactly where the weight shifts to the knees on both Jon and the other guy. The other guys knees shake FFS as the weight is being transferred. Clear as day.

Maybe different schools of thought. But I personally would never squat like that and if you did that at my schools you'd be immediately corrected and the box would taken away.

I just did a little research on the subject. The best info I found was do regular squats regularly and add box squats as acessory lift.
They also talked the how you SHOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES use the same weight you would for a regular squat for a box squat. They said you have to go lighter because of the pausing moment. It's called breaking the ecentric/cecentric chain (I might have spelled that wrong). But they said if you do just the same amount of weight on box that you do regular you WILL BLOW YOUR KNEES OUT. Because you're breaking up the natural movement of the body.

Checks out, thread title and TS username, it does

yoda-gif-17.gif

I just did a little research on the subject. The best info I found was do regular squats regularly and add box squats as acessory lift.
They also talked the how you SHOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES use the same weight you would for a regular squat for a box squat. They said you have to go lighter because of the pausing moment. It's called breaking the ecentric/cecentric chain (I might have spelled that wrong). But they said if you do just the same amount of weight on box that you do regular you WILL BLOW YOUR KNEES OUT. Because you're breaking up the natural movement of the body.
You can't squat the same weight because it's a different movement, not because it's not a natural movement, you just made that up. If I can bench press X lb and I try to close bench press or incline bench press the same weight I can blow my shit too, not because it's unnatural but because they are different movements that doesn't allow to load the same weight. Also, yeah, you can blow your knees the same way you can blow your back or you can blow whatever because you lifted a weight that you are not strong enough to move.

Dude, you just moved from ignorant to retarded.

I went threw 4 years of high school and 4 years of collegiate football training which included multiples months spent in the right room. Box squats not allowed specifically because it ruins knees. You're talking bro science. I'm talking Div 1 football training staff science.

I have no idea about power lifting. I never lifted for the purpose of lifting. I lifted to play football and as a result I got really, really good at squats and cleans.

Maybe it's different. But if you and me were together I could stop the video and show you exactly where the weight shifts to the knees on both Jon and the other guy. The other guys knees shake FFS as the weight is being transferred. Clear as day.

Maybe different schools of thought. But I personally would never squat like that and if you did that at my schools you'd be immediately corrected and the box would taken away.
Just look up Louie Simmons, I think he knows more than you.

You can't squat the same weight because it's a different movement, not because it's not a natural movement, you just made that up. If I can bench press X lb and I try to close bench press or incline bench press the same weight I can blow my shit too, not because it's unnatural but because they are different movements that doesn't allow to load the same weight. Also, yeah, you can blow your knees the same way you can blow your back or you can blow whatever because you lifted a weight that you are not strong enough to move.

Dude, you just moved from ignorant to retarded.
Theres no saving you. Guy. You want to stand by your opinion no matter what.

I already told you the box squat breaks the ecentric/cecentric chain movement. That chain movement is natural. When you break it, which is exactly what the box squat does when you sit and pause, it makes it unnatural. If you don't know what that movement is then I can't explain to you why it's unnatural. I spent like 20 minutes researching because I thought I might me wrong. I ended up further proving my point. Not only about the knees but the insane pressure box squats put on your spine.

This guy explains it when it comes to back pressure.

But you just want to call people who disagree with you retarded. Instead of defending your position take 10 minutes and see if I'm actually right. That's what I did with you. I said I might be wrong. In doing it I found good info.

Jones didn't struggle as much as I did trying to read the title of teh fooking thread title. There'z a fooking edit button to fix your thread title ya know.

Theres no saving you. Guy. You want to stand by your opinion no matter what.

I already told you the box squat breaks the ecentric/cecentric chain movement. That chain movement is natural. When you break it, which is exactly what the box squat does when you sit and pause, it makes it unnatural. If you don't know what that movement is then I can't explain to you why it's unnatural. I spent like 20 minutes researching because I thought I might me wrong. I ended up further proving my point. Not only about the knees but the insane pressure box squats put on your spine.

This guy explains it when it comes to back pressure.

But you just want to call people who disagree with you retarded. Instead of defending your position take 10 minutes and see if I'm actually right. That's what I did with you. I said I might be wrong. In doing it I found good info.

wow you found ONE video that says box squats are bad. I can link you HUNDREDS of videos on the positive use of box squats. Thousands of people doing box squats still waiting to blow their shit according to you. Just because you knew one guy that injured himself trying to box squat the same weight they normaly squat doesn't probe that is a bad exercise, correlation doesn't imply causation.

Let me link another video:

Oh surprise!!! box squats are better for your knees because they are posterior chain dominant. Wow I wonder if someone already told you in another comment

Spoken like someone who has never lifted weights before. Maxing is about checking how strong you've gotten. What is the most you can lift in one rep. We don't max out to build muscle, so it isn't necessary at all. The muscle is built in reps between 4-10, depending on what your goal is.
There is maxing and ego lifting. There is no danger in getting stronger naturally. If i max and my form breaks, my body automatically stops. This is because i try to always train with good form and once i go out of it, i cant go further. There is nothing uglier than catback deadlifts and half squats

Had to read the title 10 times still don’t get it.

I've honestly never seen a squat bar like that before what is the point of that?

Back