Media Jon Jones Return Depends on Francis Ngannou's Knee per Dana White

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

said he met with Francis this past week. I think its most likely UFC is dangling the Jones fight in front of Ngannou to get him to re-sign. Francis was very vocal about wanting to fight Jones as soon as he won the belt, even said he would do it in June.

said he met with Francis this past week. I think its most likely UFC is dangling the Jones fight in front of Ngannou to get him to re-sign. Francis was very vocal about wanting to fight Jones as soon as he won the belt, even said he would do it in June.

You mean Jon Jones' return is not dependent on USADA?

The Jon Jones HW saga rages on...a decade of hilarity.

"Hey Francis, did you see me slide 250K over to that social media influencer? That could be yours if you sign for a 20/20 and a couple Venum coupons."

mOj6Z19.gif

Funny if Bones dare fight Francis. Those genes are no joke. Jones best weight class is LHW. His legs are naturally thin and generally he doesn't look solid as hw. Nganou is a true elite hw.

I would put Nganou as a - 1000 favorite here.

Jones is apsolutely fantastic but Nganou is the prime athlete at HW. Power speed size everything.

I would nominate Jones as best fighter of all times but Nganou shall snap him in half. Jones is not phisically strong enough. Also apsolutely pick Gane to destroy Jones. Now with Stipe he got a better chance but I believe in Stipe however I'm super biased there.

Wasn't the last update the Jones was ready to go and just waiting on Stipe? This shit is a joke.
Update was Jones is ready to go and they're just waiting on Stipe OR Francis

Now it's just waiting on Francis

Probably has nothing to do with the knee. Francis clearly isn't coming back until 2023 if he comes back at all, and Dana said he expects Jon back this year. They're probably trying to reach a conclusion on Francis's contract situation to see whether they promote a Jon/Stipe fight as an interim or undisputed title fight. I think Jon/Stipe is probably a done deal at this point.

i still maintain that i have doubt that jon ever fights again

he might have been serious about HW at 1 point when he saw the belt being traded back and forth between near 40ish year olds... n then that all changed when frankis happened

Yeah, Ngannou better get that contract with the boxing fight locked in, otherwise it will be "whoops, looks like Jones didn't want to do that fight afterall, thanks for signing that new contract Francis".

50% Jones never fights again
30% Comes back to fight Stipe then tests positive for banned substance after losing fight by decision
10% Comes back to fight Ngannou but fight is postponed after Jon gets charged with domestic
5% Jones cuts back to light heavy and fights Izzy
5% After two years of teasing spends another year securing release from UFC and fights a couple of times in entertainment boxing

So that means no Stipe Jones fight then ?

"Jon Jones return and decade long HW move depends on Francis Ngannou" meaning if Francis is healthy and doesn't move to boxing, Jon will NOT return. If Ngannou is injured and out, Jon will fight Stipe for the Interim HW belt. Jon will never fight Francis Ngannou, for me it doesn't get clearer

Back