Jon Jones or Fedor: Who has the better 10 names on their resume?

Naw, Jones hasnt poked anyone in the eye, he extends his hands out to keep the distant,

Jones dismantling 3 former champions in one year triumphs anything Fedor has ever done.

Also Jones don't fight cans, Fedor was a can crusher.

Nah you're retarded.

Read my post again and then try to comprehend why it was an impressive win.
Yeah but this is a thread about his resume. And bringing up a guy he beat, who had under 10 MMA fights in his career, actually works against him. It's impressive that he was able to do that, but it's also very much not impressive that he allowed Mark Hunt to get mount on him.

Fedor pulled off some great stuff and his 10 year run at HW will never be matched I don't think, but he did fight some circus novelty fights along the way, and his overall level of competition is 4th among the Goat candidates.

Lmfao is this a joke question? Jones has the best resume in all mma
GSP%20Jackson.gif

What does it matter with Jones whole career tainted by suspected roid use? The guy is the most arrogant douche of all time, he is a narcissist and incorrigible.

Two diffrent leauges.
Fedor fought in roid friendly Pride hence he was the best doper ever.
Jones fought under strict doping rules hence he is the biggest cheater ever in this sport.

1. Big Nog x2 UD,UD (1 NC in three fights) - #1 HW in the world at the time
  2. Cro Cop UD - #2 HW in the world at the time
  3. Tim Sylvia SUB - 1 year after being UFC HW champ
  4. Andrei Arvloski KO - 3 years after being UFC HW champ
  5. Mark Coleman x2 SUB,SUB - 8 years after being UFC HW champ, 4 years after winning Pride OWGP
  6. Mark Hunt SUB - 8 years before he challenged for the UFC HW interim belt
  7. Kevin Randleman SUB - 5 years after being UFC HW champ
  8. Heath Herring TKO - #1 HW contender at the time
  9. Frank Mir KO - 6 years after challenging for the UFC HW belt
  10. Renata Babalu Sobral UD - 1 year after defeating former UFC HW champ Maurice Smith

Jon Jones
  1. Daniel Cormier x2 UD,KO(NC) - reigning UFC LHW champ
  2. Alexander Gustafsson UD - #1 LHW contender at the time
  3. Shogun Rua TKO - 1 year after being UFC LHW champ
  4. Rashad Evans UD - 4 years after being UFC LHW champ
  5. Rampage Jackson SUB - 4 years after being UFC LHW champ
  6. Lyoto Machida SUB - 2 years after being UFC LHW champ
  7. Glover Teixera UD - #1 LHW contender at the time
  8. Ryan Bader SUB - undefeated prospect at same time as JJ
  9. TRT 205 Belfort SUB - 8 years after being UFC LHW champ
  10. Chael Sonnen TKO - never been a champ, lost to Renato Sobral from Fedor's resume
Just for context...

To be honest I would say both resumes are comparable - yes Fedor's victories over former UFC champs are longer after they were champs, but you have to think about the time involved in finishing up contracts and moving promotions. Plus several of Fedor's wins went (back) to the UFC and ended up in title contention or having a decent run (Arlovski, Nog, Crocop, Hunt, Mir).

Several of Jones' victories were starting to show some serious wear and tear by the time he fought them (Vitor even with TRT, Evans, Rua, Rampage).

I'd say altogether that both men have faced the best in their divisions and orgs at the time, so a lot more even than many would assume - it's easy to forget the ability of some of those Pride era fighters as it was longer ago, but many of them are still around and fairly relevant, this is not to discredit JJ, just to balance the general UFC-favoured bias that goes on (any fighter from another org must be terrible!).

Jones dismantling 3 former champions in one year triumphs anything Fedor has ever done.

Also Jones don't fight cans, Fedor was a can crusher.
disagree. jones almost lost to gus in his prime (thought gus won) and then he beat ex-PRIDE guys or former champs who already had their moment at the top a few years before he got there.

fedor fought cro cop and nog when they were at their peak and he won dominant decisions against both of them. thats better then fighting chael sonnen at lhw, vitor at lhw, old rampage, shogun off a surgery etc.

Fedor beat as many UFC champions than Jones has.

why is that important? the fact that randleman or coleman at one point many years earlier won a ufc belt doesn't change the level of fighter they were when they faced fedor. randleman won a belt that was vacated.

disagree. jones almost lost to gus in his prime (thought gus won) and then he beat ex-PRIDE guys or former champs who already had their moment at the top a few years before he got there.

fedor fought cro cop and nog when they were at their peak and he won dominant decisions against both of them. thats better then fighting chael sonnen at lhw, vitor at lhw, old rampage, shogun off a surgery etc.
why would you compare sonnen win to cro cop? fedor fought worse fighters than sonnen too. dc, shogun are great wins.

Shogun won the LHW title in 2010, lost it to Jones in 2011. mmmkay?
maybe I should have put '1 year after becoming UFC champ', so reigning UFC champ then! my bad.

Right, that's my point. The fact that he's a year into his reign and is reigning is the important part. It sounded like he wasn't champ in your post.

Beating someone 14 years after they were champ is a lot different than beating them while they were champ, or within a few years.

Both amazing, but the era thing always makes such discussion an oddity.

Think I would have to say Jones overall, both have faced a murder's row of competition!

Chael at that point was still a better P4P fighter than Randleman, Herring, Hunt, and Mir when Fedor fought them.

Interesting... Considering Chael would likely lose to every one of those fighters when Fedor fought them...

While walking around at only 10-15 lbs less than a pudgy Fedor.

Fedor by far..

HWs, many of them in their prime.

Nothing more to said.

My GSP or Anderson Silva resume thread went well so I figured I’d try this one out. Let’s keep this clean gentlemen.

Fedor
  1. Big Nog x2 UD,UD (1 NC in three fights)
  2. Cro Cop UD
  3. Tim Sylvia SUB
  4. Andrei Arvloski KO
  5. Mark Coleman x2 SUB,SUB
  6. Mark Hunt SUB
  7. Kevin Randleman SUB
  8. Heath Herring TKO
  9. Frank Mir KO
  10. Renata Babalu Sobral UD

Jon Jones
  1. Daniel Cormier x2 UD,KO(NC)
  2. Alexander Gustafsson UD
  3. Shogun Rua TKO
  4. Rashad Evans UD
  5. Rampage Jackson SUB
  6. Lyoto Machida SUB
  7. Glover Teixera UD
  8. Ryan Bader SUB
  9. TRT 205 Belfort SUB
  10. Chael Sonnen TKO

Some interesting side notes

-Zero common opponents until Fedor vs Sonnen happens this year

-Both have a 10 year period where neither suffered a legitimate loss (Jon’s streak still active)

-Both won their first major title during their 3rd year as a professional.

I thought it would be easier to pick 10 names for Fedor but realized their are so many squash matches littering his W/L record. It became a bit difficult picking names after the top 5. I think Jon Jones has the better top names and overall resume due to him fighting the best available #1 contenders consistently (aside from sonnen). Plus DC is more skilled than anyone Fedor has beaten.

Who do you think has the more impressive resume?
Jones has one win vs cormier. This should also be removed due to ped usage.
So should all his win imo. You cannot compare cheats with non cheats.

Back