Media Jon Jones looks in crazy shape, Miocic and Aspinal might be in huge trouble.

No no, you're mistaken. He didn't quit. He was just suspended those few times. but I can see why you think he might of retired though, between suspensions and barely ever fighting, he's had some downtime in his career.

What other option does Jon have but to retire now? He's going to defend his HW belt against someone else other than Tom again? No. He will bitch out and retire rather than test himself. Jon's not retiring because there isn't money to be made or easy opponents for him to fight. It is because he will have positioned himself on a collision course for Tom and there will be no avoiding that fight now. It would not be the first UFC HW he's avoided like the plague.

Jones had no problem fighting Old Man Cormier. He's super fucking horny to fight Old Man Miocic. Jones unequivocally believes he is the absolute best of all time and acts like a thirsty bitch if any other fighter gets any kind of credit... but he just needs to cheat and hold all the advantages against his opponents to make it a fair fight in his eyes.
He has had some downtime in his career is a huge under statement.

Its gunna be funny around here up until this fight and the aftermath...

I just hope Dana can be smart enough to entice Jones with money to fight Aspinal...

The tears man...the tears would be glorious...

Also for 45 days out he already looks more in shape then 70% of the HW division....maybe 80%..

It is what it is...u can talk all the shit you want about Jones the man... when it comes to fighting...but dudes a professional when it comes to the fight game

Jones tested positive for cocaine 3 weeks before his first fight with DC.

He is FAMOUS for not being professional when it comes to the fight game. Your post is pants on heads backwards.

The reason Jon had controversial decisions with unheralded opponents his last few outings at light heavyweight gives you a good idea where he is career wise. He's fighting a 44 year old retired fighter, coming off a horrific KO loss, that hasn't won a fight in 5 years.

You don't book that fight if you think you are capable of fighting the meaningful guys in the division. Jon can't compete at that level anymore, he could barely do it years back.

doping-steroids.gif
This

Yes, he's really going to hurt Aspinall with those mean twitter comments.

Its gunna be funny around here up until this fight and the aftermath...

I just hope Dana can be smart enough to entice Jones with money to fight Aspinal...

The tears man...the tears would be glorious...

Also for 45 days out he already looks more in shape then 70% of the HW division....maybe 80%..

It is what it is...u can talk all the shit you want about Jones the man... when it comes to fighting...but dudes a professional when it comes to the fight game
Dudes a professional when it comes to the fight game.

lmao.

Literal PED cheat who's 50-50 chance of dropping out of any fight.

This.
Once a cheat, always a cheat.

[/thread]
Waaaaah, mommy he used substances that weren't banned before but are on the list now, waaaaaah
only my heroes who used that stuff before it was banned are allowed to benefit from it
Waaaaaaah it makes you too strong waaaaaaah I don't want my fighters to be strong mommy waaaaah

educate me
how many olympians tom outwrestled
how many great strikers he outstriked
and how many legit bjj blackbelts he strangled

im a noobie
this tom guy might be an animal
please educate us all

any fighter would be scared if its true
Me too. In still trying to find out if jones had done any of that to anyone he didn't have a 8+ inch reach advantage over.

So far the only opponents that fit that bill have been close and questionable decisions and those guys were just mid tier journey men

Jones tested positive for cocaine 3 weeks before his first fight with DC.

He is FAMOUS for not being professional when it comes to the fight game. Your post is pants on heads backwards.

The reason Jon had controversial decisions with unheralded opponents his last few outings at light heavyweight gives you a good idea where he is career wise. He's fighting a 44 year old retired fighter, coming off a horrific KO loss, that hasn't won a fight in 5 years.

You don't book that fight if you think you are capable of fighting the meaningful guys in the division. Jon can't compete at that level anymore, he could barely do it years back.
Stipe isn't 44. He just turned 42 in August. Also, that horrific KO loss was like 4 years ago, I think he's recovered from that by now.

Stipe isn't 44. He just turned 42 in August. Also, that horrific KO loss was like 4 years ago, I think he's recovered from that by now.

Right so Stipe is 42.

In what world do 42 year old guys come back looking better than they did getting KO'd 4 years prior?

Do you think he retired for ~half a decade because he hated making money? This fight is a farce.

Right so Stipe is 42.

In what world do 42 year old guys come back looking better than they did getting KO'd 4 years prior?

Do you think he retired for ~half a decade because he hated making money? This fight is a farce.
Jones is 37 so he's not young either and just had a devastating injury that probably caused more damage than a KO Stipe took 4 years ago. Obviously Dana, Stipe, and Jon don't give a shit who thinks this fight is a farce and all 3 parties have agreed to make money for themselves. That's expected.

You're not a new fan, so you should know by now UFC cares most about making profit than they do meritocracy.

Jones got boxed up by himself

He is a product of talent refusing to work hard. He's partied, done coke, barely trained and still dominated for half his career.

People don't realize this, but we've only actually seen the best version of Jones a few times.

Both DC fights. Rampage.

DC was his greatest rival and opponent. He's also one of the greatest of all time. Jones knew he needed to tap into his potential to beat him. Every tool in his kit, every psychological game. Otherwise, he wouldn't walk out of there. Very few fights actually took him that deep. Actually, none. Only DC.

The issue is that, he never had that level of respect for every opponent. Not even close. There's an extreme variation, depending on who he's fighting, if you want good analysis, Jones fought to the level of his opponents, a different version of him showed up every time.

There was a round table before Jones fought Gane, which included DC, Rashad, Smith, all of whom fought him. They all said Jones wasn't motivated for a lot of his fights, especially near the end.

People who have no clue how to analyze fighters will then take those moments and use them In an mma math kind of way.

Basically, you guys don't know much.

Anyone can beat Jones if he doesn't show up. Nobody can beat him at his best.

If there's anyone who MIGHT have, it's DC, someone who hit him cleanly more then anyone Jones has ever fought, someone who Jon took more seriously than every opponent ever.
Hocus pocus.

Jones has consistent and clear weaknesses and no version of him should be the favorite against a well-rounded heavyweight the size of Aspinall.

If Jones is stupid enough to take the Aspinall fight I dare you to av bet me lol.

ok so volkov who is a gatekeeper for almost a decade already
and arlovski who is literaly an ancient fighter
the man fought in pride bro

thats desperate
arlovski literaly fought way earlier than jds and cain
you still think thats a great win <lmao>
i bet you didnt even know if i hadnt told yah

again tell me
wich great strikers did tom outsriked
wich olympians did tom outwrestled
wich legit bjj blackbelt did tom strangled

convince me that hes a scary man
He's finished everyone hes fought in the ufc with ease, and hasn't been outgrappled OT outstruck. He's a win over Almeida away from cleaning out the division.
Volkov may not be an all time great, but hes far better than a gatekeeper. The guy is a pretty consistent top 5, and the clear number one contender right now.
Pavlovich was the scariest man in the division before Aspinall destroyed him.
It's hardly Aspinalls fault that no one else in the sport is on his level.
Who do you want him to beat to prove that he's elite? There's only Lewis and Almeida left and he's done the division.
Conversely, who has Jones beat to convince you any version of him competes with Aspinall? Cormier very good, but he's 5'9 and similar in size to Kamaru Usman. He isn't comparable to Aspinall in any way.
Jones has always struggled with anyone with good striking, height and the ability to keep the fight on the feet. Aspinall is better in all 3 areas than anyone Jones has ever faced.

Jones is 37 so he's not young either and just had a devastating injury that probably caused more damage than a KO Stipe took 4 years ago. Obviously Dana, Stipe, and Jon don't give a shit who thinks this fight is a farce and all 3 parties have agreed to make money for themselves. That's expected.

You're not a new fan, so you should know by now UFC cares most about making profit than they do meritocracy.

The UFC doesn't run a sport, they run the circus coming to town.

Either way, what we discus here is unrelated to the absurd way Dana runs the show. Jon is fighting a long-retired fighter coming off a horrific KO because he's legitimately afraid of fighting contenders.

He's finished everyone hes fought in the ufc with ease, and hasn't been outgrappled OT outstruck. He's a win over Almeida away from cleaning out the division.
Volkov may not be an all time great, but hes far better than a gatekeeper. The guy is a pretty consistent top 5, and the clear number one contender right now.
Pavlovich was the scariest man in the division before Aspinall destroyed him.
It's hardly Aspinalls fault that no one else in the sport is on his level.
Who do you want him to beat to prove that he's elite? There's only Lewis and Almeida left and he's done the division.
Conversely, who has Jones beat to convince you any version of him competes with Aspinall? Cormier very good, but he's 5'9 and similar in size to Kamaru Usman. He isn't comparable to Aspinall in any way.
Jones has always struggled with anyone with good striking, height and the ability to keep the fight on the feet. Aspinall is better in all 3 areas than anyone Jones has ever faced.
i could literaly give examples of fighters that finished nobodies
like it was nothing (but in the end theyre not scary after all)

aspinal has loses already
im not convinced hes scary lmfao

post the olympic wrestlers he outwrestled
great strikers he outstriked
bjj blackblets he strangled

please dont force someone to believe in your claims
if you cant even post his best feats

i could literaly give examples of fighters that finished nobodies
like it was nothing (but in the end theyre not scary after all)

aspinal has loses already
im not convinced hes scary lmfao

post the olympic wrestlers he outwrestled
great strikers he outstriked
bjj blackblets he strangled

please dont force someone to believe in your claims
if you cant even post his best feats
He lost a fight 10 years ago. Anderson lost to nobodies, GSP had losses, both were pretty much untouchable at their peak.
Who exactly would you like Aspinall to beat to prove those claims?
No one has even competed with Aspinall in any facet of MMA since he was heel hooked 9 years ago when he was 21.
Jones has been completely outclassed by both Reyes and Gustafson, neither of which are in Aspinalls class, and both far smaller.
We have evidence that Jones has weaknesses that Aspinall can exploit. We have no evidence that Aspinall even has a weakness for Jones to look for.

He lost a fight 10 years ago. Anderson lost to nobodies, GSP had losses, both were pretty much untouchable at their peak.
Who exactly would you like Aspinall to beat to prove those claims?
No one has even competed with Aspinall in any facet of MMA since he was heel hooked 9 years ago when he was 21.
Jones has been completely outclassed by both Reyes and Gustafson, neither of which are in Aspinalls class, and both far smaller.
We have evidence that Jones has weaknesses that Aspinall can exploit. We have no evidence that Aspinall even has a weakness for Jones to look for.
bored D level version of jones crippled reyes
also he mauled gustafson
yes thats the worst version of him and he still destroyed them both

in order for me to agree with your claims that hes scary
its easy
post the olympic caliber wrestler he outwrestled
post the greatest strikers he outstriked
post the legit bjj blackbelts he strangled

thats easy right? can you now post it to convince me?

Back