• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jon Jones is a fraud! khabib is the GOAT

ok so i guess beating Johnson is bigger feat than beating Poirier for Khabib?
since johnson knocked poirier's ass out first round...

great logic.
That's not logic at all as we're talking about Khabib's top 5 best wins. Poirier doesn't need to be ahead of Johnson, even though he is, seeing as he is one of Khabib's top 5 wins no matter where you wanna place him in there. Poirier, Conor, Gaethje, and RDA are locks already for Khabib's 5 best wins.

But in the question for who's the 5th among them you gotta pick between Johnson and Barboza. And Johnson beat the shit out of Barboza so it's pretty fucking dumb to pick Barboza when Johnson proved he was better than him and it's not some kinda mystery. Especially dumb to pick Barboza over Johnson when as you so kindly pointed out Johnson also beat Poirier. Johnson also went tooth and nail and nearly KO'd Gaethje many times, another of Khabib's best wins, meanwhile Barboza got effortlessly KO'd by Gaethje.

Johnson > Barboza by a wide and clear margin. There's no argument for saying Barboza's Khabib's 5th best win unless you're just too embarrassed to put Johnson like it should be. Which yeah, is pretty embarrassing.

Thanks for playing though.

Jones never retired in his prime.
Ironically a lot of these mouth-breathers would probably consider him more of a GOAT if he DID retire in his prime.

Imagine if he retired after the Belfort fight for example, after WRECKING some of the all-time greats at LHW back-to-back and without breaking sweat? We still haven't seen a run of wins like the run JBJ had, it was preposterous and he was devastating at his peak.

I think that's the play moving forwards, though.

Defend your belt against all-comers for a GENERATION? Nah bro.
Let me win the belt, defend it once then quit, I'll be GOAT then - right guys???
Lol.

Seems to be how it works these days.

oh wow its this thread again
i really liked the other 503932 iterations of this thread
looking forward to the 503933rd

Khabib has 5 great wins at best and the rest of his list is packed with baristas and children trying to fill up their athletic requirements for PE.

Hell, there is even an arguement that can be enacted for Islam being better than Khabib.
Lol don't go full retard. Islam has 2 top 10 wins, Khabib has 7. That said, Khabib isn't in the overall GOAT discussion, just at lightweight.

Yeah this thread is about as much of a shit storm as I expected

Lol don't go full retard. Islam has 2 top 10 wins, Khabib has 7. That said, Khabib isn't in the overall GOAT discussion, just at lightweight.
I said there is an arguement to be made. I didn't say it would inherently be a strong one. Do Bronx is techinically better than any fighter than Khabib stepped into the octagon with.

Last edited:
Jones never retired in his prime.
More fighters should. I don't think fighting past your prime is necessarily a good quality. I think there should be less shame in hanging the gloves up before you take too much damage.

Both Khabib and Jones wasted massive chunks of their career. Khabib due to injuries. Jones due to poor life choices and suspensions. I wouldn't call either of them the GOAT for a plethora of reasons

I said there is an arguement to be made. I didn't say it would inherently be a strong one. Do Bronx is techinically better than any fighter tha Khabib stepped into the octagon with.
I think that the skill gap in the LW top 5 is very small. On the right night Dustin, Gaethje, Arman, and Charles could get a win over their peers and on another, drop a loss.

Jones IS A Fucking Cheat.... all his dick riders need to go blow him and get it over with...
Oh.... He'll let you.... but expect to get smacked around first cause that's what kind of "Man" he is...
call it foreplay if you want... but you're getting beat to fuck while he waits for his pills to kick in...

Khabib may be p4p the best ever but we will never know because he quit early and was too smart(terrified) to attempt WW. Usman, GSP, and more beat him at WW

Fedor is the GOAT. Jones is a drug cheat, and Khabib is fighting in the extremely handicapped weight divisions.

I think that the skill gap in the LW top 5 is very small. On the right night Dustin, Gaethje, Arman, and Charles could get a win over their peers and on another, drop a loss.
It was not long ago that Do Bronx was piecing up Dustin, Justin, and Chandler back2back. I'd say the gap between Armaan and Charles is middling between those guys that you named and Islam.

They were all much smaller then him and he had a steroid advantage
Yeah because size advantage really helped DC toss around all those big 6'4 heavy weights and Glozer is only 2 inches smaller than Jon. The mental gymnastic at play here is ridiculous.

It was not long ago that Do Bronx was piecing up Dustin, Justin, and Chandler back2back. I'd say the gap between Armaan and Charles is middling between those guys that you named and Islam.
The fight with Dustin was close. Porier had significantly success in that fight. Gaethje fight was short but he was doing well before getting rocked. Chandler is trash.

I think Justin and Dustin are more inconsistent than the others.

If Jon was Khabib “he was a massive weight bully”, “twice the size of his opponents” he beat ear injured RDA who did zero grappling that camp, he ducked prime Cowboy and Tony, he beat 2 FW’s in Conor and Dustin and a CTE riddled retard in Gaethje”. “He lost to Tibau”. “He got gifted making weight” “his opponents alert mostly old and washed up, 2 year inactive Conor”. “He was already losing rounds officially way before dominate Jon was”.

This thread should be stickied for what being emotional and devoid of critical thinking / nuance looks like. Some terrible logic and takes ITT. If you hate Jon stop saying dumb shit to gaslight yourself and confirm your own biases. That’s what low IQ morons do. Just ignore his existence and then you’ll see Khabib still isn’t close to being GOAT with Jon out of the equation and your mental health better off for it.

Back