Jon Jones = GOAT

YaoNYC

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think its time to put Jon Jones with Fedor for the GOAT position.

love him or hate him....gotta respect his position now!

images

I agree. It's between Jones, GSP and Fedor.

And Jones takes it by not having lost.

You left silva out.

I like it.

Yeah, I did. Maybe I shouldn't have, its not that I can't see why people would consider him GOAT, but honestly I feel that he's not quite there. If I were to name four guys, he would be one of them. But top 3? No.

Why? Well, he's got a couple of losses prior to coming to the UFC, and obviously the Weidman losses. That combined with the (relatively) weak competition, well...he's not top 3 in my book.

Yeah, I did. Maybe I shouldn't have, its not that I can't see why people would consider him GOAT, but honestly I feel that he's not quite there. If I were to name four guys, he would be one of them. But top 3? No.

Why? Well, he's got a couple of losses prior to coming to the UFC, and obviously the Weidman losses. That combined with the (relatively) weak competition, well...he's not top 3 in my book.

I feel the same way. I don't know how people can think his run was better than GSP or jones for that matter.

Goat MW though, and maybe the most entertaining fighter.

He's up there on resume, but I refuse to accept he has any real skills. It's a joke and an embarrassment that nobody can beat his ass and that he's the best that this sport has to offer.

Anderson Silva would smoke Jones and embarrass him....that is just a fact.

Silva has far better striking, a much better Jiu Jitsu game, literally better skills everywhere apart from takedowns, but I bet Jones would still beat his ass somehow. This sport is fucked.

At the very least, he nudges Anderson out of contention, imo. For a long time it was Fedor, GSP, Anderson. With beating a former HW champ, Bones made a huge stride.

You are insane.

LHW GOAT, yeah but Gus almost beat him, don't forget what Gus did to him.

Silva has far better striking, a much better Jiu Jitsu game, literally better skills everywhere apart from takedowns, but I bet Jones would still beat his ass somehow. This sport is fucked.

Much better Jiu Jitsu game? Well, Jones has more submission wins than Silva, and he - unlike Silva - hasn't lost by submission.

Advantage Jones.

Obviously its not that easy, but saying that Silva has "much better JJ" is definitely not true.

He's made the discussion among 4 fighters now for sure. If he beats Gus and Rumble he'll be #1 in my book I think.

LHW GOAT, yeah but Gus almost beat him, don't forget what Gus did to him.

I don't think anyone is forgetting what Gus did to him. But almost losing is still better than actually losing. Which every single fighter in contention of GOAT has.

Back