• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jon Jones feels he’s fought several better strikers than Ciryl Gane

Maybe the old washed up guys he was facing. Jones was young and on all the best steroids
Lmao!!

Yeah you probably right.

Gane is going to destroy Jones like the others were " supposed to".

Gane will be washed up too, if he loses....

Oh and the pictograms !

"This is definitely not a kickboxing match."

That's the more important statement.

Jon has the right game plan and he's going to wrestle F Gane back to his pastries and tea.

The height and reach and size of gane make him more of a threat than Lyoto even if Lyoto is better than gane (not sure I agree). Gus almost beat him the first time but has no power and gane seems better for 5 round cardio striking than gus. Santos arguably beat Jones and he had 1 knee.

I'm glad that he's comparing Gane to a pair of middleweights. Did well against Machida, not that well against Santos. The Santos fight is probably more reflective of where Jon Jones is at in his career right now than the Machida fight, which occurred 12 years ago.

Let's see how he does against a guy who moves just as well, but weighs 250 pounds (and ripped) and hits like a HW.

This won't be pretty.

29 year old Cro Cop was KO'd by Kevin Randleman, who was an NCAA Division I runner-up at 167 lbs.

I maintain that Randleman was easily the most naturally small man to hold the UFC HW title, followed by Cormier, excluding tournament winners and TUF winners.

so you really believe cro cop is a better striker? wow, okay.

He's definitely fought strikers who were more skilled, but that doesn't really matter. He was had some pretty big physical advantages over them, which he made use of, because why wouldn't he?

Gus and Reyes are big guys close to Jon's size, and Jon couldn't do shit to Reyes for 3 rounds on the feet and Gus almost beat him as well.

Machida has way more skill than both of those guys. He just didn't have the size and reach. P4P, prime Machida would have destroyed Gane, Gus, and Reyes without issue.

Gane doesn't have Machida's skill level either, but not only does he have the size that Gus and Reyes had, he has a fuck ton more of it. On top of it all, he has enough skill on the feet to give Jon trouble anyway. He's a better striker than Reyes.

Reyes, Machida, Gus (first fight), Glover, Santos all are not worse than Gane. Its so strange people call Gane superstriker than in reality he wasnt tested with good strikers aside of injured Ngannou and Volkov.
He is not proven yet - like Reyes at the time he fought Jones.

Back