Jon Jones Destroys a "Prime" Fedor

So how soon into the fight does Jones stab Fedor's eye with his finger?

I like Fedor too, but some of you guys are living in the past still.

You are crapping on me for speculation. Jones was tested for PED use his whole UFC career. Not speculation it is fact. Also fact Fedor in Pride was NOT TESTED. Sorry buddy.
Lol jones last year admitted he was on drugs his entire career! go read his April 2016 interviews. Who to believe hmm the man who himself admits to being on drugs of both performance enhancement and recreation variety his whole career or a guy on sherdog?

Outgrappled the Olympic medalist, pretty embarrassing for Daniel IMO

Gets caught in submissions by everyone he faces.

Unlike most of the guys Jones faces, Fedor isn't worried about someone's mystique, he also can be in horrible positions and never gets flustered. As great as his skills are, his real secret weapon is being able to not get worried and caught (which truthfully was how he lost to BigFoot, he stayed calm and wasn't worried about being KO'd, not figuring the ref would stop it just because he was getting hit with extremely weak punches. Difference is Jones will weigh the same, or a little less than Fedor, while Big Foot was 50+ pounds heavier than come fight night.)

My favorite argument against Fedor is when people say Fedor never fought the tough competition in the UFC. This was the top dog in the UFC during part of Fedor's reign.

That was when the UFC HW division was at it's all time weakest. There were a lot of fights for Fedor from guys that would have crushed Sylvia. Especially after the UFC bought Strikeforce.

Cain
JDS
Randy Couture
Brock Lesnar
Shane Carwin
Frank Mir
Josh Barnett

Among others all would have been good fights for him.

You are crapping on me for speculation. Jones was tested for PED use his whole UFC career. Not speculation it is fact. Also fact Fedor in Pride was NOT TESTED. Sorry buddy.
Are you still arguing in here lol

Retard or troll, one or the other.

not figuring the ref would stop it just because he was getting hit with extremely weak punches

{<huh}

The Doctor stopped it in between rounds because those extreamly weak punches left Fedor with an eye that was swelled shut.
c1b1726e6fe7d710ea0cfe66710bb5a0.jpg

Fedor would eat elbows from mount. Arona was a smaller guy and easily held mount on Fedor and only lost it because the ref retardedly stood them up while Arona was setting up a submission. Also, gameplanning has evolved in MMA. Fedor would be figured out. Only Fedor nuthuggers can't accept it.

Jon Jones has already soundly destroyed Daniel Cormier in both the striking and grappling departments. Fedor, a largely similar fighter, would have the same struggles and would be picked apart on the feet like a rookie. Atleast DC landed ONE takedown..

Whilst Cormier is jokingly called "black fedor" I do think there are key differences.

Standing Fedor's reach is a little longer but I think more importantly he's MUCH quicker in hand/foot speed. Cormier needs to get very close in order to threaten offencively which obviously plays into Jones game of keeping opponents at range whilst Fedor generally worked more from mid distance exploding in with 1-2 punches. That means that Jones at mid/long range is not in a "safe zone" as he was vs Cormier and Glover and is potentially exposed to fight ending strikes with questionable boxing defence(excellent chin but he'd never faced Fedor level power IMHO and again has used reach to avoid taking opponents best punches).

Grappling wise Cormier is I think a somewhat better pure wrestler than Fedor yet perhaps a less dymanic one in terms of catching opponents off guard linking hi striking into his wrestling much more. He's also I think clearly nothing like the submission threat Fedor is, especially in terms of armbars that Jones is naturally vulnerable to. Really Jones isn't exactly well tested against submissions either, I wouldn't say he's faced a single opponent considered to be a big threat there.

Its a bit rich for someone who has never even fought at HW to be claimed to be better than the best HW the sport has seen. Even his fight vs Cormier was basically desided on cardio against a man in his late 30's he forced to cut large amounts of weight.

"Prime" Fedor is a myth, proven by when he failed against United States competition at the tender age of 32. Most athletes "primes" are only ending by then, but apparently he had already fell off the cliff, LOL
Fighters age differently. Randy Couture was able to fight into his 40s. Shogun looks like he's 80 and he's only 35. It depends on the damage they take, how durable their body is, and a number of other things. Everyone intuitively knows this because we see fighters she differently before our eyes all the time. That's why everyone who reads your post, and doesn't have some anti-Fedor agenda to push, knows you're full of shit.

Fedor would eat elbows from mount. Arona was a smaller guy and easily held mount on Fedor and only lost it because the ref retardedly stood them up while Arona was setting up a submission. Also, gameplanning has evolved in MMA. Fedor would be figured out. Only Fedor nuthuggers can't accept it.

This fight happened literally months after Fedor's debut under very different rules plus of course Arona is one of if not the best positional grapplers in MMA ever.

At that stage I think you can clearly see more of a pure Judo/Sambo style to Fedor basically fighting for short spells not considering how grappling situations will evolve without breaks. Within a year though vs Babalu I think you can see the transition has been made with much more value placed on position.

This fight happened literally months after Fedor's debut under very different rules plus of course Arona is one of if not the best positional grapplers in MMA ever.

At that stage I think you can clearly see more of a pure Judo/Sambo style to Fedor basically fighting for short spells not considering how grappling situations will evolve without breaks. Within a year though vs Babalu I think you can see the transition has been made with much more value placed on position.

It was months after Arona's debut too. Doesn't change the fact that Jon is larger and stronger than Arona. Doesn't change the fact that fighters employ better strategies in MMA today.

"Prime" Fedor is a myth, proven by when he failed against United States competition at the tender age of 32. Most athletes "primes" are only ending by then, but apparently he had already fell off the cliff, LOL

Well to start with Fedor was not 32 when he lost he was 33 and indeed weeks from being 34. Then of course "United States competition" that he lost to was Werdum the Brazilian(who had trained mostly in Europe and Brazil at that point) who was fighting in Pride during his era and losing to guys like Nog and Arlovski that Fedor beat.

Really that's not at all an uncommon age for physical decline to have set in, especially for someone who has been active at a high level of sport since his early 20's and was indeed fighting multiple times a year. Lets look at some of MMA's more "well preserved" fighters as well....

Randy = TRT
Overeem= Busted for Steroids
Hendo = TRT
Anderson= Busted for Steroids
Vitor = TRT and Busted for Steroids

That's of course also ignoring the issue of motivation which I think was a significant factor in Fedors decline along with the physical side.

Jon Jones has already soundly destroyed Daniel Cormier in both the striking and grappling departments. Fedor, a largely similar fighter, would have the same struggles and would be picked apart on the feet like a rookie. Atleast DC landed ONE takedown..

I'm trying to come up with scenarios where Fedor woukd win. Ko? Jones has never been rocked with strikes and his reach, distance game and chin would make a ko highly unlikely.
Grappling,gnp, subs? Jones is a great wrestler and has been in there with some of the best grapplers in the game. He's not getting taken down by Fedor. I don't see either fighter attempting to take the other down.

Decision? This is the most likely way Fedor wins but in a fight that would be mostly standing, it's hard for me to imagine a shorter and not very technical Fedor outpointing Jones in the striking department.

Fight would be Jones battering Fedor with oblique kicks, awkward, unpredictable strikes and frustrating him with his reach and fight IQ/game plan.

Lol jones last year admitted he was on drugs his entire career! go read his April 2016 interviews. Who to believe hmm the man who himself admits to being on drugs of both performance enhancement and recreation variety his whole career or a guy on sherdog?

Post the article where Jones admitted to be on peds his whole career. I'll be waiting....

Back