Jon Jones Choosing To Wait For Stipe vs. Francis Winner Instead Of An Instant Title Shot

• Thread starter Deleted member 510653
  • Start date
The schedule Stipe has been on lately this fight should be early 2022 if he beats Francis

I don't care who fights. Someone fight for the HW title! I swear there's a defense once a year now.

Then you swear falsely. The only reason there was a year or so between the last two defenses was that Dana wasn't about to let DC's last fight be for a mere interim. Other than that there have been title defenses every 4 to 8 months since Stipe first won the belt. You want to go back to the days of Cain who needed more than a year before his first defense, or Werdum who took 11 months?

So you're praising him for waiting to be handed a title shot for his first foray into a new division, rather than getting one now. I...guess that's better, but it still is for all intents and purposes an instant title shot.

I do think he's been wise in spending time gearing up for the new weight class, but the trouble is you can't tell for sure what differences it'll make to your game until you're well and truly in a fight. Being locked in a cage with either Stipe or Ngannou is a hell of time to find out.
Handed? Retarded if serious

Jon is never going to fight at HW, suckers.

He's hoping Izzy wins the belt and then will challenge him.

The good part is when Izzy finally knocks him the fuck out.

After all, he is everything Jon wished he could have been.

Handed? Retarded if serious

I meant no insinuation that it was unwarranted or not. Merely that a title shot isn't his to take — like the thread title seems to suggest. Goat or no the chance has to be given to him by the discretion of the UFC brass.

I don't care who fights. Someone fight for the HW title! I swear there's a defense once a year now.
One of them just need to get rid of Stipe and retire him back to fire station then HW will be great again.

Ngannou and Jones wouldn't turn down fights with other pissed HW'ers who have spoke against Stipe for ruining the division.

Last edited:
After all, he is everything Jon wished he could have been.
<JonesLaugh>
come on man, this is so funny... imagine you are in the GOAT discussion since years, beated up many legends, are yourself a legend of the sport, some call you the best to ever do it.
...but you wished too be a bisexual anime loving MW with a weird tity... come on man.
Even if Adesanya wins the LHW belt... Jones never wanted to go down a WC... if someone is what Jones wanted to be, then is Cormier the one, who has won both the LHW and HW title.

Those that choose to wait are those that lose. That's one thing I've learned being a long time hardcore MMA fan.

Trying to time up the perfect moment is a sign of weakness, because you think you need that perfect moment (or you really do need it); and that is weakness.

Reactions: MCS
Man I just can’t wait to see jones fight at HW. Vs anybody.
Maybe it's pessimist in me, but for some reason I don't see him fighting at HW at all.
Not sure why, it's not that like I wouldn't want to see him fight there (and get KOed, I'll admit :D)

Those that choose to wait are those that lose. That's one thing I've learned being a long time hardcore MMA fan.

Trying to time up the perfect moment is a sign of weakness, because you think you need that perfect moment (or you really do need it); and that is weakness.

Choosing not to wait is also choosing to lose sometimes. See Tony Ferguson, for example.

GSP waited for the right moment to go to MW. Worked out for him nicely.

Instant title shots when moving up/down should not be a thing.

Atleast a #1 contender fight would make sense. Double champ honestly doesn't feel special anymore.

Good choice

Everyone wants to see Stipe vs Francis

And Jones needs to work on that cardio, that amount of muscle can't be gained without losing cardio

I understand what you are saying, but this guy is training hard to add muscle mass going from LHW to HW.

Time needed to prepare is more than justified in this case

I understand what you are saying, but this guy is training hard to add muscle mass going from LHW to HW.

Time needed to prepare is more than justified in this case
It sucks he has 2 prior steroid convictions and has to go all natty to not face a career ending ban. It'd be awesome to see him uber up.

On the other hand we're seeing a GOAT 205 lber do the unbelievable actually natty holy shit. That's interesting in its own story.

It sucks he has 2 prior steroid convictions and has to go all natty to not face a career ending ban. It'd be awesome to see him uber up.

On the other hand we're seeing a GOAT 205 lber do the unbelievable actually natty holy shit. That's interesting in its own story.

Screen-Shot-2017-09-15-at-8.32.54-PM-1200x900.png

I thought it was smart. I think he knows Stipe is getting up there and he's got WAY more tools than Ngannou skill-wise so to sit back and wait and act like you're the money fight, the reward is the correct to do. Do you think Jon should get a tune up fight vs. say Blaydes or is he doing the right thing by having a team monitor his progress and make sure he's 110% come title shot? I actually think he's doing it right and making sure he's adapting to hw the right way instead of jumping in there right off the bat.

Who said he's got the choice? If he actually planned all along to wait for after a fight that hasn't even been made official yet, then he could have had another LHW fight while waiting. According to his fans, he doesn't cut a lot of weight, so staying at LHW while bulking-up to HW should be possible, no? Jones isn't smart and has constantly showed poor decision making.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back