Forget Stipe, is Jones vs Poatan the best fight the UFC can make right now?

Who do you want to see Bones fight next?

• Total voters
This. If he wins and wants another fight then I'd be game for Pereira.
While I'd like to see Aspinall and Jones go at it, would it be a bigger draw than a fight against the LHW champ?

I'd agree but he included Tom so your post doesn't make sense. Everyone hates Jones they are going to pick Tom because that's the most realistic option of him losing.
So naive.

He included Tom to make it seem like he's willing to fight him. There's a reason he quoted the Pereira post.

He'd wrestle fuck Pereira and he will not fight Aspinall. He's too "Mayweathery" to actually take big risks.

While I'd like to see Aspinall and Jones go at it, would it be a bigger draw than a fight against the LHW champ?
I doubt it, I don't think Aspinall is a big enough name, it's just the fight that interests me more at the moment. That said, seeing Pereira take a shot at being triple champ would be wild and pretty marketable even with Jones only having one fight at HW. Timing plays into it too, I think Jones will be out for awhile longer so meow that I think about it it might make more since to have Pereira fight for an interim title at HW then Jones fights the winner of that.

He will fight his wife or blast some nose beers next.
Jon’s latest accusation was absolute BS. And it seems as if he’s not going to waste people’s time with a fight against Stipe. For Jon this is the equivalent of being on a roll. Because Dana’s too smart to give Jon much more free time, so in a way, Jon’s in a good space right now …

I doubt it, I don't think Aspinall is a big enough name, it's just the fight that interests me more at the moment. That said, seeing Pereira take a shot at being triple champ would be wild and pretty marketable even with Jones only having one fight at HW. Timing plays into it too, I think Jones will be out for awhile longer so meow that I think about it it might make more since to have Pereira fight for an interim title at HW then Jones fights the winner of that.
I agree 100%

That said, it looks like we're in "JBJ taking the biggest money for the least risk to finish out his career on top era..." or however you wanna word it.

What a joke. This dude needs to be stripped now. I don't remember MMA legend Shogun Rua playing these stupid games when Jon was a young contender. He just fought the next man up with no complaints and no excuses. Jon obviously can't bring himself to do that, he needs to go.

Last edited:
If people want to see Alex tested against a wrestler this is it. I would love to see Alex challenge for the real HW title and true greatness. A KO of Jones would have Sherdog shut down for a week.

Yeah, he knows how to juice.

Aspinall would either break Jones arm or knock him out. Jones doesn't want that smoke.

Prime Jones would have had Aspinall covered, Jon is over the hill these days though you'd assume

I don't know how to break this to you, but... Jones might be capable of deception.
So his plan here is to give people options and when they pick the one he doesn’t want he further solidifies that he’s scared of Tom? I mean I guess that’s possible. Find it hard to believe but Jon does do dumb shit.

So his plan here is to give people options and when they pick the one he doesn’t want he further solidifies that he’s scared of Tom? I mean I guess that’s possible. Find it hard to believe but Jon does do dumb shit.
Dana White: The fan support for this fight was overwhelming! I've never seen them so excited for a fight before!

Jon: I'm kind of a hero for leaving it up to democracy.

As a casual I voted for Jones vs Pereira but Jones vs Aspinall makes more sense.

IPereira has a much better chance of defending the takedown at light heavyweight. Make Jones go through a hard weight cut after putting on a bunch of muscle. At heavyweight Jones is a bigger problem. He looked like a monster against Gane.

This fight most likely happens. Alex is the type of guy to get revenge for Glover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back