• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jon Jones arrested for DWI and Firearm Charges

What will the UFC do?

• Total voters
Oh lord, today is my first day back since the migration and this is what I comeback too. Fuckin guy man! dumbshit!

giphy.webp

Was the car running? If it wasn’t, the lawyer could have fun with that.

See, I can only speak from a Canadian perspective. In Canada, even if the car wasn't running he'd still be charged. Our laws perhaps are more strict? We even ahd someone charged because they were passed out in the back seat on the side of the road but had their keys on them and were the only occupant. They still were legally in charge of the opperation of that vehicle due tot hem having the keys on them.

Had a buddy blow .09 (the limit is .08 here) and he tried to fight it due to there possibly being a .01 difference and he could have theoretically blown .08, but they were like nope, lost licence for a year and some huge fine.

Admin note: Hi everyone, welcome back the forums. We migrated our servers, so we had some expected downtime. We're glad to be back, and in time for the insane news that broke this morning. We know you're dying to talk about it:

Edit: The migration is taking longer than we expected, but we are still working on it. Trust me, we're chomping at the bit to get this show on the road too.

On Thursday morning, KOAT 7 News in Albuquerque, New Mexico, reported that Jon Jones has been arrested and charged with multiple offenses. Those charges include an aggravated DWI, the negligent use of a firearm, possession of an open container of alcohol in his vehicle and operating a vehicle without insurance.

According to arresting officer Brian Johnson, gunshots were heard after 1 a.m. on Thursday in Albuquerque, and officers responded to the scene. They found Jones in his vehicle, where Jones claimed he was unaware of shots fired. Upon questioning, Jones admitted he had been driving, while officers took note of his potential intoxication. He was given a sobriety test, which led to a Breathalyzer where he blew over two times above the legal limit.

When searching his vehicle, the police found a handgun under the driver’s seat, as well as a partially-empty bottle of Recuerdo -- the tequila brand launched by fellow UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal -- behind the passenger seat. Jones was subsequently charged with aggravated DWI, the negligent use of a firearm, possession of an open container at that time. When checking his information, the police also discovered he was driving an uninsured vehicle, or at least one that did not have its papers in the confines of the vehicle.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/U...ggravated-DWI-Negligent-Use-of-Firearm-172003

So, what do you think? Will this blow over, or is the UFC actually going to do something now? Either way, please use this thread for all things Jones and his driving and gunning.

Cut him...how many times is this guy gunna win a UFC title only to have it taken away then get it back..then have it taken away...the guy is not professional and doesnt learn from his mistakes...

Life has consequences ..cheaters and law breakers shouldnt prosper IMO

This is actually great news for the UFC's bottom line. It will make his next card sell that much more. I'm totally serious too. He'll get 6 months probation at most, and be fighting again within 4 months. No press is bad press for Reverend Jon Jones.

See, I can only speak from a Canadian perspective. In Canada, even if the car wasn't running he'd still be charged. Our laws perhaps are more strict? We even ahd someone charged because they were passed out in the back seat on the side of the road but had their keys on them and were the only occupant. They still were legally in charge of the opperation of that vehicle due tot hem having the keys on them.

Had a buddy blow .09 (the limit is .08 here) and he tried to fight it due to there possibly being a .01 difference and he could have theoretically blown .08, but they were like nope, lost licence for a year and some huge fine.

imo dwi laws in the good ol USA are a joke

the first offense should be much harsher of a penalty.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jones went to jail for a few hours and was released still drunk and either drove himself home or would have had access to a car once he got home and theoretically could have still driven another car drunk.

Yes they are generally more strict in Canada.

But in my state it’s the same; the car doesn’t need to be running.

But it doesn’t matter. His car was running. They mention it in the police report.

Every state is different. Some laws are more clear about ‘being in physical control’ of vehicle and some are less clear, leaving more room to interpretation. I think keys in the ignition is generally where the line is drawn to be safe, but you could get charged in some states for less.

He needs to take the Mike Tyson approach. Just have a personal driver from now on. Get as plastered as he wants.....no worries if he’s not driving.

He'll officially become the only person that has been officially stripped of the title four times. I am a Jones fan, especially because of his meow-mate Mufasa, but he hates the law. :(

He needs to take the Mike Tyson approach. Just have a personal driver from now on. Get as plastered as he wants.....no worries if he’s not driving.
I don't think the self-destructive urge works that way though.

He wasn't just drunk driving. He parked up in a lot and let shots out the window to make sure cops were called. He's in meltdown mode. He needs that self-destruction.

A driver doesn't help him achieve that goal.

He needs better therapy.

I also wonder if being locked at home just drove the wild man off the edge to where he had to go get drunk, buss guns, and wait for the law to show up to satisfy that itch to destroy his life.

Come on, JJ... I don't like you as a fighter or even a character for that matter but you gotta get your shit together, man. Stop trashing on your career like that. Drop whatever the fuck you're doing that you think it's good for you right now and it should probably fix this kind of mess you find yourself in.

The guy is pretty much the world's slowest train wreck. We all know how this is going to end, but it's the in-between that's just so painful to watch!

Here is when you know Jon got his sht together. After he gets done trying to set the world record for longest engagement and finally stops fornicating. He is a wanna-be religious man...

Back