Rumored Jon Jones Announces Next Fight Date - November 9th - Madison Square Garden

Lol this will be like nearly 2 years since he fought gane. Dana better pray no one gets injured.

Aspinall about to be the longest reigning/defending interim champ.
Don't worry, Blaydes is going to knock Tom's head off and then Sherdoggers will be in shambles. LOL just to not sound like a dick rider I've rooted for Curtis in every fight he's had like the last 6 years. It's been up and down.

Lol 1 year after the original got cancelled.

18 months after he won the belt. Same amount of time Conor held the LW belt, although Tony didn't have to defend the interim

Don't worry, Blaydes is going to knock Tom's head off and then Sherdoggers will be in shambles. LOL just to not sound like a dick rider I've rooted for Curtis in every fight he's had like the last 6 years. It's been up and down.
Blaydes has the tools to beat Aspinall but it's his fight IQ that has me worried for him. At times he can be very smart like with how he beat Almeida, then other times he's shooting for a TD on Lewis with no set up and getting caught instead of just keeping it standing where he's winning the fight already. Or he's continuing to try and have a fire fight with Sergei who hits harder and has faster hands instead of realizing that he's going to get KO'ed if he doesnt shoot.

Blaydes has the tools to beat Aspinall but it's his fight IQ that has me worried for him. At times he can be very smart like with how he beat Almeida, then other times he's shooting for a TD on Lewis with no set up and getting caught instead of just keeping it standing where he's winning the fight already. Or he's continuing to try and have a fire fight with Sergei who hits harder and has faster hands instead of realizing that he's going to get KO'ed if he doesnt shoot.
He's been working a lot more on his standup since the Lewis fight. I think he realizes what he did was dumb. In this fight with Tom I don't think he's going to try to wrestle him. It's going to be a striking battle unless Tom shoots. The Almeida fight has me worried most because it kind of exposed his defensive wrestling so Tom might try to gameplan around that. If it's standing though it's HW and Blaydes can knock him out. Sergei and Tom have different attributes. I'm not saying Tom doesn't hit hard but Sergei might hit harder and he has a huge reach.

It's so hilarious because the only reason they are riding Tom so hard is because they hate Jon so much and they think Tom will beat him. They been waiting to bust that one out for years and it hasn't happened.
That would be the case if Tom wasn’t #1 or the interim champ. He’s both. If anything it is that Jones fans will find whatever excuses to justify this BS fight.

He's been working a lot more on his standup since the Lewis fight. I think he realizes what he did was dumb. In this fight with Tom I don't think he's going to try to wrestle him. It's going to be a striking battle unless Tom shoots. The Almeida fight has me worried most because it kind of exposed his defensive wrestling so Tom might try to gameplan around that. If it's standing though it's HW and Blaydes can knock him out. Sergei and Tom have different attributes. I'm not saying Tom doesn't hit hard but Sergei might hit harder and he has a huge reach.
Curtis will have longer reach than Tom so if he can use that to his advantage, maybe sit on the outside using his kicks, trying to make Tom come to him and catching him on the entry, similar to what he did in their first fight, he should have a pretty fair shot at winning the stand up.

Tom is fighting Blaydes - why are you guys crying :rolleyes: After that if Jon tries to duck Tom who will smoke Curtis; you'll have wind in your sails, until then. SHUT THE %¤&% up. You seem like whiny babies at this point.

Because it's the wrong fight to make lol.

Making the Leon / Belal fight 2 years later doesn't retroactively make Colby / Leon a well-deserved title shot.

Wtf are we talking about?

It's so hilarious because the only reason they are riding Tom so hard is because they hate Jon so much and they think Tom will beat him. They been waiting to bust that one out for years and it hasn't happened.

I don't really hate Jon, but YES! The whole point of matchmaking is booking guys that present a credible challenge. OF COURSE we are going to want to see someone who has the best possibility of beating him.

Jon is the greatest, most skilled, highest fight IQ etc of all time. Putting him in with another guy who is relying on skill/technique over physicality at this age is not the challenge we want to see.

THE WHOLE POINT of moving up to HW was that he would have to fight guys who presented PHYSICAL challenges to him since no one was going to outclass him technically or skill for skill.

Aspinall is a tougher physical matchup at this point, given age and lack of ring rust compared to Stipe.

Oh yeah, and he's the fucking champion lol

But to be fair to Dana, I guess having Stipe fight for the interim while Jones was healing would have been "disrespectful" to him lololol.

Aspinall is the man who should be facing him. Miocic has been inactive for too long and for this reason alone, does not deserve a title shot.
If he can make fight fans wait, then the UFC have to make him wait for a title shot.

Can't even tell if it's ufc anymore or a acting set because Mark Walhberg calls the shots here, Dana is just a front man
, u think Walhberg cares about Jones V Aspinall or money, the belt is fake

It's VS Stipe. Got to milk all the money they can for the bored Hollywood actors who invested in 2016. Jeff Besos plays around in space - the actors have to get theirs too from the UFC! That's why they're on camera looking cool.

If it was Pride it would happen every summer not when the sponsorships and actors tell you

You're living proof that the lobotomized can still live full, productive lives. What an inspiration.

Because it's the wrong fight to make lol.

Making the Leon / Belal fight 2 years later doesn't retroactively make Colby / Leon a well-deserved title shot.

Wtf are we talking about?

I don't really hate Jon, but YES! The whole point of matchmaking is booking guys that present a credible challenge. OF COURSE we are going to want to see someone who has the best possibility of beating him.

Jon is the greatest, most skilled, highest fight IQ etc of all time. Putting him in with another guy who is relying on skill/technique over physicality at this age is not the challenge we want to see.

THE WHOLE POINT of moving up to HW was that he would have to fight guys who presented PHYSICAL challenges to him since no one was going to outclass him technically or skill for skill.

Aspinall is a tougher physical matchup at this point, given age and lack of ring rust compared to Stipe.

Oh yeah, and he's the fucking champion lol

But to be fair to Dana, I guess having Stipe fight for the interim while Jones was healing would have been "disrespectful" to him lololol.
Omg this stuff makes me laugh so hard. If it wasn't Jon who held the belt and you didn't think Tom would beat him you wouldn't give 2 flying fucks about all this. Now people are trying to act super noble about merit when you know how the UFC operates. All this is based on hatred of Jon. All these comments about people all of a sudden giving this many fucks is so obvious. Just my opinion but it's entertaining. Keep it coming.

I genuinely won't watch Jones vs Stipe.

I'll watch the highlights if there's a finish. If it's a points decision, I'll check the round scores and maybe watch the highlights.

Omg this stuff makes me laugh so hard. If it wasn't Jon who held the belt and you didn't think Tom would beat him you wouldn't give 2 flying fucks about all this. Now people are trying to act super noble about merit when you know how the UFC operates. All this is based on hatred of Jon. All these comments about people all of a sudden giving this many fucks is so obvious. Just my opinion but it's entertaining. Keep it coming.

I respect that you shouldn't be able to recall every poster's history and stances, but my man, all I do is shit on the bullshit matchmaking lol.

I said the same about Merab/O'Malley.

I said the same about Belal/Leon.

I said the same about Mokaev/Pantoja.

etc

I also don't necessarily think Tom beats Jon, either. But since Francis is gone, I'm not sure I think anyone beats Jones. But I'd at least like to fucking try instead of holding up the division while we pad stats in the twilight of Jones already GOAT career.

I respect that you shouldn't be able to recall every poster's history and stances, but my man, all I do is shit on the bullshit matchmaking lol.

I said the same about Merab/O'Malley.

I said the same about Belal/Leon.

I said the same about Mokaev/Pantoja.

etc

I also don't necessarily think Tom beats Jon, either. But since Francis is gone, I'm not sure I think anyone beats Jones. But I'd at least like to fucking try instead of holding up the division while we pad stats in the twilight of Jones already GOAT career.
It was more of a general statement than trying to single you out. There really are Tom Aspinall fans here and I can tell who those are. Then there's probably some posters here who really do care about merit and I don't have issue with that but I understand how the UFC operates and all they want is money. If you pay attention though you can tell the other like 70-80% of this noble attitude about merit is just rooted in hatred of Jon.

Back