Jon Jones 28-0? or 23-4-1(NC)?

So were gonna start changing records for everyone? Or just Jones?
Yeah we don't have that power, but we are able to discuss it which is what this forum is for.

At this stage the supposed undefeated GOAT's record is a bit of a sham.

He lost to Hammil, there's no controversy here, like the rule or not, he broke it and deserved his DQ loss.

Gustafsson has a decent claim to having won that first fight although I myself actually gave him a narrow victory in this one.

Santos for me beat Jones on one leg, it was a piss poor performance by Jones and Reyes should have now took what I think is a rather clear cut 48-47 decision.

I think the whole GOAT tag has heavily influenced the judges of his last 2 fights, the man was a phenomenal fighter at one time, but it's impossible to pretend we were watching a clean fighter then so I struggle to give him much credit, he's looked bang average now for a while even with his special PED dispensation.

Mostly agree man

I do think he edged Santos but lost last night

Hasn't looked GOAT level since the failed tests

Reyes is the first jones fight where the majority of the media thinks his opponent won

Realistically he should be 25-1-2(NC)

DC fight is obviously a NC, the Hamill loss should've been overturned to a NC and he lost to Reyes

Jon rent-free in TS’ head lmao.
<JonesLaugh>
I'm not a Jones hater at all, doubt I've ever even made a thread about him until this one, I just think his GOAT claim is looking incredibly shaky nowadays, for me he has been out of the running ever since he popped but now his in cage performances are also raising eyebrows.

Yeah we don't have that power, but we are able to discuss it which is what this forum is for.

Then talk about who you think won the fight and avoid stating numbers like 23-4 and changing his record to what you see fit. He's 26-1-NC. Nothing wrong with discussing who you think won the fight.

depends on the circumstances. In Jones case, hamill was done before the elbow.
I agree, I just don't know why that would make the DQ any less correct, you can't not give a DQ based on how the fight was going.

Since USADA Jones has looked average against average fighters. There’s no argument for him as p4p#1 anymore after two controversial decisions in a row.

Then talk about who you think won the fight and avoid stating numbers like 23-4 and changing his record to what you see fit. He's 26-1-NC. Nothing wrong with discussing who you think won the fight.
But i'm not trying to talk about just last night's fight, i'm trying to get people opinions on what they think his true record is, the ones I put in the title are just the extreme examples, personally I think his true record is 24-3-1(NC) or if you'd prefer 24-2-1-1(NC & DQ)

Last edited:
I agree, I just don't know why that would make the DQ any less correct, you can't not give a DQ based on how the fight was going.

well he was DQ’d because “an illegal move made his opponent unable to continue”, which isn’t true.

At this stage the supposed undefeated GOAT's record is a bit of a sham.

He lost to Hammil, there's no controversy here, like the rule or not, he broke it and deserved his DQ loss.

Gustafsson has a decent claim to having won that first fight although I myself actually gave him a narrow victory in this one.

Santos for me beat Jones on one leg, it was a piss poor performance by Jones and Reyes should have now took what I think is a rather clear cut 48-47 decision.

I think the whole GOAT tag has heavily influenced the judges of his last 2 fights, the man was a phenomenal fighter at one time, but it's impossible to pretend we were watching a clean fighter then so I struggle to give him much credit, he's looked bang average now for a while even with his special PED dispensation.
Stopped reading after “santos beat Jon on one leg”

stop posting your shitty opinions no one cares

0-28 off the roids.

well he was DQ’d because “an illegal move made his opponent unable to continue”, which isn’t true.
A referee in the moment is gonna have a lot of difficulty determining what is the reason he cannot continue, but when Jones lands a very hard illegal shot like that and his opponent cannot continue right after it he's giving the ref a very difficult decision, I get why it's disputed and that most people don't regard it as a loss, but I don't think it's necessarily wrong.

DQ for greasing against BJ Penn, the Hendricks fight, Hugging Condit and Diaz, and for picking one eye Journeyman Bisping instead of Romero, Whittaker, and Adesanya.

Anyway to find out which mod moved this thread to the lightweights, coz i'd really like to know why?
@TeTe @Kowboy @D.R.H.

It's not another repetative thread about last nights fight but about what people think about Jones record as a whole and his GOAT claim, kinda makes me wonder if it's worth the effort of creating threads, feels like a fanboy move to me?

I don't know. But more of a fantasy topic since that isn't his record. Like he was losing until the judges gave him the win. Also there is a thread for this question in Support.

Back