Jon Jones 28-0? or 23-4-1(NC)?

Sjb1888

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
At this stage the supposed undefeated GOAT's record is a bit of a sham.

He lost to Hammil, there's no controversy here, like the rule or not, he broke it and deserved his DQ loss.

Gustafsson has a decent claim to having won that first fight although I myself actually gave him a narrow victory in this one.

Santos for me beat Jones on one leg, it was a piss poor performance by Jones and Reyes should have now took what I think is a rather clear cut 48-47 decision.

I think the whole GOAT tag has heavily influenced the judges of his last 2 fights, the man was a phenomenal fighter at one time, but it's impossible to pretend we were watching a clean fighter then so I struggle to give him much credit, he's looked bang average now for a while even with his special PED dispensation.

I don’t consider the Hamill fight a loss. But he did lose last night. His current record is fair

He's virtually undefeated.

He's never been finished or decisioned.

He’s not the GOAT, and I don’t like the guy, but I consider him undefeated. I legitimately think he won the Gus, Santos, and Reyes fights (barely).

He lost to Hammil, there's no controversy here, like the rule or not, he broke it and deserved his DQ loss.

Gustafsson has a decent claim to having won that first fight although I myself actually gave him a narrow victory in this one.

Santos for me beat Jones on one leg, it was a piss poor performance by Jones and Reyes should have now took what I think is a rather clear cut 48-47 decision.

I think the whole GOAT tag has heavily influenced the judges of his last 2 fights, the man was a phenomenal fighter at one time, but it's impossible to pretend we were watching a clean fighter then so I struggle to give him much credit, he's looked bang average now for a while even with his special PED dispensation.

I agree with you. I don't care what the judges say. If we as a sherdog group watch and poll the results. Majority of the results would chose Reyes last night. YEP.

Your logic regarding Hammil is extremely flawed. If breaking the rules mean you deserve to lose then Jones deserves a loss in half his fights due to eyepokes and pulsing.

Contrary to what you may think the Hamill fight wasn't stopped because he couldn't continue due to illegal elbows. The fight was stopped because Hammil couldn't continue due to a slam before the elbows that separated his shoulder.

He's had a few close decisions, but I think ultimately he could've legitimately won all of them. That's the definition of close. The other guy could've gotten the decision, but I do think he beat Gus and Santos. I thought Reyes won, but it was close and I can't really call that a robbery.

So were gonna start changing records for everyone? Or just Jones?

If you look the last 3 fights its hard to say he is the P4P King, he almost loss with smith (ilegal knee to the head), without PEDs he is a "good" fighter, he isnt the old Jon Jones.
Also he doesnt finish the fights, right now. The "goat" didint finished Smith, injured Marreta and a very tired Reyes.

Last edited:
Your logic regarding Hammil is extremely flawed. If breaking the rules mean you deserve to lose then Jones deserves a loss in half his fights due to eyepokes and pulsing.

Contrary to what you may think the Hamill fight wasn't stopped because he couldn't continue due to illegal elbows. The fight was stopped because Hammil couldn't continue due to a slam before the elbows that separated his shoulder.
A referee has to make the decision in the moment and the foul was a very hard shot, sure Hammil was on his way to a defeat no doubt, but you cannot ignore the impact of that foul shot, he gave the ref a difficult decision to make, and I don't think it was the wrong choice.

Historical context needed..

Ali had 3 fights with Norton. A lot of people think he lost all 3 of them.. He is widely viewed as the GOAT HW boxer of all time. A win is a win.

He has 3 losses in his record. Only one recognized.

I think he clearly lost to Santos and Reyes 2 rounds to 3, and possibly even 1 - 4 to Gustafsson.

The Hamill fight and Cormier rematch I can entertain as NCs or as DQ losses. But a DQ loss is admittedly not the same as being finished or even losing a clear decision.

I agree with you. I don't care what the judges say. If we as a sherdog group watch and poll the results. Majority of the results would chose Reyes last night. YEP.
What's this we as a group?

Only your own opinion should matter, I watched the fight and gave it to Reyes, if the general consensus agrees or not it wouldn't change my opinion.

I can almost guarantee the majority of sherdogger's have watched more MMA fights than the judges last night, and we probably had a better view too.

Back