Jon either has the worst management in the sport or doesn't want the fight

"I'll be ready to fight at HW any minute now!" -Jon Jones, 2012

He has never sold past 869k buys. And that was against Cormier in a rematch with an insane rivalry against an also popular fighter. Not even Conor and Khabib made even remotely close to 30m a piece for their fight, which sold 2.6m buys, the biggest fight in the sport's history. And Conor is several times the draw that Jon is. He doesn't only sell many more ppvs, but also brings enormous media interest, casuals, etc. Khabib was also the biggest asset in the eastern European and middle eastern market, and they had an insane rivalry.

Are they supposed to spend 50-60m dollars in just the main event alone, for a ppv that is likely to sell no more than 1.4m, if that? Ngannou is not a household name, they have no rivalry, and Jon is not an enormous draw. They would have to be idiots. Lewis vs Ngannou would likely generate more profit considering what it would cost the UFC to do the Jones fight meeting Jones' demands.

And if Jon wins then what? You have him sitting on a belt demanding ludicrous money to defend it with no viable match ups worth the dollars he is asking to fight these days, bringing the division to a stall, ruining Ngannou who is an new exciting champ who wants to fight and is easy to deal with. Why risk the division for one fight that will be ridiculously expensive? They are far better off moving on with Ngannou and building him up, while getting the division moving.

Also, quoting Wilder or Fury's guaranteed purses relative to PPV sales makes one lose all credibility, because it doesn't even understand the boxing economic model.

Boxing is far more consolidated globally, as it always been, since it has been around forever, and it is a far more legitimized and established sport. The amount of revenue they generate from tv, sponsorships, media, product placement, and sales globally dwarfs the UFC, and anyone who doesn't have a peanut for a brain knows this. The amount of money that Wilder generates is not even in the same ballpark compared to Jon Jones. This is natural: they have been around for far, far longer, and the UFC is still penetrating key markets. New York just happened a few years ago for crying out loud.

There is not a single major economy that doesn't have substantial deals for boxing broadcasts, whether through ppv or tv (mostly the latter). Even in the developing world: freaking Peru has had a ppv model for big boxing events since the eighties. The UFC, for all its success, is still a developing sport that is growing its global market at an aggressive but consistent pace.

Jon either doesn't want the fight or he has the worst management in the history of the sport.

the answer is jon has both a bad manager and is back tracking from the francis fight. jones vs stipe would already been signed.

It's called negotiation. You have to start high if you want to eventually get your worth.

Jon is too much of a narcissist to sit on the sidelines forever while the MMA world moves on without him. As time passes he'll lower his asking price and we'll see him back in there, probably some time after the Francis/Lewis fight.

It's a terrible negotiation though. Time is money, especially in a fighter's career. They want to fight as much in their prime as they can to make money. Jon has been, and is, wasting so much of his prime years with all kinds of BS. Starting at a high asking price is normal, but starting at a ridiculous asking price is just wasting time. That is, if he is actually asking 50 mil. All I know is it was just Winklejohn's opinion, haven't seen any verification that it's more than that.

Edit: I see it's confirmed that he's asking for 30 mil. That's at least more reasonable, but still no chance in hell he would get it and he should know that.

Last edited:
It's called negotiation. You have to start high if you want to eventually get your worth.

Jon is too much of a narcissist to sit on the sidelines forever while the MMA world moves on without him. As time passes he'll lower his asking price and we'll see him back in there, probably some time after the Francis/Lewis fight.

asking for 30 million is a offer than he mknows the ufc wont take so jon than can go on twitter being the victim.

all the ufc has to do is always say to jon here youyr contract you willingly signed you can fight on those terms or stay retired.

What relevance or insight does Dominick Reyes of all people have into whether or not Jones fights at HW and for how much money?

Yup, I think if Stipe won, Jones would have also tweeted about money that night. Why am I going to knock a prizefighter for chasing a prize?
Hey. If he thinks he wants 30 mill. That’s fine. Or even $10 mill if that is more reasonable. But I think he would make the fight for $3 with stipe or beast. Not Francis.

Why rush? He's still gaining. Thats the feel here in ABQ.

before the ppv jones was always saying i cant wait to fight the winner only to back track with francis won.

jones vs stipe would of already been signed.

Hey. If he thinks he wants 30 mill. That’s fine. Or even $10 mill if that is more reasonable. But I think he would make the fight for $3 with stipe or beast. Not Francis.
Well 3 million would be a pay cut. so nope lol. Francis is a bad match up, but let's not pretend that Stipe and Lewis aren't also bad matchups.

Well 3 million would be a pay cut. so nope lol. Francis is a bad match up, but let's not pretend that Stipe and Lewis aren't also bad matchups.
What ever he was making. He deserves more for going up. sure they are. But I give him a better chance against those two. If he loses to Francis, it could be brutal.

What ever he was making. He deserves more for going up. sure they are. But I give him a better chance against those two. If he loses to Francis, it could be brutal.
Better chance sure, but let's not pretend Stipe doesn't hit insanely hard either. At a certain point, knocked out is knocked out. Not to mention that singular knockouts are less dangerous than prolonged beatings.

He has never sold past 869k buys. And that was against Cormier in a rematch with an insane rivalry against an also popular fighter. Not even Conor and Khabib made even remotely close to 30m a piece for their fight, which sold 2.6m buys, the biggest fight in the sport's history. And Conor is several times the draw that Jon is. He doesn't only sell many more ppvs, but also brings enormous media interest, casuals, etc. Khabib was also the biggest asset in the eastern European and middle eastern market, and they had an insane rivalry.

Are they supposed to spend 50-60m dollars in just the main event alone, for a ppv that is likely to sell no more than 1.4m, if that? Ngannou is not a household name, they have no rivalry, and Jon is not an enormous draw. They would have to be idiots. Lewis vs Ngannou would likely generate more profit considering what it would cost the UFC to do the Jones fight meeting Jones' demands.

And if Jon wins then what? You have him sitting on a belt demanding ludicrous money to defend it with no viable match ups worth the dollars he is asking to fight these days, bringing the division to a stall, ruining Ngannou who is an new exciting champ who wants to fight and is easy to deal with. Why risk the division for one fight that will be ridiculously expensive? They are far better off moving on with Ngannou and building him up, while getting the division moving.

Also, quoting Wilder or Fury's guaranteed purses relative to PPV sales makes one lose all credibility, because it doesn't even understand the boxing economic model.

Boxing is far more consolidated globally, as it always been, since it has been around forever, and it is a far more legitimized and established sport. The amount of revenue they generate from tv, sponsorships, media, product placement, and sales globally dwarfs the UFC, and anyone who doesn't have a peanut for a brain knows this. The amount of money that Wilder generates is not even in the same ballpark compared to Jon Jones. This is natural: they have been around for far, far longer, and the UFC is still penetrating key markets. New York just happened a few years ago for crying out loud.

There is not a single major economy that doesn't have substantial deals for boxing broadcasts, whether through ppv or tv (mostly the latter). Even in the developing world: freaking Peru has had a ppv model for big boxing events since the eighties. The UFC, for all its success, is still a developing sport that is growing its global market at an aggressive but consistent pace.

Jon either doesn't want the fight or he has the worst management in the history of the sport.
I didn't read, because it is quite easy to see your hate.
You are clueless, talking about something you have no clue about (like what happens behind closed doors) and all you base yourself is your vast knowledge of what he posts on social media...

in summa, you are a clueless hater who think you have a point when it is quite obvious you do not.

seek help.

I'm sorry, but you're retarded if you don't think that Jones is legitimately working on his move to HW. The proof is on his Instagram near daily that he's been working hard on putting on ATHLETIC size, and not simply size like during his powerlifting days. He's huge nowadays compared to his LHW days.

If you don't think he's moving up, then please explain why he's transformed his body into 250lb of athletic muscle? Like what, do you think he planning on trying out for the NFL?

This isn't just words this time, he's gone and worked on this. The price tag obviously matters, but he's making the transformation and I don't think he's simply going to say "Oh well, back to 220" if the number isn't exactly what he wanted.

I didn't read, because it is quite easy to see your hate.
You are clueless, talking about something you have no clue about (like what happens behind closed doors) and all you base yourself is your vast knowledge of what he posts on social media...

in summa, you are a clueless hater who think you have a point when it is quite obvious you do not.

seek help.

Right, I am the "hater" who "doesn't know what he's talking about," but you're self-admittedly the one who judges a person's views without having read what they said. Quite ironic, wouldn't you say?

Are you routinely this stupid, or is it only on the weekends?

I'm sorry, but you're retarded if you don't think that Jones is legitimately working on his move to HW. The proof is on his Instagram near daily that he's been working hard on putting on ATHLETIC size, and not simply size like during his powerlifting days. He's huge nowadays compared to his LHW days.

If you don't think he's moving up, then please explain why he's transformed his body into 250lb of athletic muscle? Like what, do you think he planning on trying out for the NFL?

This isn't just words this time, he's gone and worked on this. The price tag obviously matters, but he's making the transformation and I don't think he's simply going to say "Oh well, back to 220" if the number isn't exactly what he wanted.

How about you actually read as opposed to belch out what comes into your toilet of a brain after reading the title?

I don’t think what Jon is doing is stupid. He either makes a lot of money or doesn’t get knocked the f out by Francis. Win-win

Both. He knows he can't let Ngannou hit him and he won'y have the size advantage or reach to stop Ngannou, also why ask more than he can draw?

Right, I am the "hater" who "doesn't know what he's talking about," but you're self-admittedly the one who judges a person's views without having read what they said. Quite ironic, wouldn't you say?

Are you routinely this stupid, or is it only on the weekends?
I don't need to read a hater's post to understand they talk out of their asses, kid.

Oh, by the way, the ironic part is that haters invariably think they are the smartest ones around... so it is fairly obvious you are delusional.

But by all means, prove me wrong, and show me ANY evidence you know what happens outside of what you read out of social media, kid. I dare you.

a4c1eba571c7139a0bdf2736b8dcadb6.gif

Now, if you can't show any shred of evidence, please STFU and GTFO, kid.

I'm waiting.

How about you actually read as opposed to belch out what comes into your toilet of a brain after reading the title?

Has nothing to do with your OP, but all the babies who are trying to maintain that it's just a grift.

The prior ones absolutely were, but there's no denying he's actually gone and built a HW body so clearly he does have HW ambitions this time around and the rest is just window dressing.

Man, the UFC and Uncle Dana is going to go broke if they paid them superfight money! They can't afford to pay these guys that kind of money! What do you think this is, boxing?

I don't need to read a hater's post to understand they talk out of their asses, kid.

Oh, by the way, the ironic part is that haters invariably think they are the smartest ones around... so it is fairly obvious you are delusional.

But by all means, prove me wrong, and show me ANY evidence you know what happens outside of what you read out of social media, kid. I dare you.

a4c1eba571c7139a0bdf2736b8dcadb6.gif

Now, if you can't show any shred of evidence, please STFU and GTFO, kid.

I'm waiting.

I didn't say nor do I believe that Jon doesn't want the fight.

I said that he is either horribly managed or he doesn't want the fight.

I then said I believe it is the former.

Everything I wrote was not to show Jon didn't want the fight, but that him asking for 30m (assuming that is true) is preposterous.

If you had taken the trouble to read you would know what I said, as opposed to presume what is 'fairly obvious' wrongly. Because you are stupid.

You are just a lazy moron.

Back