• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jon Bones officially a free man today - striving to get better:

In no way whatsoever was that a masterful performance. And there is nothing odd about people criticizing that fight.

He fought extremely safe with not losing as his only goal. That much was obvious.
That performance opens up the question about how different of a fighter might he be after all that has happened.

No eye pokes or "dick pills" anymore.
His next fight will let us know that's for sure.

As a student of martial arts-

I saw an expert, precise performance against a dangerous human being.

If you think eye pokes and dick pills are how he wins, that indicates you dont comprehend what your watching.

Jones vs Manuwa. Book it. Old roids vs surging roids. Jones will have to be very careful.

Winner fights winner of Cormier vs Johnson 2.

As a student of martial arts-

I saw an expert, precise performance against a dangerous human being.

If you think eye pokes and dick pills are how he wins, that indicates you dont comprehend what your watching.

If you don't think his intentional eye poke techniques have not played a role in his success you don't comprehend human nature.

Getting poked in the eye once will change how a fighter performs for the rest of the fight guaranteed. His vision won't be the same and he might be hesitant to engage, especially when even though he was warned, there his fingers are extended out towards your face again.
He uses it as a tactic. He pokes you then throws the fingers out there to cause you to react to that and then he throws a strike when you're worried about the finger poke.
I'm not saying he would have lost any particular fight if he didn't poke but It gave him a big advantage that hopefully he no longer has.

As far as the "dick pills" well anyone who is accepting reality knows that he will be without another "advantage" in that category also. Let's be real man.

If you don't think his intentional eye poke techniques have not played a role in his success you don't comprehend human nature.

Getting poked in the eye once will change how a fighter performs for the rest of the fight guaranteed. His vision won't be the same and he might be hesitant to engage, especially when even though he was warned, there his fingers are extended out towards your face again.
He uses it as a tactic. He pokes you then throws the fingers out there to cause you to react to that and then he throws a strike when you're worried about the finger poke.
I'm not saying he would have lost any particular fight if he didn't poke but It gave him a big advantage that hopefully he no longer has.

As far as the "dick pills" well anyone who is accepting reality knows that he will be without another "advantage" in that category also. Let's be real man.

Even if either of these are the case.
(The latter hasnt been deemed a performance enhancement) They're infinitesimally small relative to his amazing skill and fight iq.

What he does in the octagon is simply brilliant from a martial arts stand point

Always looking forward

Even if either of these are the case.
(The latter hasnt been deemed a performance enhancement) They're infinitesimally small relative to his amazing skill and fight iq.

What he does in the octagon is simply brilliant from a martial arts stand point

I agree he has mad skills. Never would deny that.
But that doesn't change the fact that the eye pokes and "dick pills" are proof that he's a blatant cheater.

And defending the "dick pills" usage is only something that a blindly loyal fans would do. Again, Let's be real.

But that doesn't change the fact that the eye pokes and "dick pills" are proof that he's a blatant cheater.

And defending the "dick pills" usage is only something that a blindly loyal fans would do. Again, Let's be real.

Loyal fan here for sure.
I dont doubt hes juicing, frankly as Diaz says, I suspect everyone is.

But the fact is he wasnt busted for juice.

He is dirty, hes also ruthless, brutal and unpredictable.

Which is why his fighting style impresses me.

Loyal fan here for sure.
I dont doubt hes juicing, frankly as Diaz says, I suspect everyone is.

But the fact is he wasnt busted for juice.

He is dirty, hes also ruthless, brutal and unpredictable.

Which is why his fighting style impresses me.

I was a big fan at first but after awhile lost a lot of respect and just didn't like his personality but he has been a badass in most fights and displayed ridiculous talent and potential.

I'll always want to watch him fight whether I like his personality or not though. I definitely would like to see a war with him and AJ.

how many times have we heard that line before. I want to see him back in the cage and get KO'd before he ends his career

People are oddly critical of his OSP fight. It was short notice after a year of not fighting.

It wasnt exciting but it was a masterful display. He beat OSP effectively every round without taking any damage at all and breaking OSPs arm.

You think its odd only because you are wrong, thats all.

Significant strikes in round 1: Jones 13 of 26, OSP 12 of 31.

Significant strikes in round 2: Jones 18 of 28, OSP 17 of 39.

No takedowns. Those are very close, competitive rounds.

Significant strikes total for OSP: 57, and for comparison, DC against Jones: 58.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/05c8aeb2806be99c

And this is how you should deal with (full camp) OSP:

giphy.gif

Let's hope he gets his head together and comes back stronger than ever!

He seems to really enjoy driving while intoxicated. Let's go with a police stop for speeding and the cop finds drugs during a search of the vehicle.

I may have posted it here before, but whenever you see celebrities get caught DUI/DWI/OVI, there is usually some illicit drug use and/or sex involved (secret homosexual liaisons, adultery, cheating on girlfriend/boyfriend, etc.). They can't have driving services, taxis, limos, etc. up in their business.

You think its odd only because you are wrong, thats all.

Significant strikes in round 1: Jones 13 of 26, OSP 12 of 31.

Significant strikes in round 2: Jones 18 of 28, OSP 17 of 39.

No takedowns. Those are very close, competitive rounds.

Significant strikes total for OSP: 57, and for comparison, DC against Jones: 58.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/05c8aeb2806be99c

And this is how you should deal with (full camp) OSP:

giphy.gif

Jones had a total of 105 strikes to Osps 57 and 3 excellent take downs.

He incurred no damage and broke OSPs arm.

It was a unanimous decision not a remotely close fight.

Masterful performance by a martial arts legend.

Have everyone forgotten about the fact that Jones' fights are 25 minutes of obleque kicks nowadays ?
I liked your post, not because of its content, but because of your AV.

I will continue to do this for every one of your posts I see, that is all.

Back