e169ee76-3990-420f-8a65-797671abf917_text.gif

Corporal punishment
In the octagon
Something they will never forget
like being chocked by Paul Harris
Actually, they might forget that
Because they'll be fucking dead

What you say sherbros? Yay or nay?

I say thats a perfect solution. Might even force guys into their proper weight classes. Having that looming over you would add a lot of pressure to an already hard and stressful cut for the bigger guys

Good idea but it would result in a ton of fight cancelations. Dude would just pull out and save it for another day. I'd hate to see big fights be canceled for a weight miss of 1 lbs. I like the idea of an automatic point deduction though.

You’ll just get more pull outs.

All fighters know they need to make weight. they lose 30% of their purse as well as risk getting cut if they miss. Yet, they still do. The poor dieting/weight cutting choices will always exist regardless of the penalty. If anything, we will see more people put themselves at risk making a drastic cut last minute.

how about: if you miss weight, you automatically have to move up. No exceptions. Maybe a clause where If you win 2/3 at the higher weight you can elect to go back down once good faith is restored.

Meh. Sounds good on paper. But that's exactly the problem.

Shit would mean that, for example, Rockhold vs Romero would be a no contest on paper.

We all know what happened in real life though

weight cutting doesnt bother me,

and fighters missing weight doesnt either.

Dumb as hell. No point of even fighting if they were to do that. If the ufc doesn’t want fighters to miss weight, then they should try and make them fight at their natural weight class.

I think that when it’s a blatant fuck you to the promotion/athletic commission like in the case of Perry, they should be taken off the card and fined 10k per pound. That has to be paid before they fight again.

That'd be ok if winning actually mattered.

But we all know that Dana doesn't care if you win or not. If he feels a certain way, you could easily get a title shot off a loss, or get special treatment regardless of winning.

Conor hasn't won a fight at LW in 4 years, and only has one win at LW, yet he's still ranked #4...

Again, winning doesn't matter if Dana favors you. Might work for the nobodies, but for anyone who carries weight, it's not as much of a factor.

You might get a no-contest result, but if you go in there and perform well, Dana will notice that instead of what the official results say.

Back