Media Jon Anik: “Flight booked for Manchester, England. See you there, Belal”

Will Belal Muhammad finally get his titleshot?

• Total voters
Yes, they have plenty of UK fighters that sell well to put on the UK card and it always made the most sense to put Belal on a UK card that they can stack to make up for his lack of drawing power.

LoL "Stay Positive".... BAH!!! this is Sherdog!!!!!
And I'm a realist....

The struggle is real I know, but we must believe that Obi Wan Kenobi will cut the cord on the evil empire to show us the light you sonofabitch lmao.

They Gave belal front row seats to see shavkat vs leon.

Dana Bless

because Leon is GSP boring. which means he's boring because he's dominating the fight. Belal is boring because he refuses to step on the gas and is ok with just doing enough to win.

GSP being boring is a myth of a by gone era where you had guys like Silva and jones as champions.

Most Of GSP fights are all better than leon, Usman or woodley fights. Leon has never been in a great fight. Usman has only the one really good fight against colby. Woodley has the one good fight against thompson then the worst rematch you've ever seen, followed by the worst title fight ever (Maia vs Woodley)

I'd kill to have a champion at WW as exciting as GSP. All time Favourite WW champ for me personally is robbie.

UFC Manchester is a long way away... The UFC will forget by then.

Who's Blal? Is he a new commentator to help Anik?

because Leon is GSP boring. which means he's boring because he's dominating the fight. Belal is boring because he refuses to step on the gas and is ok with just doing enough to win.
Lmao you pissed off the GSP fanboys with this take.

Honestly it isn't a bad analogy, and it isn't like GSP 50-45ed everybody so I don't understand some of the responses you're getting.

Leon has never come out of a "dominant win" with his face looking like minced hamburger, GSP has multiple times.

The struggle is real I know, but we must believe that Obi Wan Kenobi will cut the cord on the evil empire to show us the light you sonofabitch lmao.
Obi Wan would be shook if he came around here with these salty mofo's....

I understand all the hate Belal gets but it's not like Leon is so much more exciting to watch by comparison. What's the difference switching out one boring champ for another ?
Leon is still more exciting to watch. Even among boring fighters there's always someone more boring. In the case of these 2 Belal takes the cake. The only other fighter that's probably more boring than Belal is Evloev.

What if Belal becomes fucking champ…
Eh, it's not that likely considering we already saw this match up. Belal doesn't really have anything new to the table to bring to Leon. Even if by some miracle he pulled it off, Shavkat and JDM are terrible match ups for him.

I don't care who wins between Belal and Leon I just need the UFC to do what they did with Sterling when he was champion. Make the Welterweight Champion more active. Whoever wins between Belal and Leon needs to be fighting again by the MSG card in November or in December.

The first of many title fights in the GOATlal title reign

Leon is still more exciting to watch. Even among boring fighters there's always someone more boring. In the case of these 2 Belal takes the cake. The only other fighter that's probably more boring than Belal is Evloev.

Leon is not more exciting to watch, the only difference is he's in higher profile fights people want to see. When he was just a contender no one was interested in him.

Leon is not more exciting to watch, the only difference is he's in higher profile fights people want to see. When he was just a contender no one was interested in him.
Leon having KO potential, as rare as it might be, automatically makes him more exciting than Belal. Leon has the potential to end a fight whereas Belal is the male Chookagian.

I'm legitimately interested in the odds the prop bets if this being a decision. It has to be super super high. Finish is unlikely

Back