John Ruiz Vs Thunder Gatti

I was never really a fan of either of these guys but as a fight fan i respect and give gatti much more credit than i do ruiz i think gatti was an A- fighter while ruiz til this point at best is a B+ gatti fought better competition and u have to put him above ruiz for that the HW division has not been a good divisipon for a long time so i say GATTI HAS A BETTER LEGACY TO THIS POINT THAN RUIZ

If you're a heavyweight champions, your career is ALWAYS better than some repeat champion at a lower division.

You're back for one day when someone makes a thread asking about you? Hmmm....

Better question is what the hell time was it you guys posted that mess LOL.

I was up at 5AM but somehow I'm still in bed. Figure that one one?

gatti's had multiple fights of the year, that alone raises him in the eyes of many

yeah sorry. I was a bit harsh. I like Gatti. alot. I guess I just wish Ivan would've amounted to more, thus justifying his wins over Arturo. and I didn't mean to sound like Tracy Harris Patterson was a pushover either. he wasn't.

Thats what I was hoping to here. If you dont respect what Gatti brought to the table, I don't know what to think.

I wish Ivan had done more too...

I thought THP's second fight with Gatti could have been better than it was. The body shot that was called low in the first wasn't and the knockdown in the 9th or so was a clear slip (at least clear to the viewers).

Those 2 events changed the dynamic of the fight, but I'm not sure if THP would have one anyway.

If you're a heavyweight champions, your career is ALWAYS better than some repeat champion at a lower division.

I didn't know this fact...

It kinda sucks for the little guys...

HEY, HEY, HEY... shut up....

i agree with you man, Gatti fought better opponents.

Gatti was actually a boxer. He used his feet well and he had a good jab. he just wasn't a good enough boxer to keep the fight a boxing match and instead a lot of his fights turned into 'fights'

Back