John Ruiz Vs Thunder Gatti

T

Too $hort

Not in a fight but who has had a better career ?,these guys are both mediocre but are multiple titleholders,no matter what you guys say they have had a good management team in order to do this,I'm really hard pressed to find b level boxers do this good

Whats worse is ruiz could grab a belt again making him a 4 time belt holder,ruiz is like a cranberry stain on white carpet(IT NEVER GOES AWAY)gatti is done thou but he is a 3 time champ, gatt=greatist management team eva

Gatti wasnt a B level boxer, not when he was young. As a young man he really was a legit top fighter, but he started taking beating early and faded into a brawler really fast.

I wish John Ruiz would be taken away by our lord Jesus Christ. :umm:

gatti has the public behind him as well as respect from the boxing community as a whole for his tremendous courage and warriors spirit. ruiz was never loved by the public or even the boxing community. jab and grab vs blood and guts warrior

Gatti wasnt a B level boxer, not when he was young. As a young man he really was a legit top fighter, but he started taking beating early and faded into a brawler really fast.
well that depends how you look at it,I mean dont get mean wrong I respect gatti and he is all heart but I dont think he stayed on top long enough to be an A fighter

gatti has the public behind him as well as respect from the boxing community as a whole for his tremendous courage and warriors spirit. ruiz was never loved by the public or even the boxing community. jab and grab vs blood and guts warrior
well I respect gatt and like him as a fighter,I tend to think gatti had the better career,picked up alot of titles and late in his career while he was fading,really pissed me off to see a guy like gomez end him like that.

Arturo won the USBA, IBF, and WBC belts...

I'm not completely sure of Ruiz but I'm sure he has equally impressive belts.

It comes down to what you are going to value more. Neither guy was a B level fighter. They were A level guys but just not the A+ type guys. Look at the guys Gatti has lost to; Baldomir, Mayweather, Ward, Robinson, ODLH, Manfredy and a few others. There is no shame in losing to any of these guys given the status of Gatti going into some of these fights like age and weight issues.

As for career, I value Gatti's heart more than most. This guy fought with his heart on his sleeve and always put on a show.

In short, I think that Gatti had a better career.

beating Tracy Harris Patterson doesn't mean shit. Gatti got beat by glorified club fighters like Manfredy and Ivan friggin Robison. Then again the 130 lb division was weak back then compared to today

beating Tracy Harris Patterson doesn't mean shit. Gatti got beat by glorified club fighters like Manfredy and Ivan friggin Robison. Then again the 130 lb division was weak back then compared to today

Ivan had a very impressive pedigree. Not only was he natural at that weight, but he also had physical advantages. Gatti only lost to him by a point in the rematch.

It's not that it was weak, it's just that everyone fought in different weight classes. Gatti was a solid fighter, with a great heart. So, why are you trying to bash him by taking away 2 of his best wins?

I wish John Ruiz would be taken away by our lord Jesus Christ. :umm:

fighter bashing, you get teh ban!!!!!!!!11111111111111

seriously though, as big a ruiz fan as I am (don't ask, counterculture thing) gatti's had the better career, and as much as I just hate to say thisss mmmpphhhhhh, (just threw up!) he will make the hall of fame.

ruiz? he'd have to unify and win a few exciting fights, or wait until we're all long dead to get in.

"Better" is such a subjective thing, and can differ wildly from person to person. For me, I ask myself "Right now, who would I rather be?" and the answer is absolutely Gatti.

If you take a look at who Ruiz has actually beat it is a much more impressive list.

Rahman, Holyfield, McCline, Golota, Oquendo, the list goes on,

If you take a look at who Ruiz has actually beat it is a much more impressive list.

Rahman, Holyfield, McCline, Golota, Oquendo, the list goes on,

Yes, but some of those names were fighters who were past it.

Ivan had a very impressive pedigree. Not only was he natural at that weight, but he also had physical advantages. Gatti only lost to him by a point in the rematch.

It's not that it was weak, it's just that everyone fought in different weight classes. Gatti was a solid fighter, with a great heart. So, why are you trying to bash him by taking away 2 of his best wins?

yeah sorry. I was a bit harsh. I like Gatti. alot. I guess I just wish Ivan would've amounted to more, thus justifying his wins over Arturo. and I didn't mean to sound like Tracy Harris Patterson was a pushover either. he wasn't.

Back