• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Romero is about to make you his #*$%@, with Doom wads in 2018

So will this not run with Steam’s version of the game?
That remains to be seen, from their wording sounds like an original version ran on windows 95 is the way it will work.

But I’m thinking that’s bs and a steam version ran on dos box/zdooM etc will run it.

Won’t know for sure until it shows up lol.

So will this not run with Steam’s version of the game?
If you own the steam version you should have the .wad files. Grab a source port like GZDoom or Zandronum and you should be good to go.

If you need the wads pm me

Damn, I didn't even buy that monstrosity. That sucks for me. But good on John for doing the thing we constantly bitch at AAA's for not doing: actually working to deliver what he said he would deliver.

UPDATE April 7, 2019: Due to a delay in physical production of some of SIGIL's pieces, fan boxes will ship in the first week of May. The free megawad will be made available one week after fan boxes begin shipping so paying customers can play SIGIL first.

78259979.jpg

Give us your WAD now John!

I ordered the boxed copy, but this is getting to be ridiculous.

It's a DOOM wad FFS. Just release the goddamn thing.

I ordered the boxed copy, but this is getting to be ridiculous.

It's a DOOM wad FFS. Just release the goddamn thing.

Did you get the big box? I got the normal one for framing. But I’m moving at the end of May and this is cutting it close. Plus I don’t care about getting to play it before everyone else because I paid. I just want to play.

Did you get the big box? I got the normal one for framing. But I’m moving at the end of May and this is cutting it close. Plus I don’t care about getting to play it before everyone else because I paid. I just want to play.
I have a windows 95 machine up and running ready for action lol.

I ordered the regular box set, but nothing else has been released about the “must be played with an original paid version” wording.

I can’t find my disk anywhere

@Chubz @90 50 @TheWorm

Did you guys ever receive any updates from Limited Run after February? I haven’t - but I get plenty of their promo emails. They tried to write it off as an accident but I’m pretty sure they’re just embarrassed at their poor handling of this.

Anyway, good news:

@Chubz @90 50 @TheWorm

Did you guys ever receive any updates from Limited Run after February? I haven’t - but I get plenty of their promo emails. They tried to write it off as an accident but I’m pretty sure they’re just embarrassed at their poor handling of this.

Anyway, good news:

Nothing since then.

I still haven’t found a real copy of doom 1 yet, I can’t find my copy and I don’t have my old school pc ready to rock yet either.

I have a midi sound card ready to go, but I wanted some more stuff I had researched for it and just haven’t fucked with it enough yet.

I’m still rolling in my sleep at night that I let my ex talk me into donating to recycling my fucking dual 486 cpu tower. Bitch still worked perfect too.

And doom was installed on it(plus all kinds of other shit).

Nothing since then.
Same.

I still think it's ridiculous that the release of the WAD itself has been delayed just because the box isn't in everyone's hands.

Oh well, I still look forward to playing the hell out of it! And that box looks sick as FUK!

honestly, where is his kickstarter for his new fps? i want that

honestly, where is his kickstarter for his new fps? i want that

I know he's working on a strategy game with Paradox. I'm actually pretty excited for them to announce what it is, exactly.

Nothing since then.

I still haven’t found a real copy of doom 1 yet, I can’t find my copy and I don’t have my old school pc ready to rock yet either.

I have a midi sound card ready to go, but I wanted some more stuff I had researched for it and just haven’t fucked with it enough yet.

I’m still rolling in my sleep at night that I let my ex talk me into donating to recycling my fucking dual 486 cpu tower. Bitch still worked perfect too.

And doom was installed on it(plus all kinds of other shit).

ooof I bet you can find one at one of those sad computer repair shops that still carry ATI cards.

Same.

I still think it's ridiculous that the release of the WAD itself has been delayed just because the box isn't in everyone's hands.

Oh well, I still look forward to playing the hell out of it! And that box looks sick as FUK!

Good news fellas, I got my tracking number today! Hopefully you did too.

ooof I bet you can find one at one of those sad computer repair shops that still carry ATI cards.

Good news fellas, I got my tracking number today! Hopefully you did too.
No tracking number yet wtf?

Please don’t be pulling our chains lol.

Tracking number emailed late last night. Fired up Doom on the 360 to get in the mood lol. Gotta hurry up and get monitor for my PC! (Other than the junker 60hrz I have laying around. )

It’s about to be on like Donkey Kong Boys!!

Back