Media John Kavanagh Says Nate Diaz Trilogy Should Be Next For Conor McGregor

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Not surprising. They don't want McGregor to take a loss to anymore names than he already has. He's proven he can sneak past Diaz with a decision and if he loses..well he already has. They sure as hell don't want him fighting other LW's that could end him.

Kavanagh was sweating buckets when Ariel asked the status of his relationship with Conor (due to rumours of some distance between them). Ariel had to backpedal when he saw how uncomfortable JK was and then JK gave some weasel answer.

They definitely had a falling out and Kavanagh has made some smartass twitter posts which are clearly aimed at Conor. Case in point:

So I don't believe Kavanagh has any clue what is next for Conor. They don't even talk.

Not even trying to deny the guy ran.

<mma4>

The argument of "well Stipe knocked out Overeem so Nate should have as well" is awful but the admission of running is good enough for me. I commend you, not many Conor fans have been able to do that.

<GinJuice>

well, he didn't do it a ton...he did it to break up nate's momentum...which was a smart tactic...of course he will get shit for it though. I understand why he did it...I've even seen jones do it against dc a couple of times against dc in their 2nd fight...but not to the level conor did it...

I don't like this. Nate is not relevant in any division, it would probably be at catch weight anyway, and Mcg beat him last time. If Conor wins he treads water. If he loses he's done. Khabib, Tony, Dustin, gaethje et all will still be elite talents. What's he do after Diaz 3? Retire? I fucking hate Conor but at least he used to be ballsy. The way he hunted down Aldo, had the arena as an extension of his own fighting spirit, and finished an all time great is so far removed from who he is now it's depressing, even as someone who was never a fan to begin with. Calling for a rematch with Diaz now is definitely a move that supports the whisky business. That's really the only benefit I can see. Conor gets paid regardless of the matchup, so this is to protect the brand. Good company man, this coach k

Two exciting journeyman that match up super well stylistically. Both in ranking limbo from not fighting anymore and could use some buzz. Sounds good to me.

They are done pretending Konour can grapple, they are simply looking for someone with no wrestling who cant take someone down.

Conor-McGregor-vs-Nate-Diaz.jpg

Diaz-v-McGregor2.jpg

That seems to make the most sense at this point. Since all the fans are complaining about him potentially getting a title shot, the best way for him to move out of Tony's way is to fight Diaz. In the meantime, Tony fights Dustin / Khabib, then Conor or Nate do whatever they want from there.

There's an itsy bitsy problem with that plan: Diaz doesn't fight a t LW anymore. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind seeing a third fight.

Conor vs Justin please. Winner can wait for the Tony, Khabib, Dustin fights to sort themselves out.

Mystic Lockard has predicted for three years that the Nate rubber match will be the 27th fight of Conor's (MMA) career. The next fight will be the 26th. So the conclusion of the trilogy is near, but Conor will fight someone else before then.

You’ve been a member for 2. Pipe down.

What a surprise. We all know Mcgregors schtick now. Refuse to fight anyone in the top 10. Then parlay a non top 10 fight into a title shot.
When did that happen??

Irish Edmond looking for another red panty night.

Gunning for a win that does nothing for legacy or rankings, I say go for it.

You’ve been a member for 2. Pipe down.

What's your point? How long I've been a member here has nothing to do with how intelligent I am regarding MMA or anything else. This silly hierarchy nonsense needs to go

What's your point? How long I've been a member here has nothing to do with how intelligent I am regarding MMA or anything else. This silly hierarchy nonsense needs to go

Show your post from 3 years ago on here predicting it bud. Has nothing about hierarchy

Coach prefers easiest possible fight, not shocked.

And as a Diaz fan I’d love it.

It's the best money fight if they can't get Khabib. If they wanted easy they'd ask for Aldo.

Shut up John.
I don’t want to see it again, much more intriguing matchups at 155.
It doesn’t make any sense ranking wise either.
John just wants to get paid.

Conor Decision

I wouldn’t wanna see conor in any other fight right now honestly, my personal opinion. I’d be happy with this being both of their last fight. First two are some of the most fun I’ve had watching fights. Room is always so split it’s hilrious and a lot of fun.

Back