Media John Kavanagh Says Nate Diaz Trilogy Should Be Next For Conor McGregor

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
haha gotta love revisionist history...nate got his ass wrecked in the rematch...3 knockdowns in 2 rounds...conor won...simple as that.

I'd be surprised if he's stopped running...guy was putting in a full marathon.

RqQF6BzaGgyXe.gif

{<jordan}

Conor needs to earn a third fight with Nate.

I didn't want this before, but now I do. For the sole reason that it will keep Conor the fuck away from cutting in line and ruining Tony-Khabib.

Fight makes no sense. Conor has only fought two lightweights, if that is apparently his division and he wants another title shot there, maybe he fights someone else who's relevant? He's 1-1 at LW and 1-1 at WW against a LW gatekeeper. Diaz probably isn't even fighting at LW again so it just makes no sense.

Honestly John seems like he thinks McGregor is done. The things he's been saying make it seem like he just wants the Diaz fight because it's a relatively easy payday.

This fight makes a lot more sense to me than having McGregor fight ranked LWs as if he were an active and committed part of the division. He obviously just wants a few money fights, maybe one every year or so. So have him fight other semi-retired guys and stop treating him as a contender.

Yeah, I don't get a third Nate fight either. Martial art wise, we know Nate can beat Conor. Conor eked out a majoirty decision in the rematch.. Did not impress as an MMA great.

I think as intimated elsewhere, Kavanagh is running scared. His SBG brand is on the line. Against Khabib, Conor fought respectably well... for UFC show-time. Martially, Khabib brought the whole Conor pyramid tumbling down.

Most of what added $value$ in that fight was the post-fight WWWE knock-off.

I agree with your sentiments on JK but...

Firstly, I found Conor’s ability to make the adjustments in the rematch very impressive. Whether or not you believe he won the fight you must admit, it was a very close contest... so Conor was able to go from getting son’d to being on equal terms with a larger fighter in the span of only a few months. I won’t get into an argument about how much larger Nate is but I believe it to be very obvious that Nate is the larger man and I don’t know your opinion on Nate but mine is that he has developed into one of the most solid competitors in the history of the UFC - Top5 material at either LW or WW.

Secondly and I’ll keep this one short, I believe the real McG did not show up for the Khabib fight and I like his chances, should he come correct, in TheRematch.

Conor-McGregor-vs-Nate-Diaz.jpg

Diaz-v-McGregor2.jpg

That seems to make the most sense at this point. Since all the fans are complaining about him potentially getting a title shot, the best way for him to move out of Tony's way is to fight Diaz. In the meantime, Tony fights Dustin / Khabib, then Conor or Nate do whatever they want from there.

Makes sense, big trilogy fight that doesn't interfere with the title picture. Perfect comeback fight if one exists. Good call.

RqQF6BzaGgyXe.gif

{<jordan}

well, overeem tried that same shit with stipe, remember...but stipe didn't allow it and went after reem like a man possessed and stopped him....your opponent only does, what you allow him to do..if conor runs, it's up to nate to go after him and make him pay.

I mean... i'll watch it and get excited but it's not exactly intriguing.

This fight makes a lot more sense to me than having McGregor fight ranked LWs as if he were an active and committed part of the division. He obviously just wants a few money fights, maybe one every year or so. So have him fight other semi-retired guys and stop treating him as a contender.

Yeah, that's fine. If that is what Conor wants to do then i'm very okay with that. However if Uncle Dana is going to make a Khabib rematch like you can tell he's dying to do, then i wouldn't want it to be off the back of a Diaz fight. He's not active and committed but he likes to pretend that he is so Idk.

It's a solid fight if McGregor is just going to do money fights but even then i'd like to see something fresh.

RDA, Pettis, Cerrone, Aldo are some names that come to mind.

well, overeem tried that same shit with stipe, remember...but stipe didn't allow it and went after reem like a man possessed and stopped him....your opponent only does, what you allow him to do..if conor runs, it's up to nate to go after him and make him pay.

I agree, it’s the fighter’s job to stop the other guy from doing what they want. Conor is a bitch for literally running but Nate should have used his impeccable cardio to hunt him down instead of casually walking toward him as if he had 30 more minutes to fight.

What a surprise. We all know Mcgregors schtick now. Refuse to fight anyone in the top 10. Then parlay a non top 10 fight into a title shot.

A trilogy fought entirely over egos and cash. Not for titles or position in the division.

Just, fucking LOL.

However if Uncle Dana is going to make a Khabib rematch like you can tell he's dying to do, then i wouldn't want it to be off the back of a Diaz fight.

You are 100% right about this.

RqQF6BzaGgyXe.gif

{<jordan}

Retard Nate should have actually attempted to end the fight by continuously putting pressure on Connor, instead of talking shit like a retard. This way these fucking threads can stop.

I agree with your sentiments on JK but...
tnx.

Firstly, I found Conor’s ability to make the adjustments in the rematch very impressive. Whether or not you believe he won the fight you must admit, it was a very close contest... so Conor was able to go from getting son’d to being on equal terms with a larger fighter in the span of only a few months.
Yes, I can follow your perspective. The size difference was notable. Also a factor in the weight class strategy Conor employed on his way to his UFC Champion, his advantage.
I won’t get into an argument about how much larger Nate is but I believe it to be very obvious that Nate is the larger man and I don’t know your opinion on Nate but mine is that he has developed into one of the most solid competitors in the history of the UFC - Top5 material at either LW or WW.

I was never a big fan of Nate as I'm not MMA. Having said that my view was that he was under-rated. So much of the UFC is fought through the promtional smoke, and accordingly Nate was not judged objectively. So agreed.

Secondly and I’ll keep this one short, I believe the real McG did not show up for the Khabib fight and I like his chances, should he come correct, in TheRematch.
Yes, I can accommodate that perspective too. The rub is all the noises, and Conor is the most guilty, of how top talent... we can't even fathom, his talents are so he says, SBG and all these MMA camps are advertising world class training and their fighter they have complete confidence in them and they have all the game plan, etc., then the later verdict is that guy didn't show up?

The UFC needs Conor like performance,,, I'm a doubter. The job became prize fighting, not martial arts. And that job description doesn't go away when you're under contract to the UFC.

Becuse lord knows if he beats Nate Diaz somehow or another that will equate to a titleshot.
Smh.
<{1-8}>

Back