Elections John Fetterman is becoming Bernie Sanders 2.0

Then you will love that Biden is proposing "Pay as you go" and this with the notion he plans on not raising taxes for 2 years but has hinted in social cuts to pay for the 1.9 trillion dollar stimulus.

"
The budget gambit Democrats are embracing to fast-track President Joe Biden’s $1.9 trillion pandemic aid plan will trigger billions of dollars in cuts to critical programs.

Top Democrats are already shrugging off the threat, insistent that Congress will once again act in time to head off the slashing to programs like Medicare and farm subsidies — a byproduct of using the reconciliation process. But in that high-stakes trust fall, Democrats will be relying on the Senate Republicans they are now spurning.

"

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/13/biden-cuts-medicare-farm-aid-468895

where have you heard biden hinting at cutting social programs? if this is true and he does he is the stupidest democrat in history and completely blind to the causes of social unrest today.

I'm not a fan of his fixation on marijuana legalization, but I like just about everything else I've seen from him.

The best part is that the inevitable identity politics attacks from right wingers (i.e. "he's a soy boy cuck derherherher") won't really play on a 6'8 300bs former college football player.

John hits an amazing tone and is quickly becoming compared to Bernie Sanders and has an amazing future. Unlike AOC who has been picked on every time it's hard to go after him because he is as tied to the working class his history as shown. He is everything that a Bernie Sanders 2.0 needs to be but will need time in the Senate to establish himself without needing 30 years like Bernie.

merlin_180251631_33997bb7-0605-4e49-940f-878d480ffcd1-threeByTwoSmallAt2X.jpg

b5951d38-8587-45f2-a482-e28819b2c27f-VPC_PA_LT._GOV._WIFE_RECORDS_RACIST_REMARK_DESK_THUMB.jpg

I see a TON of potential. The media is really going to use the jogger incident against him, though. I also hate how it plays into that right wing trope/meme just perfectly.

PS - For those that don't know, there was an incident where Fetterman pulled a shotgun on a black jogger who he thought was a danger to the community. It appears the guy wasn't doing anything wrong at that time, but subsequently he is currently doing prison time for an unrelated incident that involved kidnapping for ransom, terroristic threats and other related charges.

where have you heard biden hinting at cutting social programs? if this is true and he does he is the stupidest democrat in history and completely blind to the causes of social unrest today.
He's talked about it in the past. Not so much lately for obvious reasons. If he tries to do that type of deal with Republicans, yes, he would be the dumbest Democrat ever. I seriously doubt he will though, even if he is ideologically inclined to do so. It would be political suicide and would screw Democrats going forward...

I'm not a fan of his fixation on marijuana legalization, but I like just about everything else I've seen from him.

The best part is that the inevitable identity politics attacks from right wingers (i.e. "he's a soy boy cuck derherherher") won't really play on a 6'8 300bs former college football player.
Yeah, pretty tough to paint him as a limp wristed weakling lmao
Dude looks like the boss for a biker themed video game

Last edited:
He's talked about it in the past. Not so much lately for obvious reasons. If he tries to do that type of deal with Republicans, yes, he would be the dumbest Democrat ever. I seriously doubt he will though, even if he is ideologically inclined to do so. It would be political suicide and would screw Democrats going forward...

gotcha man. i am aware of bidens terrible history on this and many other issues but it spooked me when you said it because i assumed he had said it currently. i think it would be a dangerously serious misread of what is going on in this country for biden to do anything along those lines today.

i am blown away how the republicans have no policy positions and literally nothing to add to solving these and most other problems.

the republican party is an empty vacuous mess.
How's your "war on poverty" going? It has cost $23 trillion without putting a dent in the poverty numbers. The states and cities that have gone even further with your little plans and have the highest taxes have the highest gini coefficients in the country, so maybe you guys should sit this one out if you can't admit that taxing the fuck out of everyone has been an abysmal failure and only made problems you're pretending to solve worse, and you clowns think "yep, more of the same should fix it"

Here are the 5 places above the national average gini coefficient. Is that republicans' fault too? NY and California are just 2 states out of 50, yet have half the country's homeless population and over 1/3 of the billionaires. Congrats, your high tax plans are going great.
48 California 0.4899
49 Connecticut 0.4945
50 Louisiana 0.4990
51 New York 0.5229
52 District of Columbia 0.5420

Last edited:
gotcha man. i am aware of bidens terrible history on this and many other issues but it spooked me when you said it because i assumed he had said it currently. i think it would be a dangerously serious misread of what is going on in this country for biden to do anything along those lines today.
That was actually @PEB. I was just setting the record straight. ;)

John hits an amazing tone and is quickly becoming compared to Bernie Sanders and has an amazing future. Unlike AOC who has been picked on every time it's hard to go after him because he is as tied to the working class his history as shown. He is everything that a Bernie Sanders 2.0 needs to be but will need time in the Senate to establish himself without needing 30 years like Bernie.

merlin_180251631_33997bb7-0605-4e49-940f-878d480ffcd1-threeByTwoSmallAt2X.jpg

b5951d38-8587-45f2-a482-e28819b2c27f-VPC_PA_LT._GOV._WIFE_RECORDS_RACIST_REMARK_DESK_THUMB.jpg

As a Scott, I hespect that forehead/scowl. Would judge people harshly with him.

Yeah, pretty tough to pain him as a limp wristed weakling lmao
Dude looks like the boss for a biker themed video game

It sucks that that is something that I genuinely feel the need to factor into my political calculus, but here we are.

How's your "war on poverty" going? It has cost $23 trillion without putting a dent in the poverty numbers. The states and cities that have gone even further with your little plans and have the highest taxes have the highest gini coefficients in the country, so maybe you guys should sit this one out if you can't admit that taxing the fuck out of everyone has been an abysmal failure and only made problems you're pretending to solve worse, and you clowns think "yep, more of the same should fix it"

Here are the 5 places above the national average gini coefficient. Is that republicans' fault too? NY and California are just 2 states out of 50, yet have half the country's homeless population and over 1/3 of the billionaires. Congrats, your high tax plans are going great.
Ya let's blow trillions on useless wars in the middle east instead

Ya let's blow trillions on useless wars in the middle east instead
<JagsKiddingMe>

What on earth does that have to do with the welfare state being a total failure? When have seen me arguing for more retarded wars? Confiscating money and lighting it on fire to nobody's benefit seems to be one of the few things with bipartisan support, and you just voted against the guy who didn't start any wars and tried to withdraw from the ones he inherited. Kind of sounds like you just heard that from some alt commentator and wanted to shoehorn it in where it doesn't make sense. Pointing to useless spending to justify more useless spending is not an argument. We're talking about the efficacy of a high tax welfare state, and it doesn't work to solve "income inequality". Making new businesses easier to start and operate is what solves it faster, and throwing up more barriers and freezing the corporate state in place does more harm than good.

<JagsKiddingMe>

What on earth does that have to do with the welfare state being a total failure? When have seen me arguing for more retarded wars? Confiscating money and lighting it on fire to nobody's benefit seems to be one of the few things with bipartisan support, and you just voted against the guy who didn't start any wars and tried to withdraw from the ones he inherited. Kind of sounds like you just heard that from some alt commentator and wanted to shoehorn it in where it doesn't make sense. Pointing to useless spending to justify more useless spending is not an argument. We're talking about the efficacy of a high tax welfare state, and it doesn't work to solve "income inequality". Making new businesses easier to start and operate is what solves it faster, and throwing up more barriers and freezing the corporate state in place does more harm than good.

Nobody wants there to be a welfare state. If you provide people with a decent standard of living then there is no reason for anyone to go on welfare. People are making 10 bucks or less than that in this country, there simply is no way to survive on that without government assistance. I'm not a fan of welfare either but because this system so heavily favors the rich and hates the poor we absolutely need welfare to prevent people from living on the streets and potentially committing crime to make money.

6'8"
harvard grad
tidy little wife

it's too bad he only benches 250 or he could've been permitted to post here

<Fedor23>

She's 5'6", that's not really tiny. He is just so massive it makes her appear that way.

Reactions: PEB
He looks like someone that would play Satan in a movie.

Back