Elections John Fetterman is becoming Bernie Sanders 2.0

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
John hits an amazing tone and is quickly becoming compared to Bernie Sanders and has an amazing future. Unlike AOC who has been picked on every time it's hard to go after him because he is as tied to the working class his history as shown. He is everything that a Bernie Sanders 2.0 needs to be but will need time in the Senate to establish himself without needing 30 years like Bernie.

merlin_180251631_33997bb7-0605-4e49-940f-878d480ffcd1-threeByTwoSmallAt2X.jpg

b5951d38-8587-45f2-a482-e28819b2c27f-VPC_PA_LT._GOV._WIFE_RECORDS_RACIST_REMARK_DESK_THUMB.jpg

I heard a bunch of complaints in the ad, most of which were valid complaints, but nothing about how he intends to solve them. If he's "Bernie 2.0", and his plans are to exploit envy just to peddle books about 100 year old policies that ruined countries on 5 continents to buy a few more houses, no thanks. If he has plans that don't involve jacking up everyone's taxes and bankrupting industries, he might be a good addition to the senate.

If he has plans that don't involve jacking up everyone's taxes and bankrupting industries, he might be a good addition to the senate.

Translation: "If Fetterman's solutions don't involve cutting taxes on the rich and gutting the social safety net we will know he's just another Marxist crank."

I saw an interview conducted by MSNBC a few days ago.

MSNBC: "Do you think you could win a state-wide election?"
Fetterman: "I'm the Lt. Gov. I have already won a state-wide election."
MSNBC: "Do you wish to get rid of the filibuster?"
Fetterman: "At the heart of this argument is not the filibuster, it's about $15 minimum wage. This isn't about senate tradition."
MSNBC: "Are you too progressive for Pennsylvania?"
Fetterman: "Pennsylvania elected me."

Translation: "If Fetterman's solutions don't involve cutting taxes on the rich and gutting the social safety net we will know he's just another Marxist crank."
What a wonderful example of the envy I mentioned Bernie was exploiting for personal gain. What kind of loser cares more about someone else's tax rates than their own? You sound like one of the clowns on WSB who lost their shirt buying GME at $350, are down 80% of their life savings and try to pretend they stuck it to the man by going broke. Sure you'll be long term unemployed, have a shitty public version of everything, and small businesses will be gone, but at least someone you'll never meet might be paying a few points more in taxes.

I heard a bunch of complaints in the ad, most of which were valid complaints, but nothing about how he intends to solve them. If he's "Bernie 2.0", and his plans are to exploit envy just to peddle books about 100 year old policies that ruined countries on 5 continents to buy a few more houses, no thanks. If he has plans that don't involve jacking up everyone's taxes and bankrupting industries, he might be a good addition to the senate.
Then you will love that Biden is proposing "Pay as you go" and this with the notion he plans on not raising taxes for 2 years but has hinted in social cuts to pay for the 1.9 trillion dollar stimulus.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/13/biden-cuts-medicare-farm-aid-468895

Then you will love that Biden is proposing "Pay as you go" and this with the notion he plans on not raising taxes for 2 years but has hinted in social cuts to pay for the 1.9 trillion dollar stimulus.

"
The budget gambit Democrats are embracing to fast-track President Joe Biden’s $1.9 trillion pandemic aid plan will trigger billions of dollars in cuts to critical programs.

Top Democrats are already shrugging off the threat, insistent that Congress will once again act in time to head off the slashing to programs like Medicare and farm subsidies — a byproduct of using the reconciliation process. But in that high-stakes trust fall, Democrats will be relying on the Senate Republicans they are now spurning.

"

The budget gambit Democrats are embracing to fast-track President Joe Biden’s $1.9T pandemic aid plan will trigger billions of dollars in reeducations to critical programs.
<Moyes5>

I hope that's just sloppy editing from politico and they meant "reductions".

Let's see what the cuts are. I've said for years that they could cut some out of medicare, but that means cutting the top 10-20% out who don't need it, not keeping everyone on it and just cutting all their coverage by 10-20%.

What a wonderful example of the envy I mentioned Bernie was exploiting for personal gain. What kind of loser cares more about someone else's tax rates than their own? You sound like one of the clowns on WSB who lost their shirt buying GME at $350, are down 80% of their life savings and try to pretend they stuck it to the man by going broke. Sure you'll be long term unemployed, have a shitty public version of everything, and small businesses will be gone, but at least someone you'll never meet might be paying a few points more in taxes.

This is your classic right wing "everyone who is concerned about the systemic effects income and wealth inequality have on society is just jealous of 'successful' people". One of the many deep political takes offered by the conservative brain trust in America.

This is your classic right wing "everyone who is concerned about the systemic effects income and wealth inequality have on society is just jealous of 'successful' people". One of the many deep political takes offered by the conservative brain trust in America.
Yeah, that's exactly what it is if you're willing to hammer the middle class just because Bernie said "muh 1%" enough times to convince you that's who you're attacking.

i am blown away how the republicans have no policy positions and literally nothing to add to solving these and most other problems.

the republican party is an empty vacuous mess.

Back