John Dodson is not ready

has dodson talked about a move back to 135 at all im curious as im sure everyone else is after tj winning the belt

He won the first 2 rounds of the last one, and if a point was taken for a illegal knee (THAT WAS THROWN ON PURPOSE) we would have already seen the rematch.
What a wanker you are. DJ was looking straight ahead and had no awareness of where Dodson's hand was. How 'bout John stop gaming the system with that bullshit hand on the mat tactic?

Also, while he's at it, stop milking nut shots to the body.

Considering that he made it quite clear to John McCarthy that he didn't even know you couldn't knee a opponent with his hand on the mat, sort of ruins your argument.

If he didn't know it was a rule, he did throw it on purpose, and if he threw an illegal strike on purpose, he should have lost a point. Making it a 47-47 score.

TJ wasn't ready for Barao either.

Yup.

"That's why they play the game" comes to mind. A big reason to watch sports is to see the little guy/underdog win. Which makes us question if the underdog really was the underdog.

Considering that he made it quite clear to John McCarthy that he didn't even know you couldn't knee a opponent with his hand on the mat, sort of ruins your argument.
What the hell are you talking about? You think Demetrious Johnson, a champion in the UFC, doesn't know the rules of the octagon?

Dodson 'caught' Mighty Mouse at least three times. He sent him to the canvas throughout rounds 1 and 2. Conditioning though.

DJ_Dodson_1_ctjshqdq_b0uo80kg.gif

I would without a doubt like to see John Dodson Vs Joesph Benavidez if Dodson can defeat Benavidez I think he's ready for a rematch for sure.

A Dodson/MM rematch is something I want to see desperately (assuming MM beats Bagautinov)

Dodson had no problem tagging MM last time, what he needs to do is work on his cardio. MM's more technical, and better conditioned while Dodson is bigger and harder hitting, I'd say they're about equal for speed.

EXACTLY. Dodson hurt Johnson more than once and only lost because he was gassed in the last round. Mighty Mouse basically just held on to him and kneed him, and Dodson was just to tired to do anything.

I'd like to see Dodson be a bit more aggressive in general instead of just waiting for openings to try to explode. Even if he improves his cardio, nobody is going to beat DJ's cardio. At least not the guys who have the best chance against him. Maybe there are some little known flyweights with equally sick gas-tanks but Dodson has the two weapons needed the most to try to beat DJ; speed and power. But you can't wait on the guy or he picks you apart and wears you down. If John fights smart but really aggressive, I think he has the best chance.

I think he just needs to work on his defensive movement if he's going to use his hands that much. He's got the speed and power but I think he would totally kill if he used more traditional boxing movement. I loved them step knees tho.

You can't only give title shots if the guy is gonna be the favourite over the champ.

Exactly

Even though there have been some really lop-sided title shots given a bit too loosely IMO, you never know in MMA. Especially when the gap isn't huge. Dodson is definitely good enough to be considered not only a legit contender but a dangerous one. The champs tend to be champs for a reason but nobody is unbeatable.

LOL doesn't have the footwork to hit Mighty Mouse. Didn't he drop him at least once every round? (excluding the last 2)

He came real close to finishing MM the first time (I still think he could have if he went for it). Dodson is always ready. And if he works on his cardio, he's taking that belt.

Its not that he doesnt have the footwork to hit MM. He definitely has the footwork but he's not elusive enough in terms of mixing up his shots. he generally doesnt throw much on the back foot(where a jab has the most defensive effect) which leaves him open when moving out of DJ's range and almost everything he throws is meant to take your head off. In the first fight he only threw 6 jabs out of 71 strikes. Also he's been talking about focussing on increasing the accuracy of his power shots but the thing is that if everyone knows to run when they see you comming forward it makes that harder. He needs to mix it up. I love his energy and his attitude and wish that the Wink/Jackson camp was reading this because its what seperates him from DJ at the moment.

Last edited:
I pretty much agree. I can't believe people actually like Dodson on here. I assumed after middle school I wouldn't see anyone acting that desperate for attention.

Dodson beat MM on the outside in their first fight. MM took over when he started to fight inside and in the MT clinch in particular

I pretty much agree. I can't believe people actually like Dodson on here.

Has nothing to do with whether or not Dodson is ready to face DJ. Mighty Mouse will be the rightful favorite, but Dodson is absolutley title fight worthy. He knocked the champ down twice in 25 seconds
DJ_Dodson_1_ctjshqdq_b0uo80kg.gif

Back