John Danaher

A friend of mine and I dropped by for his Tuesday at 1pm class and had a really good time. His teaching was detailed and made sense, the techniques were cool and his physical demonstration was very very smooth and effortless looking. Definitely a great class. Plus there were tons of tough dudes to roll with there. I liked the fact that there was an equal emphasis placed on standing technique and ground technique and that sparring started from standup. Plus there were plenty of friendly folks there to make you feel comfortable.

If you are in the area, definitely check it out!

Just attended a seminar by John Danaher at the Serra Acadamey. It was an amazing seminar on leg locks specifically Achilies and Heel Hook submissions. VERY detailed about the anatomy of the submission as well as theory of the move. Very impressed he is one of the best instructors i have ever had the opportunity to learn from and such an innovator of Jujitsu. If you see a seminar near you with this man i would strongly advise you to take up that opportunity.

P.S This is not John Danaher :)

a guy from my academy went to one of the seminars he did recently, he had nothing but good things to say about him and how it felt like being in a college class learning from a professor.

a guy from my academy went to one of the seminars he did recently, he had nothing but good things to say about him and how it felt like being in a college class learning from a professor.

From my knowledge, he actually want a professor at Columbia (Philosophy I think).

If your in NY and you don't train with the man, you are F'ng nuts.

Its like would you pass up playing basketball with Michael Jordan to play with some dudes at the park?

From my knowledge, he actually want a professor at Columbia (Philosophy I think).

If your in NY and you don't train with the man, you are F'ng nuts.

Its like would you pass up playing basketball with Michael Jordan to play with some dudes at the park?

Yeah I am pretty sure he is a professor there, but def dont give up the chance.

Back