Joe Silvas shoes... Top fights to make in each weight division right now

Peyow

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Im leaving alone the flyweight division because I dont know what to do with it. DJs just way too good. Also GSP and Ronda arent included here because who knows when they will be back if at all...

HEAVYWEIGHT: Dos Santos vs Hunt
The first fight was pretty epic. Put this one in Melbourne. Hunt has never lost a rematch and only ever lost in Aussie once(to the current heavyweight champ)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT: DC vs Rumble
Simpy because I think Rumble is more deserving at this point. This also frees up Jones for the Gustafsson rematch

MIDDLEWEIGHT: Weidman vs Rockhold @UFC 205
These 2 still hate each other so it still makes sense and still sells. Rockhold would be arrogant enough to actualy want to fight Weidman in his own backyard and would enjoy playing the bad guy

WELTERWEIGHT: Robbie Lawler vs Nick Diaz
Now that Lawler isnt the champ, I dont see any reason why not to make this fight. Its the welterweight fight we all want to see

LIGHTWEIGHT: Eddie vs Conor
Pretty much cause im the biggest Conor nuthugging fanboy around. I want to see him as a dual world champion but if he is to do so he needs to strike now. Even I know he has practically zero chance against Khabib. Strip him of his featherweight title if they must. He can beat Eddie then go back down, beat whoever the champ at featherweight is and have the Cruz superfight (avoiding Khabib and holding up the lightweight division in the process)

FEATHERWEIGHT: Aldo vs Holloway
If Conor is to go after the lightweight belt then this is the fight to make. Holloways the obvious next in line behind Aldo. This gets the division moving along again

BANTAMWEIGHT: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt
Honestly this was the toughest one. TJ is the obvious number 1 contender right now but i dont like him and the cruz/cody matchup intrigues me. Garbrandt hasnt really earned that shot yet though. Therefore, let him be Urijahs hitman and put these 2 in a title eliminator. Im sure Cruz wont mind waiting

WOMENS BANTAMWEIGHT: Nunes vs Peña
Assuming that Ronda is still a while away from returning, this is the title fight i would like to see. Let Brazils first womens champion defend her belt in her home country against the Venezuelan Vixen

WOMENS STRAWWEIGHT: Joanna vs Karolina
After Karolina beat Rose she became the number 1 contender. Have a fight night in Poland with this as the main event

Cain Vs Hunt

Rumble Vs Jones

Weidman Vs Romero

GSP Vs Silva (at 178lbs)

T-Wood Vs Wonderboy
Nick Diaz Vs Lawler 2

Eddie Vs Conor

Aldo Vs Holloway

Cruz Vs Garbrandt

Joe Silva doesn't do the matchmaking in the lower weight classes.

I thought this thread would showcase some epic footwear.

I agree with every match TS. Rumor is Diaz interested in the Lawler fight which doesn't make sense.

Cain vs Nelson

Rumble vs Jones

Rockhold vs Jacare

Diaz vs Lawler 2

Cowboy vs Khabib

Holloway vs Edgar

For the champs I'd do:

Fly: DJ v TUF winner
BW: Cruz v TJ 2
FW: Conor v Aldo
LW: Alvarez v Cerrone
WW: Woodley v Wonderboy
MW already has a fight
LHW: DC v Rumble 2
HW already has a fight

Came here for platform shoes

You blew your wad

Last edited:
Im leaving alone the flyweight division because I dont know what to do with it. DJs just way too good. Also GSP and Ronda arent included here because who knows when they will be back if at all...

The first fight was pretty epic. Put this one in Melbourne. Hunt has never lost a rematch and only ever lost in Aussie once(to the current heavyweight champ)

Simpy because I think Rumble is more deserving at this point. This also frees up Jones for the Gustafsson rematch

These 2 still hate each other so it still makes sense and still sells. Rockhold would be arrogant enough to actualy want to fight Weidman in his own backyard and would enjoy playing the bad guy

Now that Lawler isnt the champ, I dont see any reason why not to make this fight. Its the welterweight fight we all want to see

Pretty much cause im the biggest Conor nuthugging fanboy around. I want to see him as a dual world champion but if he is to do so he needs to strike now. Even I know he has practically zero chance against Khabib. Strip him of his featherweight title if they must. He can beat Eddie then go back down, beat whoever the champ at featherweight is and have the Cruz superfight (avoiding Khabib and holding up the lightweight division in the process)

If Conor is to go after the lightweight belt then this is the fight to make. Holloways the obvious next in line behind Aldo. This gets the division moving along again

Honestly this was the toughest one. TJ is the obvious number 1 contender right now but i dont like him and the cruz/cody matchup intrigues me. Garbrandt hasnt really earned that shot yet though. Therefore, let him be Urijahs hitman and put these 2 in a title eliminator. Im sure Cruz wont mind waiting

Assuming that Ronda is still a while away from returning, this is the title fight i would like to see. Let Brazils first womens champion defend her belt in her home country against the Venezuelan Vixen

After Karolina beat Rose she became the number 1 contender. Have a fight night in Poland with this as the main event

I agree with this whole list aside from heavyweight. Waiting for UFC 203, but the fight to make is Cain vs Overeem or Cain vs Stipe in that division.

- Wtf ? No, LOL ! JDS deserves bigger fish !

- Hahaha. No.

- GTFO ! Oh wait, maybe yes...

- Oh FUCKING BLOOD GOD YES

- I would watch.. And I would LOL

- Yes

- Vs. Who ?

- Who vs. Who ?

- Wake me up on Berserk episode

Came in here expecting platforms for the little fella

Cruz-Garbrandt
Aldo-Mcgregor
Eddie-Ferguson
T-Wood-GSP (sorry Wonderboy, give him Nick Diaz to ease the sting and give him an easy but popularity building win)
Bisping-Yoel, Jacare-Rockhold Weidman-Tim Kennedy
DC-Rumble
Stipe-Overeem (they already have this one right)

Overeem vs Cain, Rumble vs Jones, Rockhold vs Souza 2, Nate vs Woodley, Eddie vs Khabib, Aldo vs Pettis

HW - Cain/Stipe, Hunt/Lewis
LHW - Gus/Glover
MW - Weidman/Jacare & Rockhold/Romero
WW - Wonderboy/Condit, Cowboy/Brown, Cowboy/Means, Ponzinibbio/Means, so many more
LW - Conor/Alvarez, Conor/Ferguson, Ferguson/Nate, Barboza/Khabib, Aldo/Khabib and again so many more
FW - Choi/Stephens, Ortega/Amirkhani, Ortega/Yahya, Ortega/Hall, Bermudez/Bektic
BW - Dillashaw/Faber, Garbrandt/Wineland, Almeida/MdDonald, Sterling/Assuncao
FLW - Borg/Smolka

Using the guys currently unscheduled, if possible:

Flyweight
Essentially Wilson Reis twiddling his thumbs watching the other fights pan out.

Bantamweight
Dominick Cruz vs. TJ Dillashaw II (Title)
Cody Garbrandt vs. Bryan Caraway (title eliminator)

Featherweight
Conor McGregor vs. Jose Aldo II (Title)
Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar
Dennis Bermudez vs. Cub Swanson
Jeremy Stephens vs. Doo Ho Choi

Lightweight
Eddie Alvarez vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov (Title)
Edson Barboza vs. Michael Chiesa (out of necessity unless Edson waits for the winner of Poirier/Johnson)

Welterweight
Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson (Title)
Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Lorenz Larkin vs. Jake Ellenberger

Middleweight
Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
Jacare vs. Luke Rockhold II

Light Heavyweight
Daniel Cormier (wait)
Anthony Johnson vs. Jon Jones

Heavyweight
See how the chips fall from upcoming fights, Cain definitely fights for the belt.

HW: Stipe / Overeem VS Cain
JDS VS Werdum 2

LHW:
Cormier VS Rumble 2
Jones VS Gustaffson 2

MW:
Bisping is fighting Hendo so hes busy
Weidman VS Jacare
Rockhold VS Belfort win or lose agianst Mousasi
Anderson Silva VS Uriah Hall win or lose agaist Brunson

WW:
Woodley VS Thompson
Lawler VS Nick Diaz

LW:
Alvarez VS McGregor
Cerrone VS Khabib

FW:
Aldo VS Holloway
Edgar VS Bermudez
Stephens VS Swanson

BW:
Cruz VS Dillashaw
Garbrrandt VS Caraway

Fly:
Pretty much all the top FLYs have fights lined up right now

HW:
Arlovski V Hunt
Nelson V Browne
Barnett V Lewis

LHW:
Gustafson V Jones 2
Rumble V Cormier 2
Gustafson V Glover
Rua V Evans

MW:
Romero V Rockhold
Jacare V Weidman
Silvs V Belfort V Mousasi (anyone of these)

WW:
Wonderboy V Woodley
Lawler V Cerrone
Nelson V Larkin

LW:
Alvarez V Khabib
RDA V Barboza
Johnson V Melendez
Poirier V Brooks

FW:
Aldo V Holloway
Pettis V Edgar