Joe Rogan's World class Side kick

gb@Trumpski

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So Rogan or his guests have bought up his side kick several times.

We had john Danaher ( I think) saying how he asked rogan for a tip on who to go to to get world clas tuition for GSP on the side kick, and Rogan said that he hhad a excellent one, and danager said later that he was hoping that rogan would volunteer himself. We have zahabi (I think) complementing it too, and certainly GSP did. Also Rogan taught Brian callen the secrets too, and it basically consisted of raisign the knee up tightly to the body before extending it, compared to extending it early for quick impact

Now I am the quintessential couch potato. However at the risk of further sterotypign myself with "what the hell, that is so basic" mindset, I will say: "WTH that is so basic". Ishinryu karate, was doing that as 12 year old. (24 years ago)

How the hell can these so called world class fighters not know or figure out something so utterly basic.

What a fucking shit thread.

Taco-Back FAIL level

aGNA4oxbQEGevOn14XUz_Fence%20Flip%20Fail.gif

There's exposure and sponsorships to be had if you suck up to the guy with the million-dollar podcast.

All those moviestars really seemed to like Jay Leno aswell, go figure.

as an example

utterly simple move a child can modify by thinking about himself, and all these world clas coaches from MMA didn't know about it.

Not side kick but Hogan s kicking game is top notch

as an example

utterly simple move a child can modify by thinking about himself, and all these world clas coaches from MMA didn't know about it.

What the hell is that karate nerd doing? What's the situation where you're facing forward, but then kicking to the side? The side kick goes forward, not to the side.

The side kick is my favorite strike. I can tell you from training and studying there are lots of ways to maximize the power of your side kick. The nuances of the move are important to notice. Giving your knee room to move up and actually bending it so you can then extend it is often critical, but perhaps the most crucial thing to a nasty side kick is easy to overlook. Like nearly all strikes, the true power comes from your 'dan tien' - basically your lower abdomen region. When your foot is making contact with the opponent, snap your hips forward and into the kick. Your back foot should turn about 90 degrees with the snap. It's not an obvious thing, but absolutely critical for turning a 'pushing' motion into one that impacts and disperses the energy onward into the target, and leaving your foot relaxed in the aftermath. If you are tense, you will simply get a pneumatic force of motion with your leg muscles and that's about it. All great strikes start from the ground. Feel the energy with your back foot, slide up, and send that energy through you and out with your striking foot: Hayahhh!!!

Last edited:
I know that was a lot.

I'm really into side kicks

What the hell is that karate nerd doing? What's the situation where you're facing forward, but then kicking to the side? The side kick goes forward, not to the side.
I agree his was not a thrust. I was taught to do it with a thrust ,but that was first video I saw on youtube to illustrate it.

The side kick is my favorite strike. I can tell you from training and studying there are lots of ways to maximize the power of your side kick. The nuances of the move are important to notice. Giving your knee room to move up and actually bending it so you can then extend it is often critical, but perhaps the most crucial thing to a nasty side kick is easy to overlook. Like nearly all strikes, the true power comes from your 'dan tien' - basically your lower abdomen region. When your foot is making contact with the opponent, snap your hips forward and into the kick. Your back foot should turn about 90 degrees with the snap. It's not an obvious thing, but absolutely critical for turning a 'pushing' motion into one that impacts and disperses the energy onward into the target, and leaving your foot relaxed in the aftermath. If you are tense, you will simply get a pneumatic force of motion with your leg muscles and that's about it. All great strikes start from the ground. Feel the energy with your back foot, slide up, and send that energy through you and out with your striking foot: Hayahhh!!!
yes your base foot will rotate to point backwards

even if someone wasn't taught it, it takes a few practice kicks to vary how you do it, and very quikclyuit becomes apparent that this is the most powerful strike, your whoel body lock into it and you can feel the room shake

even if someone wasn't taught it, it takes a few practice kicks to vary how you do it, and very quikclyuit becomes apparent that this is the most powerful strike, your whoel body lock into it and you can feel the room shake
Fuck yeah bud, I'm hearin ya!

Hell I turn some of my front kicks into side kicks, give that a try next time you're in the gym. It's great because its already got that snapping motion on it since your foot started damn near your buttocks for the front kick, then halfway through just turn that baby on into a side kick and pop your hips/rotate your back foot around the same time you're making contact. With the 'snap' and the 'thrust' put together, the force is well above a regular front kick, and it usually catches em off-guard. I dig em, give it a shot if you feel frisky

Its not that other fighters cant do something "so basic" its that most UFC fighters arent on that TRT... Those that are on it...Well they have the powaaaa of the keek.
... ahem.

trt meme.jpg

Back