Joe Rogan's World class Side kick

What the hell is that karate nerd doing? What's the situation where you're facing forward, but then kicking to the side? The side kick goes forward, not to the side.

If you are in the Wonderboy karate stance, you can move sideways into an opponent and throw that kick. But yeah, he looks stooopid with his face turned away from the direction he is going to kick.

If you are in the Wonderboy karate stance, you can move sideways into an opponent and throw that kick. But yeah, he looks stooopid with his face turned away from the direction he is going to kick.
Yeah but that's just a difference in stance. Wonderboy's still facing the opponent and kicking forward, towards the opponent. That guy's facing the opponent with his hands up, but then kicking to the side like you said too, and it makes no sense whatsoever.

So Rogan or his guests have bought up his side kick several times.

We had john Danaher ( I think) saying how he asked rogan for a tip on who to go to to get world clas tuition for GSP on the side kick, and Rogan said that he hhad a excellent one, and danager said later that he was hoping that rogan would volunteer himself. We have zahabi (I think) complementing it too, and certainly GSP did. Also Rogan taught Brian callen the secrets too, and it basically consisted of raisign the knee up tightly to the body before extending it, compared to extending it early for quick impact

Now I am the quintessential couch potato. However at the risk of further sterotypign myself with "what the hell, that is so basic" mindset, I will say: "WTH that is so basic". Ishinryu karate, was doing that as 12 year old. (24 years ago)

How the hell can these so called world class fighters not know or figure out something so utterly basic.
Throwing the spinning side kick is only half the battle. Keeping on balance and maintaining power like Rogan has takes a professional. Why have someone teach you how to punch? It's a pretty basic thing right? Wrong, if you're not technically punching right it can be a disaster, same with spinning side kicks otherwise no one would have trainers.

Back