• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Joe Rogan Shows Off His Kickboxing Skills In Recent Video

My favorite (I coach folk style wrestling) is the dad's in the stands yelling "Just get up...., just get up" when the other kid is multi time state medalist with hooks in and a power half tweaking the kid's neck in positions that would break their never used neck. I've had some crazy discussions with dads.

Edit: Just this past season I had to ban a dad from coming to practice, good times.

Hahaha, I love that. As if when you're on bottom getting power halfed your #1 goal isn't get the fuck up.

For me, I love MT and footwork/movement in a nerdy way. When I see people saying "he's telegraphing!" I'm like: yes, from a 3rd person god perspective you can see telegraphs that you cannot always see as the opponent. People also have feints that they throw on strikes to build a reaction from the "telegraph" and then they remove the feint after a few set ups. I'm not particularly good at that but a lot of the higher level guys I know that are successful in competition/tournaments do that.

Anyway, all this to say when you type on a karate forum youtube/IG comment level analysis you don't sound smart you sound like a jagoff.

Good on you for coaching kids in wrestling man. It's a great character builder.

Kickboxing is sparring, not bag work.

Enormous difference.

<brucenod>

My favorite (I coach folk style wrestling) is the dad's in the stands yelling "Just get up...., just get up" when the other kid is multi time state medalist with hooks in and a power half tweaking the kid's neck in positions that would break their never used neck. I've had some crazy discussions with dads.

Edit: Just this past season I had to ban a dad from coming to practice, good times.

Yeah both dads and moms can be bad. Possibly worse is the obese mom with a black "My wallet is empty but my heart is full... I'm a Wrestling Mom" printed t-shirt screaming like a banshee when she obviously has no fucking clue.

But the worst is the dad who shits on his kid for losing. At one of the tournaments last season, one of the other wrestling dads refused to hug or acknowledge his 7 yo after his match and was like "If you ever wrestle like that again, I'm going to make you wear a tutu." His kid was obviously already down on himself and that just made him feel even more like shit.

Last edited:
Yeah both dads and moms can be bad. Possibly worse is the obese mom with a black "My wallet is empty but my heart is full... I'm a Wrestling Mom" printed t-shirt screaming like a banshee when she obviously has no fucking clue.

But the worst is the dad who shits on his kid for losing. At one of the tournaments last season, one of the other wrestling dads refused to hug or acknowledge his 7 yo after his match and was like "If you ever wrestle like that again, I'm going to make you wear a tutu."

This bothers me so much. My daughter is turning 7 and has been doing MT/BJJ for nearly 3 years and the BJJ includes basic wrestling. When she gives suboptimal effort it's never a point of denigration, it's a point of refocusing -- a time to let her know I still love her as much as ever and want to see her do better, not that I'm ashamed of her. FFS, what are you gonna do when your kid REALLY fucks up? lol

I mean, yeah, good power in those kicks and digs in with the hooks, too. It’s like 10 second clip, so I’m not sure why people are analyzing it. I can go slap a heavy bag around for a few minutes and crop a few second clip where I look like a world beater lol

He’s always putting the work in, that’s a good example for people. Go do shit, guys!

Didn't take u for a slap head fam das lit good fi u fam welcome to di brotherhood 💯 🔥 👋 💥

This bothers me so much. My daughter is turning 7 and has been doing MT/BJJ for nearly 3 years and the BJJ includes basic wrestling. When she gives suboptimal effort it's never a point of denigration, it's a point of refocusing -- a time to let her know I still love her as much as ever and want to see her do better, not that I'm ashamed of her. FFS, what are you gonna do when your kid REALLY fucks up? lol

Yeah I try to keep things in perspective. My son is 8, started training when he was 5 and has been competing in BJJ and wrestling for about a year and I've cornered him for both whenever his main coaches aren't available. I didn't start wrestling until HS but even at that age, competition was gut check time. For a 7 yo, getting out there with all the coaches and parents screaming, whistles being blown, other kids crying and of course the fear of losing, it's like a fucking warzone and is scary AF. I can't imagine being anything other than fully supportive of my kid just for having the stones to go out there and do it.

Last edited:
when-push-comes-to-shove

Yeah I try to keep things in perspective. My son is 8, started training when he was 5 and has been competing in BJJ and wrestling for about a year and I've cornered him for both whenever his main coaches aren't available. I didn't start wrestling until HS but even at that age, competition was gut check time. For a 7 yo, getting out there with all the coaches and parents screaming, whistles being blown, other kids crying and of course the fear of losing, it's like a fucking warzone and is scary AF. I can't imagine being anything other than fully supportive of my kid just for having the stones to go out there and do it.

My son graduated a couple of years ago and damn do I miss him wrestling. He was legit, state medalist, three time qualifier, and gritty (he was well short of elite so he had to be). Coaching young men is such a privilege, I mean that. I would relive his final two years for all eternity if I could. Enjoy it my man, because it is a special special time.

I felt that kick he threw. He's probably regretting it the next day. Getting old blows. Still impressive.

He looks ready to bully someone in the gym (his greatest fighting "accomplishment").

That is 100% the right attitude. I mentioned to a dad on our team that my son and I started breaking down video tape when he was in middle school. He was flabbergasted because his son would never sit through a video review. I know why, the man was incapable of civil discussion. My son and I discussed his matches and I talked to him like an adult, civilly, not with emotion or me putting him down for making a mistake. We simply discussed the match and what could have went better and what went well. By the time he was wrapping up high school he was waiting on me to get home so we could discuss tactics and do some video review. Not to get sappy, but I miss it.

Can barely see what's going on because of the camera angle.

Wonder if he has any defense. Also makes me wish there's a such thing as milf gymnasts that are masters of the floor routine. Excellent form and technique is something I always appreciate. Well done Yoe Hogan.CreamyKindheartedIguana-size_restricted.gif

My son graduated a couple of years ago and damn do I miss him wrestling. He was legit, state medalist, three time qualifier, and gritty (he was well short of elite so he had to be). Coaching young men is such a privilege, I mean that. I would relive his final two years for all eternity if I could. Enjoy it my man, because it is a special special time.

Congrats on raising a productive young man. I'm still early in that process but so far it's been great father/son time. I don't care what anyone else says, wrestling is the toughest damn sport around and if you do it right, you can learn valuable lessons for life.

That is 100% the right attitude. I mentioned to a dad on our team that my son and I started breaking down video tape when he was in middle school. He was flabbergasted because his son would never sit through a video review. I know why, the man was incapable of civil discussion. My son and I discussed his matches and I talked to him like an adult, civilly, not with emotion or me putting him down for making a mistake. We simply discussed the match and what could have went better and what went well. By the time he was wrapping up high school he was waiting on me to get home so we could discuss tactics and do some video review. Not to get sappy, but I miss it.

That sounds awesome - you two must have a great relationship. I record my son's matches and always offer to watch them with him when he's ready. He loves to play back his wins for other family members but is less open about losses, but he's getting there. He medaled at the state tournament (went 4-1) at 8U novice but two of his matches could have gone either way - he won one and lost one. But the next day he agreed to watch them with me and I broke everything down for him good and bad. See how high your hips are? That's why you got taken down - it's too late to sprawl now. Great top pressure, you're doing everything right. But see how you're not quite chest to chest and how far over your head is? That's why other kid was able to bridge out. Here, try it on me so you can feel the difference.

He took all of it without making excuses (like he sometimes does) and actually made the changes in his game. So now when he hits a double leg/outside trip/chin strap go behind in BJJ or wrestling practice, he'll run over after class ends and be like "Dad, I hit the move we talked about!" Honestly feels pretty great and I just hope we can maintain this dynamic as he gets older.

But the worst is the dad who shits on his kid for losing. At one of the tournaments last season, one of the other wrestling dads refused to hug or acknowledge his 7 yo after his match and was like "If you ever wrestle like that again, I'm going to make you wear a tutu." His kid was obviously already down on himself and that just made him feel even more like shit.
Not sure which would be better, a father like that or no father at all. Also, fat cunts suck. I can hear Midwest cunts screaming stupid shit as I type this. Same phrases overly used daily:
Oh their god
Literally
Are you fucking kidding me
Buh row...
download.gif

Back