Joe Rogan on the Reebok deal -vid

Chules

@UVEE's BESTIE 😺
@plutonium
Reaction score
[YT]rMSGMuumwu0&start=3255[/YT]

54:10

Wonder if there will be any repossessions... Dudes spot on though.

Respect to Rogan for speaking out. He also accurately mentions the importance of social media in terms of bringing these issues to light. Tons of posters have taken the stance that taking to Twitter does nothing to help the issue... but public pressure is not negligible.

It's hard to disagree with Joe Rogan here. I'm just worried he might have hurt his career. Much respect.

Rogan is immune. He can say whatever he wants.

The shitstorm that would come from disclipling Rogan in any way would make the Stitchuation look like nothing.

why can't they find a middle ground?....
wear the reebok gear/kit but allow 1-2 private sponsor logos
.... and double the reebok payout!

Wonder if there will be any repossessions... Dudes spot on though.

Schaub implied on the last Fight Companion that Reebok may try and have Rogan and the ring girls wear Reebok too. Rogan wasn't too happy at the thought. I don't really have an opinion on the Reebok deal, but it definitely seems like they (Reebok) completely half-assed it. They "forgot" about the ring girls and Rogan, misspelled some names on the kits, and didn't even both coming up with different color schemes. the trunks are just black/white or white/black. They could at least incorporate some color for, say, the champions...just to distinguish them somewhat, like they do in pro surfing. Just having them all the same colors seems so lazy to me....or whatever.

In - This is huge.

Hopefully they don't impose any sort of punishment on Rogan or there could be massive backlash.

Finally Rogan realizes that the UFC won't fire him to go signing with Bellator.

Sometimes Rogan comes off as a real company man

The more and more stuff like this I see though it makes me believe he is just really passionate about MMA

He's right. They won't fire Joe though, he's a staple of UFC.

Stitch gets fired for simply stating that he's not making as much money since he can't wear his former sponsors.

Rogan says essentially the same thing and no repercussions.

rogan420 has entered the battle.

Stitch: 'The Reebok deal has not been great.' - FIRED!

Rogan: 'The Reebok deal fucking sucks balls.' - no problem

Corporations have circumvented the ideal of Free Speech, and decided that it is based on position.

no holding back, gonna be interesting if he gets in the shit

Stitch: 'The Reebok deal has not been great.' - FIRED!

Rogan: 'The Reebok deal fucking sucks balls.' - no problem

Corporations have circumvented the ideal of Free Speech, and decided that it is based on position.

Well free speech only means you cannot be punished by law for speaking your mind

Doesn't mean you can't lose your job

If the UFC fired Rogan I can't even imagine that shit storm, the Stitch thing actually became huge and I didn't think anyone even knew who he was

Well free speech only means you cannot be punished by law for speaking your mind

Doesn't mean you can't lose your job

If the UFC fired Rogan I can't even imagine that shit storm, the Stitch thing actually became huge and I didn't think anyone even knew who he was

That's why I said "ideal". Ideally, the government should also protect us from repercussions from free speech. They do, when it comes to certain things a company couldn't get away with firing you for saying. Just not for everything.

They won't fire Rogan, not for this anyway. Unlike Stitch, Rogan is worth too much to the UFC. But he ain't making no friends over at Heebok.

Back