Joe Rogan on the Reebok deal -vid

That's why I said "ideal". Ideally, the government should also protect us from repercussions from free speech. They do, when it comes to certain things a company couldn't get away with firing you for saying. Just not for everything.

They won't fire Rogan, not for this anyway. Unlike Stitch, Rogan is worth too much to the UFC. But he ain't making no friends over at Heebok.

For sure the double standard is real

If a guy with one UFC fight says the Reebok deal isn't great for him, then Weidman says the Reebok deal fuckin blows....I bet the guy with one fight gets the worse punishment

For sure the double standard is real

If a guy with one UFC fight says the Reebok deal isn't great for him, then Weidman says the Reebok deal fuckin blows....I bet the guy with one fight gets the worse punishment

Yeah, it sucks. None of this would be an issue if they just paid them more. The Reebok/UFC payout rates are just crazy low.

I like hearing Joe Rogan's opinion on this.

why can't they find a middle ground?....
wear the reebok gear/kit but allow 1-2 private sponsor logos
.... and double the reebok payout!

See, that is what I thought they would do. Rowdy had the Monster Energy Drink logo on her gear. Like that, where Reebok does the printing of the logo. The UFC could have input on how big or simple the sponsorship logos could/should be. Maybe the fighter manager would be the one to work this out with Reebok and Reebok would do the printing, but there has to be a protocol to be followed.

I am happy to not see sponsorship logos falling off during a fight. I think Dynamic Fastener was a catalyst to having the fight gear cleaned up. I like the the uniforms, it really cleans up the look, even though some of the designs leave something to be desired.

I don't like that fighters are losing sponsorship deal because the Reebok deal.

The sponsorship model is now in a radical state of change. Fighter will have to do more for sponsorship money than just wearing their logo into the Octagon. they may have to make appearances, have their face on advertisements or commercials, appear on their website, and fighters actually promoting the sponsor on their own dynamic website.

A fighter should be allowed 1-3 sponsors on their fight gear. Like the fighters biggest sponsors, that are willing to pay a sponsor tax that would cover the cost of Reebok doing the design and printing of the fight gear. Maybe UFC sponsors get first shot at that opportunity. Monster, Budwieser, Corn nuts, etc. could choose fighters to sponsor individually and have their logo on the fight gear.

Fighters should still be able to have some of their own sponsors on their fight gear, within certain rules and parameter, but all other apparel sponsors are prohibited.

IDK what the best way to work it out is. Those were just some ideas I had.

I'm glad Rogan is speaking truth here after some of his shilling lately. One of his buddies must have called him out on the shilling.

Rogan is a UFC yes man at heart, but he's doing the right thing here.

Back