Media Joe Hogan trying to dismantle Yamasaki in a post-fight interview

Stupid clickbait titles. How tf does that qualify as "destroy"? Joe even gave him credit as a "great" ref, as did that little kid. Still, the whole thing looks bush league af.

I remember watching this lol Prater's shoulder was injured, I believe, and that's what really made him unable to continue rather than the questionable shots, which is why it left such a bad taste in our mouths. Very similar to Jones/Hamill.

It was also really weird back then because shit like this would happen and the fighter would be celebrating for 5 minutes and then the decision gets read saying DQ and they're like wtf... very poor communication back in those days.

This interview, and the one with Renan barao post weight cut pass out are joe at his worst. Sure yamisaki fucked up and barao caused a main event to go tits up because he passed out. But this level of thrown under the bus is just so petty it was so cringe to watch.

Yeah he should’ve let him punch him 10x in the back of the head like “The Gold Standard” Herb did for Chandler

Every time I see a video professing Rogan of "destroying' someone, he's usually being a belligerent douche....or just disagreeing with them. Lex Friedman "bats don't have ears" Rogan "I don't agree" DESTROYED

Bad ref decision I remember this. But oh well erick Silva won’t lose stock he’s got a bright future

Every time I see a video professing Rogan of "destroying' someone, he's usually being a belligerent douche....or just disagreeing with them. Lex Friedman "bats don't have ears" Rogan "I don't agree" DESTROYED
He destroyed Schaub and Jamie Kilstein before he lost all credibility. He deserves some credit for those I guess. And Adam Conover.

Rogan acting like a total buffoon? Wow, shocked, who would have thought?

I mean the ref was right. It did perry off the glove causing the punch to go lower. But I'm not sure how high it would've been if it didn't go off the glove. Also props to the ref for taking that beating on TV like a champ from ol Jimmy

That's still an illegal blow. There's also no explanation as to why he told Mares to back off immediately after it landed if he thought was legal and then started a count when Agbeko went down.

Agbeko didn't go to one knee until Mora stopped the fight. If Mora thought the blow was legal, why did he stop the action? If Mora stopped the action because of an illegal blow, why did he start counting when Agbeko dropped to his knee to recover? There is no rational justification for his behavior in that sequence of events.

...and that was only one of dozens of low blows that were landed in that fight by Mares without penalty. Mora also credited Mares with a knockdown earlier in the fight when he just pushed Agbeko over.

If you think that Mora didn't do anything wrong, then you really need to watch that entire fight. It's universally considered the worst modern officiating performance in boxing for a reason.

Last edited:
Meanwhile you have herb"warning"dean still refing fights in 2023

Surely had a lot to do with Silva's upside as a prospect who was quickly finishing fights at that point in his career.

It was very random moment. Seemed like more of point making by Yamasaki than anything else. Nobody was getting dqd during that time and it was pretty clear Silva was the better man. Seemed like a unneeded hazzle to dq him because of one misplaced shot.

Ah, wasn't aware that DQs didn't happen much back then. I was watching back then, but can't really remember how it all was exactly.

To me, it was only that one shot at the end that looked illegal, but Yamasaki was already moving in before that shot to call time. The shots before that all looked legal enough. I guess Yamasaki just had a bad angle and fucked up. I mean, technically, he was right to call a foul with how that one shot at the end landed, but he wasn't calling it for that anyway lol.

Also, how you gonna call Silva the better man? Kid's like 18 here.

Sorry.

I think it's about time that joke had a heart attack and retired. It's the sherdog equivalent of a shitty Borat impression

You can retire it, but I won't...thanks though sir, I truly appreciate your concern.

Joe pissed and set the narrative. Embarrassing to interview the referee like that.

Probably got a stern talking to for that because I don't remember him pulling that again?

Yamasaki would have fucked up Rogan.

It’s not often it occurs but this isn’t the first time refs get questioned re controversial decisions made during the fight. It has happened in boxing a few times and it should be encouraged.

giphy.gif

Back